• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

speed / duration menu unlink is not working i cant press on the chain icon it wont let me do

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

speed / duration menu unlink is not working i cant press on the chain icon it wont let me do anything  
it wont change please fix this ASAP i  have 2024 v check attached file 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user has posted about this, with staff response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvote this bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/speed-duration-cannot-lock-percentage/idi-p/1452983...

As noted there, fixed in the Beta version.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should now be resolved in the Timeline with 24.4 beta build 038+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: there is still an issue with Speed/Duration dialog from Project panel and Source Monitor, which we hope to address soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think they misplaced the icons. i just tried on windows computer, just click on the " ] " icon rather than the chain icon. it's not going to show if you have enabled it or not, but just change either of the setting and it will work accordingly.pr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nana36722464ffx2,

Congratulations! I won't call it misplaced icons, but I do think you have a workaround. In 23.6.0 (before it was broken) and Beta 24.4.x (after it was fixed), both the ] and the link mark toggle the state and it shows in the link/unlink mark. BTW, neither one results in the cursor changing to show that it is a button/link.

In 24.3.0, ONLY the ] mark toggles the state but does not change the link/unlink mark until it is opened again. But while still in the speed/duration dialogue, you can see the correct effect in the changing/unchanging duration vs speed, etc.

For example, if you have a 30 second clip at 100%, and you change the speed to 50%, in the linked state, you will get a 15 second clip and in the unlinked state, you will still show a 30 second clip. Click okay and reenter the speed/duration setting, it will show the correct state, speed, and duration.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate