• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lazy Mouse (Brush stroke smoothing)

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lazy mouse feature in PS would be great. (like the one in Zbrush)

There is an external program called Lazy Nezumi, but this only 'works' on PC, & not on Mac (sadface)

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017
Photoshop CC now supports brush smoothing. Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
68 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact is "Lazy Mouse"? (other than a cat-snack)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a tool in zbrush that allows you to draw smooth strokes by hand. It uses some sort of calculation to average out the stroke your mouse travels.

heres a link to the lazy nezumi program (win only) http://people.happycoders.org/kamih/w...

there are some zbrush tutorial videos online where they use lazy mosue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a great idea!

Helps create better curves while painting! Much needed for Photoshop. The program Lazy Nezumi is good, but gets in the way of workflow. I'm surprised PS doesn't have this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great think I would love to see in CS6 would be a steady mouse feature... similar to the Lazy Mouse in ZBrush. That would be so handy (get it, handy? :P)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, adobe, just copy the stabilizer from SAI paint tool and you are all good ! enough with leeching basic features for your next so called upgrades

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all of my linework in SAI because of the stabilizer. It's basically impossible to create clean lines like that in PS on a tablet. Really would help my workflow to have it integrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Lazynezumi is not reliable enough - this really should've been added to PS years ago! Just google "inking in photoshop" or "smooth lines in photoshop" etc - people have been wanting this for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this thread, at least now I know about the stabilizer tool in SAI

(btw, there is this 'smoothing' option in the brush settings(in photoshop), but it does not seem to do anything)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smoothing setting does smooth your brush stroke in Photoshop. It's more noticeable with smaller brush tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new version of lazy nezumi available called Lazy Nezumi Pro:

http://lazynezumi.com/

It works as a photoshop plugin and is very easy to use.
It has many bugfixes and new features since the old version, so check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!

unfortunately its only for windows..

hope its successful enough to get a mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this would be an ideal addition to photoshop. If I want to use the lazy mouse feature right now I have to change over to Sketchbook Pro and use it (steadystroke). It's a hassel when you would think Photoshop would be one up on them with this. I think even painter 12 has a steadystroke/lazy mouse feature. "Photoshop peeps: please consider this on my immediate wish list. Also, bring back scrolling features on the bridge CC using the mouse wheel. I miss the feature on CS 6 and it was much faster in my workflow."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, we really need a brush stabilizer for photoshop, I just don¡t understand why the heck photoshop doesn't have it, I mean, it's photoshop, PHOTOSHOP, we need it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Please add this to photoshop. I'm a long time user of your products (currently subscribing to Adobe CC)- But the current Photoshop CC really needs this. It would save me HOURS of time from having to under states of history because my hand didn't get the stroke just right, and using the pen tool to create these strokes is way too inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would absolutely LOVE to see this added to Photoshop! RIght now on the Mac there isn't really a lot of choices when it comes to this feature... I think Sketchbook Pro is really the best option out there but it's still not all that great. If Photoshop could do something like Lazy Nezumi—but built-in—would be AMAZING!

When I ink lines in PS, it always results in a sort of "lumpy" look, no matter how I configure my brush. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature I really miss and the reason I can't ink my comics in Photoshop. Currently I have to use Sketchbook Pro to ink my pages which isn't ideal.

Please add this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use a Wacom to animate in Photoshop on a Mac, would be so much improved with a brush stroke smoother.

Flash and Illustrator both have this option, as do Corel Painter, Sketchbook Pro, Paint Tool SAI, Fire Alpaca, Krita, Gimp and others.

It seems really weird that Adobe don't seem to have prioritized this feature.

Sure Flash is built for animation but I want to work with bitmaps, not vectors, and Flash still has that stupid brush-stroke-doesn't-scale-with-zoom behavior.

This thread is 3 years old now - come on Adobe, please? You're supposed to be the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do understand that we have thousands of requests from millions of users, right?

If you want a feature, tell us why and vote for it. But don't get impatient while we implement all the other feature requests ahead of this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good old high and mighty Chris Cox, telling users to shut up as usual. I have no idea why Adobe keeps letting you interact with the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even tvpaint has a brush stabilizer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I’m well aware you have a lot of users, aka customers, and I think your comment is a poor example of customer service. Any information that you could provide about the status of this feature request would be far more useful, and appropriate.

I would hope that having all your millions of paying customers would help to provide the resources to implement a simple but fundamental feature which has existed for many years in two of your other flagship products, and is ubiquitous among Photoshop’s competitors, including several which cost nothing. Are all those other developers wrong to bother prioritizing it? Was Adobe wrong to include it in Flash and Illustrator?

Accusing me of impatience regarding a simple feature this long overdue is laughable and patronizing. Would be a bit like me saying "You do know people want to draw stuff with Photoshop, right?"

I’m not asking for a multi-featured plugin like the excellent Lazy Nezumi Pro -
a single, simple ‘smoothing’ slider, like the one Flash has had for the last ten years, would be enough to stop me and many others from having to use your competitors’ products, and would be much better than the on/off ‘Smoothing’ switch in Photoshop which doesn’t appear to do anything useful at any brush size setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lazy Nezumi pro and am very happy with it :)
that being said- I agree that photoshop should come with this kind of native functionality. Another suggestion - adobe might consider purchasing Lazynezumi pro and adopting the functionality into it. (why reinvent the wheel?)
No, I'm not in association with LN, I'm just a fan of their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no Lazy Nezumi for mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it because that photoshop positioned like a photo edit software, not a software for drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just found this thread, same here, been wanting to make nice lineart, been trying for weeks but just cant get any smooth lines, and if do theyre in the wrong place.

i have a mac so i cant get sai, i was wondering if getting a cintiq would help because then id be dawing straight onto the screen but im not even sure if that would help and its a lot of money to spend just for that?

ps really should have this tool, its well established as a program used by artists and this just seems like one of the most obvious things that would be added? its making me frustrated to the point where im not sure i should continue with digital, and should maybe just stick to traditional and sack in the photoshop subscription all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate