• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source clip audio won't import

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, upon opening a new project with all my usually default settings, I attempted to import a clip and the audio will not show up on the timeline. I've checked to make sure the proper audio track is enabled yet still the issue persists. I tried playing the clip in the source monitor and I get an error message "premiere pro could not start audio playback. (Error code: -1609891836).

The only good news is that its the same error code every time I try (the last issue I had resulted in several diffrent error codes showing up each time it failed). Ive ensured that my audio settings are normal and correct, Ive also watched the clips on my pc to make sure they have the audio, which they do. I have searched high and low across the web and forums here but I havent seen anything that will help, though I've tried several solutions. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Hello @jsgibson09,

Thanks for filing the bug report. I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. I am one of the moderators here.

The team would like to help you with the bug but may need more information from you to reproduce it. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can help you with this soon.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Hi @jsgibson09,

Is it possible to share a file with the team so that they can inspect it? Feel free to PM me a link if you'd like to keep it out of the public eye.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jsgibson09,

Thanks for filing the bug report. I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. I am one of the moderators here.

The team would like to help you with the bug but may need more information from you to reproduce it. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can help you with this soon.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Matt from Adobe here, can you provide an example file so a bug can be generated?  I will send you a private message if you cannot share a file publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the file that I am trying to export, as in the clip itself, or a file showing the error that has occrued? I've provided a screenshot of the issue occuring but I can also send you the file in question. 

• Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 24.4.1 (Build 2)
  • Operating system - Windows 11
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Super (Driver Ver. 31.0.15.5222)

• RAM: 16GB

• Hard Drive: (Project files save to drive with 290GB space & exports go to HDD w/ 3.72TB avail.)

• Video format: copied as is from video clip's properties screen.
    • File Path: Y:\Party Wolf Media\Party Wolf Podcast\ClipsReels\wine review.mp4
      Type: MPEG Movie
      File Size: 277.54 MB
      Image Size: 1920 x 1080
      Frame Rate: 47.71
      Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
      Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
      Total Duration: 00:01:26:06
      Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
      Alpha: None
      Color Space: Rec. 709
      Color Space Override: Off
      Input LUT: None
      Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0
      Variable Frame Rate Detected
  • Workflow details: Brand new project with only two clips in the library. Havent actually begun working because of audio issue. 
  • Steps to reproduce - Step 1, start new project. step 2) flip sequence for vertical video. step 3) import clips, step 4) drag clip to timeline. step 5) wonder where the audio went. 
  • Expected result - see both audio and video show up on the TL
  • Actual result -  Only video shows up on the TL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you mean the file that I am trying to export"

The file you are attempting to IMPORT that is causing the bug.  So I can try and reproduce the issue on my end. If I na not reproduce the error internally, we can not attempt to debug it, and provide a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have also encountered this issue. I've exported a ProRes MOV with audio from AE. When I try to import this MOV into PR, I get an error message when I attempt to play it in the source monitor. Additionally, if I drag and drop this MOV into the PR timeline, only the video track is included; the audio is missing. However, when I play this MOV in VLC, the audio works. I've never encountered this issue before, so it seems related to the new updates, as I am now on the newest version of PR 24.4.1 and AE 24.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the issue is resolved on my end. It was just that my cache disk was full. After freeing some space, everything was working as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my cache and the drive I use is a drive with over 3TB of space. I cleacred the cache anyway just to check and the issue is still persisting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jsgibson09,

Is it possible to share a file with the team so that they can inspect it? Feel free to PM me a link if you'd like to keep it out of the public eye.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wine review.mp4
<>
Does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I didn't receive that @jsgibson09 - Try uploading to Creative Cloud, DropBox, or Google Drive and PM me the link.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the format of the video, tried on an m2 macbook pro and an m3 macbook pro and same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened, corrupted my Premeire file.  Once I cleared the cache, made some room on my external drives (both my storage drive as well as the seperate drive I use for cache files), it seems to be working.  Creating a copy of the Premiere file did not work, nor did "save as."  I had to start completely over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to send a direct message to Kevin-Monahan with a google drive link, I've also tried uploading both the mp4 file and the adobe project file to my creative cloud but it says that it doesnt support the file type. I was out of town for a week and had hoped that maybe there would be more than this to go off of. but right now im paying for a product that hasnt been able to be fully utilized in months. I would really like some actual help. 

Someone tell me EXACTLY where AND how to send them the files to check on please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jsgibson09,
I apologize, but I never received that file. I just checked again.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan How do I actually upload/send the file. When I select "Insert Video" here, it wants me to add a video URL. 

At one time, you mentioned uploading it to creative cloud, however I've never used creative cloud for storage (I have a dozen cloud accounts already) so I actually dont know how to use it. I went to the website and tried to drag the file over to my folder and got an error "Can't upload 1 item[s]. Only .psd, .ai, .xd file formats are supported." 

Detailed instructions on how to get the video to you would be greatly appreciated.

(Note: I am able to use the same files on another machine that I found. Windows 11 laptop with half the power and even less than half the space as my PC.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-07-10 204315.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jsgibson09,

See if these instructions help you: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan those instructions contain how to share a file already in the CC. As I stated previously, I cannot get files to upload.Screenshot 2024-07-10 220257.png

Votes

Translate

Translate