• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select text or add new text with Type Tool

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to select or edit the existing text using the Type Tool. The selection gets instantly reverted. This also happens while adding new texts. Restarting the app is the only workaround. Here's a screen recording of the issue:

pr.gif

Premiere Pro Version: 24.2.1 (Build 2)

Laptop: Asus Vivobook Pro 15

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H

Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 3050

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Edited 3/29/24:

This bug is fixed in Release 24.3.0.

Original post:

See this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/unable-to-select-text-or-add-new-text-with-type-tool/idc-p/14481907#M22542

Fixed in Beta (not sure which build), but not in the Release 24.2.1.

Till fixed, 1) try to avoid deleting any of those effects while editing text and 2) if you do, use Annika's recommended workaround (click on motion or vector motion and then click away). You can also edit text in the Te

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hi! Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is investigating the bug. Looks like this is happening every time you delete an effect that allows Direct Manipulation in the Program Monitor (like a mask or the crop effect).

As bad as this is, at least we found a workaround that will hopefully get you editing somewhat smoothly again. If you enter any kind of Direct Manipulation before editing the text, it should work again. For example, click on "Motion" or "Vector Motion" in the Effect Controls pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hi @Matt Young,

Check out the 24.3 Beta build. The bug should be fixed there. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
85 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say that the bug does not sound like this issue, @morphinapg? I apologize if I moved your post to this bug report hastily. I can move it back for you to its own bug anytime. It does seem oddly similar, however. Let us know what happens with the new build.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Stan Jones,

I hope you are well today, friend. I read that the bug might still be hitting users in a particular workflow in 24.3. FYI, check out this bug report here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 

While it wouldn't surprise me if there's a connection, the actual behavior described in this bug is not the same as what I'm experiencing. I never have any issue clicking or selecting subtitles. The issue I have is that once or twice an hour or so, in the middle of typing a line, the cursor appears to lose focus and so any further keystrokes start activating keyboard shortcuts. I never have any issue making a selection in the first place.

It does appear to still be happening in 24.3. I've only been using it for a couple hours now though, but it's happened 2 or 3 times already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@morphinapg,

Thanks for reporting back. A screen recording might help. Does it immediately start working again when you again select the text?

@AnnikaKoenig Might this be related?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work around does the job - from an Adobe employee:

Hi! Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is investigating the bug. Looks like this is happening every time you delete an effect that allows Direct Manipulation in the Program Monitor (like a mask or the crop effect).

As bad as this is, at least we found a workaround that will hopefully get you editing somewhat smoothly again. If you enter any kind of Direct Manipulation before editing the text, it should work again. For example, click on "Motion" or "Vector Motion" in the Effect Controls panel. Then text editing works.

Sorry for this. We hope to have this resolved soon!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones 

Unfortunately a screen recording wouldn't really be easy because as I said, it happens unpredictably at rare random instances, maybe once an hour or so.

Yes, it immediately starts working again as soon as I get back to where I was. Sometimes the keyboard presses that it intercepted as shortcuts make changes I have to undo and I usually end up losing my place, so I have to find where I was again, but once I do, I can resume work normally, for a while until it happens again at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I was screen capturing while subtitling a video I'm working on for my youtube channel, and I ran into the bug here:

https://youtu.be/T_sLkTqthoA

You can see once I find my place again that it entered the letter I, but then immediately started reading keystrokes as keyboard shortcuts, so it seems like it lost focus right after that first letter was typed. It looks like it had also entered the space as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@morphinapg , for me, it looks like you are pressing ctrl+space by mistake every while, and that's cause the problem. Just a thought...

Hint: looking at your video, a faster way to get back to same place where you was editing: press "\" (zoom to sequence, it's better to set an easier keyboard shortcut for fast access, I remapped it to "z"), move your CTL (current time indicator) to where you was, press "\" again.

Wow: 372K subscribers, congrats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ali Jaber  that's why I placed keystrokes on in the video, to see whether anything like that was happening, but there's no Ctrl+Space reported in the keystrokes (checked frame by frame), so I don't think that's happening. Note that this often happens in the middle of a word as well, not just on spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@morphinapg , well, then the bug is about something that is triggering a playback command, this should help Adobe PPro team to investigate it...

Votes

Translate

Translate