• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Bugs in 9.1

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing some bugs with audio in the newly released Premiere Pro 9.1.  The three issues I've seen so far are the last bit of audio being looped after a fade out, where there should be silence.  A Muted track exports with a very loud (0dBFS) noise instead of silence.  And a mono file in a standard track exports without any audio at all.

These issues are occurring on sequences created in an earlier version of PP.  I have not yet tested a new sequence created in 9.1.

The issues occur with H.264, H.265, UT and .wav exports.

Now here's the key.  The issues only occur when exporting through AME, with Import Sequences Natively unchecked.  If I perform a Direct export, no issues.  If I check the Import Sequences Natively box in AME preferences, no issues.

So that's what I have so far.  Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Seems the issues have been corrected in the latest 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio bug is a little different in CC 2015.2 in the way it's presenting itself.  More sounds like a digital buzz or hum at cut/transition points now.

I'm inclined to think that may be a different bug.  I haven't yet seen that one at all on either of my two systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon wrote:

The audio bug is a little different in CC 2015.2 in the way it's presenting itself.  More sounds like a digital buzz or hum at cut/transition points now.

I'm inclined to think that may be a different bug.  I haven't yet seen that one at all on either of my two systems.

Likely is.

New thread has been started for this bug:

Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 Audio Issues (OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame we're heading into February and this STILL isn't fixed. Just makes me want to revert to CS6 and be DONE with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the AME bug has been fixed in the newest update or do i need to check the box still.  Over the past week i have exported 40 video files and have to redo them all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

... audio repeats in mute audio sections when rendering...

thanks for highlighting this...

I will try direct export and avoid media encoder.

clients are furious...

Peter Jones

Senior Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I never had this problem in 9.1 it has started in 9.2

It occurs when I copy and paste room tone into the audio timeline or simply extract from the audio track whilst the vision track is locked and remains contiguous. When I then render these sequences in Media Encoder 2015 I get the repeated audio glitches occurring in the render.

I have just found my Media Encoder was early 2015 version. although I was never prompted for an update

it is not always clear in Adobe Cloud menu bar which apps are up to to date as they just say 2015 version. If you look closely at each application information you can often find they have been updated a couple of times during the year without you knowing! In the UK we are now in February 2016 but the latest Media Encoder app says it is 2015 ... some time ago!

I have now updated to version 2015.2

I will check to see if fault persists...

Peter Jones

Senior Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to have fixed the problem... In future, I will always update ALL or not at all...

Peter Jones

Senior Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audio bugs for 2015.2 are in a new thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2078122

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a different issue than this one, beamer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere CC 2015.2 and also Adobe Media Encoder 2015.0.2

Still encountering the glitch when exporting trough AME.

So no bug fixed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware that the bug still exists.  It should be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Yep just updated to the latest version, hung back for as long as i could! Thanks for all the suggestions. I've found the easiest solution is to generate a long blank audio track then add this to a new audio track just before outputing, duplicate if necessary to get the same duration as sequence,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, unchecking the native sequence option does NOT fix the problem for me, unfortunately.

I have the repeated-audio bug, not the buzz-and-noise bug. Using AME 9.2 (2015.2) under OS 10.10, when there is a gap in the audio in my Premiere Pro 2015.2 timeline, AME likes to fill it in with a snippet of adjacent audio. So I get a lot of repeated dialog and the such. Happens on two different computers, even after re-installs. Happens with h.264 wrapped as .mp4 or ProRes wrapped as a QuickTime.mov. 100% repeatable.

If I render the same timeline out of Premiere, it's fine - no stuttered audio.

I have 38 sequences to render, so having to wait for one to finish before starting the next one to render is a HUGE productivity killer - I have to baby-sit the machine for several hours, rather than being able to queue up and render in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues on a 34 minute video export with Media Encoder and am getting audio that repeats itself where there are breaks. I tried exporting the audio alone and it didn't make a difference. To add insult to injury, Adobe locks you into upgrading your project with the newest version without the option to go back to the version that works correctly once you've committed your project to it.

I'm going to try exporting directly from Premiere Pro but as was earlier mentioned, it doesn't do much for the workflow.

Completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFS.  It's like Groundhog day with Adobe.  We've been getting hammered on After Effects with basic workflow bugs, and here we are again with Premiere.

It's almost as if these bugs are designed to kill your workflow, your weekends, and your bottom line.

The conclusion is that they don't bother too much about testing OR that Adobe is happy to ship releases with bugs affecting integral functions.  Spend less on your 'marketing insight' communications and more on your products, please, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still hitting this very annoying bug as well - Adobe, any word on if this will be fixed for the upcoming spring update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just burned me, on a quick turn location gig. It made for several more hours of work and several fewer hours of sleep. I guess I should have read the boards before updating.  Thought I had learned this lesson already.

Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates one when this will be fixed? Is it possible downgrade to an earlier version of AME and Premiere and get my working version back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in post 24 of another thread (linked below), the easiest workaround until we get a fix is to put an audio slug underneath everything (or wherever there's silence). I've been able to use any audio file, put it on it's own track, and drop the track's volume all the way down to silent.  Doing so renders out everything without any unwanted audio loops.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2048147#expires_in=86399990&token_type=bearer&access_token=eyJhbGciO...

This is definitely the most bizarre bug I've ever seen.  Thanks to everyone who took the effort to identify the scenarios that cause it.  I wasn't experiencing the problem until I was previewing in After Effects (using dynamic link), so I didn't realize that it was due to Premiere, since previewing in Premiere seemed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think the easiest solution is to check that box in AME preferences.  It solves the problem and doesn't require any thought or effort on your part once checked.  It just works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check what box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the original post dax,

Jim wrote:

If I check the Import Sequences Natively box in AME preferences, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me.  I have to use a silent audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me as well - I've been doing the "silent audio track" trick for awhile now and it's an annoying unnecessary step which I really hope is finally fixed when the next big update drops.  This should have been fixed months ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines