• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph cut - Analyzing in Background never completes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple headshot cutting to the same head, same everything a few seconds later.

All other transitions work find. I try morph cut and see 'Analyzing in background.' Never see sign of progress - should I see it chewing through frames somehow?

I have gone to project settings. Tried both rendering settings. One thing - When I do GPU acceleration my still frames look like garbage - example:

http://www.screencast.com/t/rPiWL6yL

Software acceleration looks fine. No idea if these items are related.

Have run through all preferences. Don't see anything that might be turned off. BTW - working with MBP 15" late 2013. Latest OS.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Hello mbpm, and community,

I'm Kevin from support, one of the moderators here. Thanks for the bug report.

I apologize for the issues this effect sometimes causes. A product team member would be better at explaining this, but in my own experience using it, it's not a new effect and was created when certain workflows didn't exist yet. Reading through here, nesting can assist with legacy scaling issues, and transcoding can help with other unforeseen issues. The thread contains some other really g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Hi @wisaq,

I read that you are having trouble with the morph cut effect. Please provide the community with more information so we can help. I'm sorry for the frustration. You can take steps to ensure the effect works much better, such as using a simple background, short clips, and avoiding scaling with clips vs. sequence settings (choose to nest). I hope the ideas help.

See:

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried morph cut for the first time today. It is analyzing forever with no progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a bunch of other things first and this was the only thing that worked. Annoying. But the workaround did work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out a way to make this work - although it is a clunky approach.

1. Place cuts on both sides of the actual cut you want to morph, 8-10 frames should do.

2. Nest both of those small 8-10 frame clips

3. Apply the effect between the nested clips

4. It will usually tell you there is insufficient data, but just ignore and adjust the length of the effect

5. Adjust the morph to the number of frames you desire - 6 is usually my sweet spot

6. Render the effect to playback and see if you're happy with the length

I've found this to be the only way to keep it from analyzing for eternity. Hope it works for others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that adding edits with the razor tool a few frames before and after the transition speeds up the 'analyzing' process, especially if the two clips are particularly long. Presumably the analysis needs to encompass every frame before and after the transition, so by shortening the clips, the process is much faster. It may not apply universally, but it solved my apparently interminable analyzing problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was actually quite helpful. It did help in a number of my cuts. Really appreciate it. It is still obviously a work around for an issue that still needs to be resolved,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely helped a bit. I did this in addition to the recommendations by steban42 above. The combination helped quite a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Agree with Juanito above, this was the only trick that actually got the effect to work (and sheledit's trick helped speed it up too). Hopefully Adobe sorts the morph cut issue with subclips soon, but in the meantime, merci merci merci for being a lifesaver with that trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, steban4! This seems to be a good workaround to not have the "analyzing" banner show up in the exported clip! Sad that Adobe doesn't prioritize fixing a feature they are so proud to advertise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have this problem when using Morph Cut with clips which have other colour correction / effects applied or when I Morph Cut nested clips. It seems to be the Morph Cut has not completed it's analysis in time before I send it to render. Sometimes when I open a project and leave it for an hour it catches up and then when I render it is fine. Otherwise I have to manually re-apply the Morph Cut, play the time-line through and if OK then quickly hit render!

Maybe Adobe could just put a check before render. Like it checks for offline media it could check for unfinished analysis. But then we would have a perfect world!

- Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't appear to be fixed....  Really need morph cut today, latest CC 2019 version 13.01 and stuck on "Analyzing in background". Windows 10 Pro on new Dell Laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this has reared its ugly head for me, too.  Nothing seems to work.  Of course I'm on a tight schedule.  This software-as-a-service model stinks.  I miss the days of getting a boxed product that worked and wasn't being constantly "fixed" by patches that sometimes break as much as they fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU SAVED MY LIFE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that might have made a difference in my case: The sequence settings didn't match the footage settings.  I cut out the section that I wanted to morph, pasted it into a sequence that matched the footage (XDCAM EX), and then rendered it.  Seemed to work, at least it got me through today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have continuing issues with morph cut. One thing I just noticed is that on a timeline with several morph cuts applied close to each other, when I click on the actual transition, sometimes the word "analyze" is clickable in the Effects control window, and with others it's not. It's as if PR is telling us which morph cuts it will attempt to work out and which it won't. ??

As for trying the others workarounds, I'm going to be hardheaded and wait for Adobe to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the current version 13.0 Premiere & Morph Cuts are not working. Once the effect has been analyzed and rendered, I export.

The export file contains 'analyzing in background' overlay text at every Morph Cut transition in the sequence.

Anyone else experiencing Bugs/Issues with Morph Cut on v13.0?

Morph Cut is usually a great help with interview footage but just a headache right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's been this way for awhile.  Easiest "fix" is to force render sections, export matching sequence, then stack that "render" on top layer.  Nesting makes this problem worse.  Multiple instances on same timeline make this worse.  Multiple stacked effects with morph cut makes this problem worse.  Until version 2.0 of Morph Cut is released, I'm sure nothing will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think best usage for Morph cut when doing multiple/many clips or long clips is to render/replace each section into the sequence first. Then you no longer have Morph taking over system resources no can even get the dreaded "analyzing" on your exports.

When Morph was created, the engineers were assuming this was a last-case fixer for a few things now & then. Some users are using it for every clip on a long sequence ... and it's a bear on resources.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunate. Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with morph cuts not rendering.  The sequence had been rendered and all the morph cuts where integrated.  I made a change to other clip in the timeline and then the morph cuts became unrendered.  Now I'm getting the banner "Analyzing in the background" forever.  I actually left the computer on all night to be sure that I was giving it enough time, but no luck.  I've changed the length down to 3 or 4 frames, reset the preferences and workspace, all to no avail.

Is there a way to see what the progress is in the rendering process for the morph cut?  I'm trying to figure out whether the program is hanging up, or where the issue may be.  I'm on a deadline, and don't want to remove the morph cuts if at all possible. 

MacBook Pro 15" 2017, OS 10.13.6, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Radeon Pro 555 2048MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 2016 or 2017 there was the option to see the progress by frames of the process. in 2019 (which is what I use is no longer available)

Screenshot_5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'm using 2019 as well, so it's a bit frustrating.  I've tried moving from 6 to just 2 frames for the morph, but still after an hour the banner saying "Analyzing background" is still on screen.  What so strange is that all five of these had rendered just a couple of days ago.  Now none of them will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allenb77779565  wrote

What so strange is that all five of these had rendered just a couple of days ago.  Now none of them will.

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned initially, I had already tried resetting the preferences and the workspaces.  The graphics driver is up to date.

And other suggestions short of removing the morph cuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AllenB,

Can you let the devs know of this shortcoming? Premiere Pro: Hot (4409 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin.  I found another request for a progress bar and voted for it.  Someone also suggested moving the processing to the foreground so that the computer threw all its resources at the morph cut.  I think that makes sense too.  Maybe as a choice in the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate