Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Drag 5.1 Audio Timeline into Another Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have run into an issue where I cannot drag a timeline with a master of 5.1 into a 5.1 audio track.

Essentially I have created a timeline that consists of 6 mono channels with a master of 5.1. When I try to drag this into another timeline it says 'No content in sequence in/out range' and doesn't drag anything into the timeline. It only allows me to drag the timeline in as 6 mono tracks.

The strange thing is that this is the first time this has happened, I have done the same thing in the past and there were no issues. It even has this issue on timelines that used to be able to be dragged in just fine. I'm certain I haven't changed any settings in Premiere Pro. I've also tried to do it in CS6 and I didn't run into the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

I ended up fixed it by resetting my preferences. Doesn't really help figure out what caused the issue but I suppose as long as it is fixed it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ollie5DC6 

I've just tried nesting a sequence with a 5.1 Mix track into another sequence with a 5.1 Mix also.  It worked for me, but your steps are not 100% clear.  If you want to clarify what is happening, could you post a video showing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Apologies for the late response. Here is the link to the screen recording of my issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxYsw1c4dAAsjorgBlSb0jqE3cFlHIQR/view?usp=sharing

And here is a screenshot of the 5.1 timeline:

5.1 Timeline Screenshot.JPG

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the video makes it clear what is happening. 

You are trying to lay back the 5.1 audio to the new video.  In your case, with that existing sequence "TT.5.1" is is set as a multi-channel Mono sequence. 

Right click on TT5.1 and select "Modify>Audio Channels...".  In the dialog that opens, under Presets dropdown, select 5.1.  Then Ok to accept the changes.  Now you should be able to drag that Sequence into 5.1 track shown in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same issue. After setting the preset to 5.1 I still get the 'No Content in Sequence In/Out Range' error.

Also not sure if this is normal, but when I set the preset to 5.1, then click Ok, then go back into Modify>Audio Channels the preset is custom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the In and Out points set to in your TT5.1 sequence? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any in/out points. I still get the same issue if I add them to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up fixed it by resetting my preferences. Doesn't really help figure out what caused the issue but I suppose as long as it is fixed it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ollie5DC6 Ok, thanks for following up.  Sorry this happened, I dont' really know what it might be.  If you could share the project with me I can try to investigate (just the .prproj).  I will send you an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate