• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Bugs in 9.1

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing some bugs with audio in the newly released Premiere Pro 9.1.  The three issues I've seen so far are the last bit of audio being looped after a fade out, where there should be silence.  A Muted track exports with a very loud (0dBFS) noise instead of silence.  And a mono file in a standard track exports without any audio at all.

These issues are occurring on sequences created in an earlier version of PP.  I have not yet tested a new sequence created in 9.1.

The issues occur with H.264, H.265, UT and .wav exports.

Now here's the key.  The issues only occur when exporting through AME, with Import Sequences Natively unchecked.  If I perform a Direct export, no issues.  If I check the Import Sequences Natively box in AME preferences, no issues.

So that's what I have so far.  Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Seems the issues have been corrected in the latest 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim, for your comprehensive report, and I appreciate the extra sleuthing. We'll get to investigating these.

I suspect that the project conversion isn't the issue, but something in 9.1 itself. I'll certainly look at this myself, but if you happen to try a new project/sequence in 9.1 and find the same thing, please let me know. Thanks again.

Colin

Premiere Pro QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping the gets fix soon. I can no longer use batch export from PP to AME anymore as I have random clips destroyed with audio glitches like repeated loops at end or out of sync audio sections. Clients are complaining and I am spending many days ($$$$$) fixing these problems by babysitting in front of PP exporting for days. Losing lots of money here. Id there  a work mourned for batch exporting many hours of footage until adobe fixes this bug? Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim thank you for directing me to this post as you have seen I am having immense problems with encoding as related to my post Audio Looping and like you I have angry customers who I can't supply there videos. All this has happened since I upgraded to Adobe Premiere 9.1.0.(174) Build   2015.1 Release.

Colin we need action on this and fast it is affecting our businesses.

And this is not he first time after adopting a new release where I have run into problems going back around 10 months ago I had major problems with red flashes appearing on MXF files during editing, this went on for some time until Adobe finally came up with a fix. Since then all has been stable until 9.1 and now I am faced with this audio problem plus being unable to render from the time line with Unknown Error messages appearing. I have to go into AME and turn off Import sequences natively to even get a video encoded but still with the Audio Looping problem. The only way I have been able to limp through was to then create a new project import the rendered videos and manually cut out all of the offending audio under the texts clear all caches the re render to new versions.

I will be very nervous about any future upgrades based on the my experiences to date. Colin please see the bulk of my previous post. I am not sure how to link it so I will paste it into this.

Hi I am having a problem on exported files. On play back of the video files which have been rendered using the Adobe Media Encoder any area where both sound and vision go to black then text appears I now get a looping of the last syllable spoken by the talent while the text is on screen. On the time line of Premiere I cannot recreate the problem. I tried clearing out all caches but this did not help, I also experimented with turning off Cuda encoding but also to no avail.

I have never had a problem like this before and it seems to be happening since I updated to the latest Premiere CC.

For the record I have exported these same sequences on many occasions as the project was created in 2014. The only changes made to the project have been the alteration to text titles for the current re renders.

This is how I have set up my edits and it is a must camera edit.

I import the video files and create independent sequences for each camera, then create a new sequence called Multi Layout where I place each camera sequence on in a three way stack lining them all up to the pre planed synch points.

The camera containing the two tracks of audio which were recorded specifically for the final edit are placed on Video and Audio tracks 01.

I then create a new sequence naming it Multi edit where I now place the Multi layout into and the set the Muti Edit sequence to allow Multi Camera.

I then edit the sequence using the multi camera viewing windows ad tittles music etc then render.

Thank you. Regards, Cliff Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be very nervous about any future upgrades based on the my experiences to date.

That's good advice.  We get to use the software on two machines with our subscription.  You should always test new versions on a second machine before updating your primary work machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree but it should not be like this and as a one man band I don't have the luxury of spending time on testing a product I am paying for.

I understand the complexities of modern software and how easy it is for unintended consequences but my real beef with Adobe at the moment is not that these things happen but the support options on offer do not in any way help.

There is no way to start an email support ticket as this has been removed, the chat sessions are next to useless as the support person on the other end just recites rope answers and are unable to put you in touch with engineers who may be able to help, the same for phoning in. And this support forum, as good as it is for general problem solving it is still hard to be heard and know you have been heard by the engineers.

It is so frustrating when a major problem occurs with the software that affect our businesses to the point where we start losing customers and we can't get any real time support.

Earlier last year as I alluded to in a previous post I had so many problems regarding red flashes that began appearing in MXF video edits I nearly lost a very large customer and was getting no support for Adobe. In desperation I sent a snail mail letter to the CEO of Adobe and even though it took a couple of weeks to get to him I had an immediate response with an engineer contacting me in Australia from New York and after I allowed him to access my machine he was able to cobble together a short term solution until they could develop a patch that eventually came about a month later.

Why is it so hard to get good support.

Any way sorry about the rant I just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks. Regards, Cliff Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of things in life that "shouldn't be".  If you can change any of them, go for it.

I suspect this isn't one of them, so we may be stuck with "testing" new versions for a while.

On a positive note, I do believe Adobe used to offer a paid support option.  You might check if that's still available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what you are correct some times we just have to gin and bear it.

Thank you for the suggestion about paid support I did not realise that was available, i will look into it.

Regards, Cliff Elliott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at all of your source videos and look for a difference in digital formats... audio especially. I just had an issue with choosing the default 48 KHz for an AAC audio track for my export... and that was catastrophic in the silent portions of my video. I recognized a digital type of feedback... that I remembered, oh, like back in the early days of digital audio around the turn of the century.

Anyway, when I noticed the source video closest to the BUZZ was 44.1 KHz, I decided to try using that as the output audio... it worked perfectly. There is a bug in the conversion algorithm shared by PP and Media Encoder CC 2015 that doesn't deal with silence I guess.

I am not sure if you will have to export it and then do a rate conversion, but it worked for me with 44 KHz audio in the mp4.

...and YES this is a bug that I can confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A work around is to add audio to the blank spots and turn down the gain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uriamme & Peter I will look at both these ideas, i appreciate the suggestions. I just hope Adobe is listening and will fix theses bugs in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the bug.  I'm sure it will be corrected in the future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter_Elements wrote:

A work around is to add audio to the blank spots and turn down the gain.

That didn't work for me, not to mention it was very time consuming even in a 4 minute video. It was definitely fixed with a change in audio output freq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have run afoul of this bug and am sorta glad it's not just me.  The fix I've used is to use Audition to make a totally silent track of about 15 minutes in length, then import it into PPro, trimming it or extending it (with rate stretch) as needed.  I didn't try using PPro to directly export the sequence as shown above, because it's nice to have AME working in the background while I use PPro for something else. On the other hand, it's bad news when about a multi hour export is done to find a few seconds of the unwanted audio echo/looping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one workaround for the audio repeats at ends of clips:

1. Export the audio track out to WAV.
  2. Reimport new sub-mix file back into project & insert into a new audio track
  3. Disable the original clips (keep them in place for future changes)

It appears that the repeats come when there is no audio clip present.  Premiere is filling the void with something.  This workaround seems to remedy it by making sure there is some form of waveform present - even if it's silence.

This acts like the problem we use to have, when we had to put black on the video track, rather than leaving a gap on the timeline - to maintain consistent black levels.

I'm also seeing this same type of problem now with video dissolves.  When I create a fade up from black - If there is no black clip connected before the video clip, the crossfade won't work.  I've had to manually add a black clip before the video clip to get the dissolve.  It's as if a blank section of timeline adjacent to a video dissolve or audio fade, is disrupting the effect(s).

Adobe Tech, for what it's worth, look for what I'm calling "timeline voids" - absence of any content - that's causing the problems.

Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Export the audio track out to WAV.

That was a part of my original testing, and the .wav also exhibited the same problem.

had to put black on the video track, rather than leaving a gap on the timeline - to maintain consistent black levels.

In the decade plus I've been using Adobe software, I've never had that problem.  Dissolves work just fine without any black.  Exports work just fine with gaps, no black necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, these are bad audio regressions - Adobe, please make sure to have your test team validate these user cases for all future releases!

I just hit the same bug with blank audio at the end for a client.........I trusted that Adobe would do the right thing and render properly but it didn't and now I'm in an embarrassing situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hope Adobe are onto this and fix it soon as it is also affecting my business big time.

I have tried all of the suggestions here and they have not worked, the only way I can get the projects out the door is by the following convoluted process.

I export the sequences then import the rendered files and systematically cut out all the corrupted audio. Then empty all caches and export out to new versions of the files. It works but is a pain.

This maybe of some help to others with the same problem. In the meantime as an Apple user I have taken to learning FCPX to try and get some new projects out the door and have found to my surprise the combined use of FCPX with Compressor

are very powerful. If Adobe don't watch out they may be loosing me to the competition if they do not fix this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for workarounds: don't try to export the music in aiff! You will end up in mono! It only works with AAC and wav!! It's another bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add that the bug still exists in 9.2.

Thankfully, the same solution also still works.

(OK, what could possibly have triggered the need for moderation in the above two sentences?!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really disappointed in Adobe not addressing this huge problem. This bug is costing me $1000's each month..not cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is costing me $1000's each month

Dude, apply the fix!  It's a simple checkbox in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌the thing is: it won't always help! I tested it! (Win 8.1, 2015.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a real shame.  The rendering issues are the main reason I wanted (needed) to upgrade to 2015.2, but I was hoping that the audio issues were addressed.  There have been audio-related issues since CC 2014 for me and it seems I've been "working around" all of them.  So far I have not had major audio issues with CC 2015.2, but I'm working mostly with single-file mixdowns at the moment (not split tracks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio bug is a little different in CC 2015.2 in the way it's presenting itself.  More sounds like a digital buzz or hum at cut/transition points now.  I'm trying several workarounds, but after playing the same section over and over 4-5 times, it eventually "fixes" itself and no longer produces that same noisy sound (that is NOT present on footage or source audio).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines