• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe Tool Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 24.6.1.  No Dialogue error with using Transcribe function. Track isn't muted. It plays and I can hear it. Tried other clips that do work and here are the differences:

Transcription DOESN'T WORK when using clips with this audio. Clip is 59.94 and Sequence is 59.94.

Doesn't Work.jpg

Transcription DOES WORK when using clips with this audio. Clip is 23.97 and Sequence is 23.97.

Works.jpg

Is it because the audio is Compressed? 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Projects or collaboration , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Hi @PBSFilmmaker 

I looked at your sample clip and the reason why it’s not transcribing is due to phase cancellation in your audio. Your audio is a stereo clip with L and R channel, and if you convert them to a mono clip, the L and R channel will cancel each other out and result in silence, that’s why nothing gets transcribed. This is something that can be avoided during the technical/camera set-up before recording.

To fix the issue in your clip, you need to invert either the L or the R chan

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Hi @PBSFilmmaker,

Thank you for the report. Is it possible to share a sample clip with the team?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PBSFilmmaker,

Thank you for the report. Is it possible to share a sample clip with the team?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private message.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am in Asheville NC, and the hurricane damage truly deserves the word "catastrophic." We now have power and cell phone service at home, but, in our mountain location that is very poor internet via cell. We still have no other internet, and NO WATER. I'll try to post in the Lounge. We are at a friend's house about 2 hours away.

The file looks okay, creates a sequence, and can be transcribed from the Project panel, Sequence, and Source monitor opened from the project panel or sequence. HOWEVER, just as you describe, once transcribed, it now shows "No dialogue" in all those scenarios.

I can see the transcript clip and data in the unzipped project file. It is only a 19 second clip, and is probably complete.

@Kerstin Ebert Definitely one for you to look at.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2024 Oct 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PBSFilmmaker 

Thanks for reporting this. I'd love to get the sample file as well so I can share it with the engineering team – can you share it through a direct message with me?

@Stan Jones so sorry to hear that, I hope everyone is safe out there!

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PBSFilmmaker 

I looked at your sample clip and the reason why it’s not transcribing is due to phase cancellation in your audio. Your audio is a stereo clip with L and R channel, and if you convert them to a mono clip, the L and R channel will cancel each other out and result in silence, that’s why nothing gets transcribed. This is something that can be avoided during the technical/camera set-up before recording.

To fix the issue in your clip, you need to invert either the L or the R channel to avoid the phase cancellation. The best way do to this is in Audition (open the clip, disable one of the channels by clicking on the L or R toggle, then select Effects -> Invert).

You can also do a workaround in Premiere Pro which will only allow you do generate static transcripts (instead of dynamic transcripts which are used for text-based editing). These are the steps:

- Right-click on your clip in Project panel, select Modify -> Audio Channels

- Change Clip Channel Format to Mono

- Change Number of Audio Clips to 2, hit OK

- Add clip to your timeline, unlink audio from video

- Add the audio effect „Invert“ to only one of the audio channels

With these steps the phase cancellation should be inverted and you can create a static transcript via the „…“ menu in the Text panel.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding. We will try yourr suggestions.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate