• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong LUTS being pulled on saved project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple of old threads on similar issue but wondering if any newer solutions based on most recent versions. I am experiencing an issue with Premiere changing the LUT on my projects. My main issue is not always remembering which LUT I was using prior. Which causes a major headache of course. Any way to recal the orignal LUT used or how to best prevent this? I've read some saying this may happen anytime new LUTs are added?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback , Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens IF ... and only if ... you put your LUTs in the same folders with the provided LUTs, in the Premiere program files folders.

As those LUTs are accessed not by name but by place in the alpha-numeric sort order. It's a "relative" use, as in relative links on a spreadsheet.

And users are not supposed to add their LUTs to those folders.

They have a chart with two locations, both of which Premiere, Ae, and MediaEncoder will scan on startup for user-supplied LUTs. One is in the Users/file tree, one in Program Files [Package files} file tree. I find the Program files one shorter and easier to remember, but either works.

For my LUTs, they are in

Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs  ... with the following subfolders:

• Input (for Interpret Footage color management drop-down list)
  • Technical (for Lumetri Basic Tab Input LUT dropdown list)
  • Creative (for Creative Tab Look dropdown list)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, so do you recommend creating sub-folders within CREATIVE folder or creating a whole new folder elsewhere? but then they won't show in dropdown menu. Any insight on best practice in organizing added LUTs would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to make sure it's clear to you: my LUTs are not in the Premiere Pro folders ... period.

On a PC, the program's LUTs are in:

Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro/Lumetri/LUTs folders.

DO NOT use those folders for your LUTs, period. Never add to or delete LUTs from the Premiere Pro folder system.

I store my LUTs in:

Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs.

And in the appropriate subfolders according to use:

• Input folder, for Interpret Footage/Input LUT dropdown
  • Technical folder, for Lumetri Basic Tab Input LUT dropdown
  • Creative folder, for Lumetri Basic Tab Creative Look dropdown

By doing so, all three apps 'scan' and see them on launch each time. They always appear in the appropriate drop-down list.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate