Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Adobe Premiere Pro 2023” is damaged and can't be opened

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to open Premiere Pro 2023 from the Creative Cloud but I'm just getting the following message:Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 4.38.16 PM.png

Does anyone have any insights on what to do? I can't even move it to the bin as it tells me I have to manually move it to the bin,

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms vis

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't see this message in time and so cannot test it, but I did manage to solve the issue after seeing from a web search a page that said that the message doesn't mean the the app is actually damaged and could be a security issue.

So I went to Privacy & Security and I found there one of those messages you get when installing certain software about something being blocked from doing something to the system and you need to manually go into System Settings to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences, http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/premiere/pro/troubleshooter/trash-preferences.html/prepaidgiftbalance.com

By @kglad

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try the suggested solution from your link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip. I've tried that and also uninstalling and then reinstalling. No luck. Same message appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when uninstalling, did you also remove preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS uses checksums and digital signatures to ensure that applications haven't been corrupted or infected with malware. If you see this warning, the fix is typically to remove and reinstall that application to be certain that it is intact and all components are correctly installed.

Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and unfortunately, that didn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset preferences? Do you have antivirus software running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing that exact same thing. I have deleted preferences and uninstalled and re-installed premiere.  Still get the same error message and the program won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html to download and install an os compatible desktop cc app

use the desktop cc app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following all of these steps, I was able to open premiere pro (running Mac Os Silicon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same issue. For me the following steps worked:

1. Uninstall Pr and Media Encoder via Creative Cloud App

2. Remove these 2 folders/programms from finder (if still there)

3. Restart system

4. Install older version of Pr (different versions could be picked via the 3 dots next to the "install-button")

5. check if Pr is now running

6. if step 5 was successfull, update to newest version

Hope this works for you guys too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks a lot.
This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can run PP 2022 but not 2023. Have tried uninstalling everything and using the Adobce remove tools described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GFXD67,
I see your message and it sounds like the steps given earlier did not work for you. Is that right? If so, try the following. 

1. Open the Apple menu > System Settings.
  2. Select Privacy & Security > Developer Tools.
  3. Click the ( + ) button and navigate to the folder where the damaged app resides.
  4. Select the app and click Open.

Is that working for you? Please let us know. It could help others. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I didn't see this message in time and so cannot test it, but I did manage to solve the issue after seeing from a web search a page that said that the message doesn't mean the the app is actually damaged and could be a security issue.

So I went to Privacy & Security and I found there one of those messages you get when installing certain software about something being blocked from doing something to the system and you need to manually go into System Settings to allow it. (Either 'system extension blocked...' or '[app] was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer').

Either the message didn't appear when I first installed Premiere or it was hidden behind some other window (or perhaps hidden by Stage Manager in Ventura?), but either way I didn't see it. After now clicking on the option to allow whatever it was (and probably restarting my mac), Premiere 2023 is working again. So I could have done all this without any uninstall/reinstall process it seems. I certainly think that this guidance should be given  in troubleshooting FAQs if it isn't already, and if the error message was about Ventura thinking PP is not from an identified developer then that should be looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! This was the same for me. Install/uninstall didn't solve it, but there was a tiny alert within the Privacy & Security settings. Again, thank you for coming back to share this. 👍👍👍👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thanks for sharing @GFX5D67.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having same issue. Which section of Privacy & Security???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acabo de instalas Adobe Premiere en mi nueva Mac Mini Pro pero no abre, Ya probe a desinstalarlo y volverlo a instalar un par de veces pero no funciona

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.31.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephaniev4823882,

I got your message. I have heard about this problem and forgive me if I don't have this exactly right. Do you have BMD drivers installed? If so, they may be interfering with launch. Try this: uninstall Premiere Pro. Reinstall Premiere Pro. Then, try to launch Premiere Pro. If it launches, then reinstall the BMD drivers. I believe that this is the issue at hand. Is that working now? If not, we can try other troubleshooting techniques. Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install so many times but does not work, the beta version works but crashing when I import Sony FX30 4K 10 bits files, I can't work on premiere pro in my new Mac mini M2 Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acabo de adquirir mi nueva Mac mini pro con 32 GB de ram y 4TB de espacio, instale el Premiere pro y este no abre, instale la version beta y este si abrio pero se cierra cuando importo videos de la Sony FX30 en 4K a 10 bits, creo que es hora de migrar a Davinci Resolve, siento qie estoy tirando mi dinero con Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wrk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines