• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invert Button not working on opacity mask

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest Premier Beta and the "Invert" box cannot be check in the Opacity Masking.  

Does anyone have a workaround since I have created a bunch of windows that need this in my footage?

I have attached a screenshot

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Hello @roman rivera and @mary catherinef5429993,

Is there any other information you can provide? See: How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce. Invert is working for me with 24.5 beta 043 & 044. 

Perhaps something with your Preferences? If you delete your Preferences and relaunch Premiere, does it now work? (you can remove Adobe Premiere Pro (Beta) Prefs from your Profile folder)

Screenshot_MaskInvert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. In both the Beta version and in the 2024 version. I've cleared preferences, cache, disabled plugins, restarted premiere, and nothing fixes it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@roman rivera and @mary catherinef5429993 

Are either of you able to share just the project file?  It would be good to take a closer look at this. 

I just tried this under Windows 11 Pro in Premiere Pro 24.4.1 (Build 2) and it works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @roman rivera and @mary catherinef5429993,

Is there any other information you can provide? See: How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Warren Heaton,

I can't repro on Mac either.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I sent Warren my project file in a direct message. I can send to you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mary catherinef5429993 

@Kevin-Monahan 

While I cannot generate the same issue from scratch, I am able to see the error message being generated in Mary's project.

Error message generated when attempting to interact with Mask (1) in the Effect ControlsError message generated when attempting to interact with Mask (1) in the Effect Controls

In addition to not being able to enable the Inverted parameter, as best as I can tell the Mask Path cannot be selected as well.

PR24 - Unexpected Mask Behavior - Mask Path will not select.  Mask will not invert.  Interacting with Mask (1) generates a low-level exception error.PR24 - Unexpected Mask Behavior - Mask Path will not select. Mask will not invert. Interacting with Mask (1) generates a low-level exception error.

Mary, it would be good to know how to know how Mask (1) was generated in your project.  I was able to delete Mask (1) and draw a new one and have it invert as expected.  Of course, I'm not sure how important the exact shape of the current mask is.

Unexpected behavior (Premiere Pro 24.4.0 (Build 62), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1):

• Mask Path cannot be selected

• Mask will not invert

• Interacting with Mask (1) generates a a low-leve exception error (Mask (AEVideoFilter:15)

Expected behavior:

• User should be able to select the mask path, invert the mask, and edit the mask.

Workaround:

• Delete Mask (1) and draw a new Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask was drawn manually with the pen tool. Deleting the mask and re-drawing did not work for me. Still would not invert and continued crashing. The only thing that ended up working was creating a new project, importing just that piece of footage i needed the mask on. Drawing a new mask, inverting, and then ended up exporting out that whole clip at ProRes4444 so i could bring it into the other project and use it as needed without crashing/errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mary catherinef5429993 

Which version of Premiere Pro are you working in and what is build number?

It's something that should just work, so thank you for taking the time to provide details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mary catherinef5429993 If you could DM us that Project, it would be very helpful in our investigation. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate