• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second option works very well, thanks a lot ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas Gracias lo pude solucionar con la 2da opcion!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, but I have to do it about 10 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User Are you using "Match sequence preview settings"?  Try avoiding that one, and your exports should be successful, and you won't have to reset your prefs all the time.  Let me know if this is not the case for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Incredible_hand16B8, we're updating that page soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to let everyone know the progress.  We have an internal fix for this that we are testing and will put into beta in the next few days and then roll into an official release as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed in Premiere Pro beta as of version 23.5.0, build 20.  Install the latest beta if you want to try this fix.  Beta and Release versions can be installed side-by-side and the projects are compatible so you can open the project in beta to get the export done and not have to reset your preferences. More info on Beta apps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html.  We will be putting this fix into an official release very soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select File it locks up, if I go to Edit and any of the preferences, it locks up. None of the fixes listed stops this for me and I hear of others with the same problem. Tried the beta also, still the same. I suspect sonmething in the registry is affecting both programs, no idea, Windows 10, 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this did not help in my case. Also after resetting the preferences all ,of my stills in the current project do not show up anymore in the bin in icon view mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the beta installed, still locks up when I go to Edit and choose any of the preferences. And I mean locks up, no matter how long you wait, it freezes when you click anywhere after that. Uninstalled, removed all plugins, reset prefs when loading using ALT key and all other options set to not load.

File->Export just sits there as before but no lock up, other options open up. Just Edit is my main problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround 2 did it! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renders have been very difficult. Slow, screen lagging and glitchy while it thinks to go into render mode, renders getting to 100% and not completing. I managed to get some of my work done that's on a deadline, but this can't go on much longer. Clients are booking airtime and they have to be out.  I did all the workarounds. The only thing that saved me was going through media encoder itself. Trying to  send to Media Encoder through PP crashed it. 

I have not tried the Beta version

Windows 10 64-bit

PP Version 23.3.0 Build 61

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiz a exportação pelo Media Encoder e, depois de ler este artigo, resetei as opções do Premiere conforme a segunda sugestão. Funcionou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 23.4 is still crashing/memory leaking. Not only on export. On play, while using captions, moving the playhead, even once on opening a file. Sometimes it works, but other times it's crashing constantly. This sucks. 

I've worked on bigger files than what I'm currently working on with no problems, on the same machine. A iMac M1 8GB Ram, with Ventura 13.3 now (previously it was whatver the previous OS was, maybe that's the issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan

@Francis-Crossman 

Moderators,

Why was my post removed? I was not notified or consulted.

The opaque moderation of this forum continues the poor record of the way Adobe communicates with its users.

Original post (April 29):

Once again, Adobe fails to use its own tools to communicate with users effectively about the products they are paying for. This is an ongoing issue that negatively affects users. I have written before about this here and here.

Known Issues:

"Find known issues and limitations in the latest release of Adobe Premiere Pro."

Adobe currently lists no known issues with version 23.3 of Premiere Pro. Why?

Update:

The current Known Issues page lists no issues with 23.4. ... Is this true?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Incredible_hand16B8 I don't know who removed your post but to answer your questions - The issue has been added to the known issues page for 23.3 and the fixed issues page for 23.4.  We don't have any known issues for 23.4 as of now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never have them make the same mistake again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 23.4 is still crashing/memory leaking. Not only on export. On play, while using captions, moving the playhead, even once on opening a file. Sometimes it works (only after clearing preferences and restarting the imac, the same as before) but other times it's crashing constantly. This sucks. 

I've worked on bigger files than what I'm currently working on with no problems, on the same machine. An iMac M1 8GB Ram, with Ventura 13.3 now (previously it was whatever the previous OS was. Maybe that's the issue?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..even just now, I finally got it to play a rendered timeline (i.e. green bar indicator), every thing was finally going great, right.
Then I saved as, as another file, then I deleted some clips in front of the timeline, saved again, okay. Then I tried to play it, and it crashes/memory leaks again! This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved my Prefences freeze, created a new account in Windows, removed the old one and now the new account works as it should. Doesn't require reinstalling Adobe apps either. Only way I could stop PP from freezing, not even the latest beta would make it run right. Seems to be a rogue file in the user account or something. Now it all works well... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francis is there no fix on 23.3 for users who do not want to go to 23.4 because of the bugs in the new release?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that finally worked consistently was downgrading to 22, and converting any current 23 projects that are freezing, to be compatible with 22. There is a site that downgrades projects to 22, here

This two step process was the only way I was able to get back on track and not experience anymore crashes, freezes, or memory leaks. Period. 

Beyomd that, my next move would have been to give HitFilm a try. 

Good luck all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines