• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please support PixelBender in CS6/CC

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why pn earth would Adobe drop this hugely successful and uniqe set of plug-ins/filters! I know a lot of people are very unhappy about this. I really hope Adobe changes its mind and comes out with an upgrade/patch to fix this problem.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Photoshop no longer supports Pixel Bender.

Status Declined

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013
FYI - Legacy downloads for the Pixel Bender plug-in that are compatible with Photoshop CS4, Photoshop CS5 (12.0) and Photoshop CS5 (12.1) have been relocated from Adobe Labs and consolidated here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pixelbend...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012
Thank you all for your interest in and enthusiasm for Pixel Bender. Pixel Bender has been offered in the past on Adobe Labs as a technology preview. As of CS6, we're no longer providing Pixel Bender as a Labs technology. Photoshop CS6 has taken the Pixel Bender filter most popular with customers, Oil Paint, and turned it into an official feature in CS6. Photoshop CS6 no longer supports Pixel Bender for 3rd party development.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 211 Replies 211
211 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The oil paint filter that comes with CS6 is no where near the same filter. Pixel Bender was smooth and glossy. It had depth and life to it. I used it on almost everything to liven up. Even if just to accent edges on top layer and leave the rest of the image without. There is no comparison. The life is gone. I am almost depressed. Definitely extremely disappointed. We pay too much money and give way too much loyalty to be facing this issue. Please do something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI – It looks like a 3rd party has released a full PixelBender-esque plug-in that will work in CC. Haven’t tried it myself, but may interest those who liked Oil Paint and PixelBender: http://aescripts.com/pixel-bender-acc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This product does not include the oil paint! i bought it hoping it did...There must be some way to import the filter from CS5 Pixel bender to the 3rd client plug-in.

If anyone figures this out please let me know and i will do the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does the oilpaint .pbk or .pbg file reside from CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just adding my two bits. I am new to PS, joined with cc last year. I have never used pixel bender, but really enjoyed the oil filter for certain photos. when the update for 2014 cc came along I soon realized that it was missing, but 2014 had side installed next to cs6 which still had the oil paint filter. I thought it was odd, but was workable.

now that I have a new computer I have lost cs6 with the oil paint filter, and have to transfer the files to my old computer to use the filter. not so smooth a work flow.

I am now using the greycstoration plugin to get a similar effect found here

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thr...

it's better than nothing, but I prefer the oil paint filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not install CS6 on the new computer or Just add the plugin from CS6 to the new CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko as a cc customer how can I load cs6? I do not see that option anywhere. how can the oil paint filter in cs6 be copied and applied in 2014 cc? from what I've read there is no way to have the oil paint filter in 2014 cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install it from the downloaded installer you got when you first bought CS6 or the install DVD. I have CS4 CS6 CC and the new CC2014 all installed on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko I am a cc customer, so I dont have a dvd. I will try download cs6 itself and see if I can install beside 2014 cc, like it is on my old computer. thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get CS6? Did you buy it? if so you must have an installer for it. Also there is the option of moving the pixelbnder plugin from your old computer to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a cc customer, so I downloaded and update through cc. cc does not have the download option for cs6 so I am downloading seperately, and I can look into the pb plugin move later, as I am heading out right now. thanks again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Boko, I installed cs6 separately, and now have it along side my 2014 cc. not ideal, but better than not having it at all.

have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS4 installed on my Mac just so I can use the peel off white plugin made by berg design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so now that I have the oil paint filter in CS6, but it doesn't have the ACR filter. yes it opens raw images in ACR, but ACR cannot be applied as a filter. before the update to 2014 cc, it had both the ACR filter and the oil paint filter. I find I use the ACR filter frequently after applying the oil paint filter. this is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, after reading this topic I'm starting to think the people behind Adobe must be the same people that are behind google. The same sort of spin has been handed out here for this plugin as is being handed out for why Chrome disables extensions that Google finds threatening.

Bottom line is, regardless of what Adobe says, people want a plugin that Adobe isn't making money off of and can't figure out how to make money off of... so it's been disabled.

Too bad. there are a lot of other plugins out there that depend on this plugin... and that is forcing users to use older versions of Photoshop.

Sounds to me like a: there's plenty of interest and b: adobe is losing themselves customers because people that want this plugin will not be upgrading.

Bad business decision Adobe. Maybe you should consider implementing the plugin as written, not the poor imitation you made of one of its functions, into the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe the people who wrote the plugin initially should rewrite it for the new software. the bad business decision is made by the plugin manufacture not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!
The people who wrote it, could easily rewrite it, or make an app, and we all would GLADLY purchase it.

Sell it as a stand-alone filter, an app, and advertise it.
I, (and my PS classmates), would all go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so would i

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would we get this wish and information out there onto the web, whereby some of these smart kids can find out about this?

There are plenty of smart guys who are totally capable of doing this, but how do we alert them to what we want?

I have a classmate who might know some people who make these photo-enhancing apps for smartphones, perhaps somebody there could get the ball rolling. I will try to see if they are interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people who wrote it are/were at Adobe. If you go back to the beginning of this "rant," you'll see it was developed in Adobe Labs. Adobe is the reason it no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe probably has a clause in their employee handbooks, that says, whatever you invent here, you leave with us. So the guys would have to start afresh with new code, and give it a different name? Make an app? Im sure they would make a lot of dough if they could do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/arti...
Some interesting stuff here, but I am in over my head once they talk about code.

http://www.filterforge.com/features/v...
This could be promising?

http://www.filterforge.com/forum/read...
This info is old, but interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to have the pixel bender plugin for the digital art I produce and for this reason I will not upgrade from CS5 until it is added!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS5 from Adobe as a download. I loved PixelBender. I switched to PS CC, thinking that it would contain PixelBender. Unfortunately someone at Adobe made a decision to no longer support Pixel Bender in PSCC or PS6. I no longer have CS5 since I replaced it with PSCC. How can I get PS5 back? Sometimes I think Adobe doesn't care about their users, who have paid lots of money for the Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate