Thanks!

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Hi B3anie,

Thanks for the bug report. Are you on Windows? If so, I have heard of this issue. It may have something to do with a faulty .dll file. Some people have reported that replacing this corrupt .dll with another one from another machine has worked for them.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024\ImageRenderer.dll

Since it's not an ideal troubleshooting step, reinstalling the OS would be my suggestion.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
37 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tested 24.6 yesterday, no improvements.  I suggest anyone with these issues downgrade to 24.3 until this is fixed.  It has its own set of bugs that I'm not happy to be dealing with but at least they don't completely break the program. 

Adobe tech support finally acknowledged it was a bug and they are working on it:
Screenshot 2024-08-23 104553.png

Hope to god they don't wait for 24.7 or 25 and instead put out a 24.6.1.  We should continue putting pressure to this end.  Seems to be happening to more and more users as time goes on and we are just a small sample.  Appreciate if you can also help escalate our frustration and push for a bug-fix patch as soon as they have one, @Kevin-Monahan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for us - and all the issues portaged themselves to 24.6.   i've got the exact same project open in 23 and 24 - 23 is completely stable, 24.6 is a constant crash and reopen fest.  if you stay in 23.6.9 everything is as smooth as silk and completely stable, SFX accesibility aside 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep losing work in 24, constant crashes  Might be time to just bite the bullet and jump into Resolve.  It's disgusting, we pay monthly dues, their stock at all time highs and these clowns keep breaking their own software. It's going back to the days when using Premiere was a joke.  Everyone was on Final Cut until they had some blunders of their own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just updated to 24.6.1 and PP is STILL crashing for no reason. Sorry, have I missed something? Has whatever the bug was not been fixed in the 2 updates since 24 was released?

I'm so disappointed with this programme right now. I've never known it to be so unstable for so long...If I've missed something from another feed, then my apologies, but as at today, I'm still trapped having to use an external programme to downgrade my 24 projects to 23...so frustrating and time-consuming in role that is already time-precious with video-production deadlines!! 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sabina17 
Adobe tech support has confirmed this has not been fixed yet in 24.6.1.
Screenshot 2024-09-03 091624.png
I've been working without too much trouble in 24.3 for the past few weeks.  I advise you use that version unless you want to go back to the latest version of 23 (which is probably more stable but missing more new features.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this thread as I have a user who has run into this same issue running versions 24.5 and the newest 24.6.1 I spent the day troubleshooting and came across this forum post. I tried replacing the imagerender.dll file and running an older version of premiere (24.3) the older version was very slow and I could not get video to playback smoothly. Im having the user use proxies or transcode the MXF files before editing in premire until adobe fixes this issue. as of now only 1 out of 20 adobe users at my place of employment have reported having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Keale, I downgraded to 24.3, but it's just kicked me out my project again. I'm a PC user and have downgraded to v23 now! I'll have to wait for the Adobe team to succeed with the fix 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating a similar issue. For testing purposes, could you please try checking the latest Beta version of Premiere Pro (v25.0) and let us know if it's working properly? You may refer to this link to learn more about the Creative Cloud Beta program.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estoy experimentando un problema con Premiere Pro que se cierra inesperadamente tras las últimas actualizaciones. Ya sea trabajando, importando un video o cambiando el nombre de una secuencia, el programa se cierra solo. Este inconveniente no ocurría antes y solo comenzó después de actualizar el software. Es muy frustrante, ya que impide trabajar adecuadamente. Espero que haya una solución disponible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information about your system, operating system and the types of video you are trying to edit before we can make suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this hapenning on a specific project? Have you tried making a new project?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sumeet Kumar Choubey 
Ok, finally got a few minutes to try using beta 25.1.  Not sure if it will exhibit the same imagerenderer.dll crash that we're complaining about here, because it has far bigger problems, right off the bat.  This version doesn't recognize the presence of a GPU, causing the whole timeline to go red.  The choice is actually grayed out in project settings.  Never seen that broken before.
Screenshot 2024-09-17 094352.png

Votes

Translate

Translate