• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Popping in CC 2015?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi BSBeamer, and others on the thread,

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Yes, I'm seeing this here on the forum and on social networks. I'll flag the issue and get a bug written up. You can do the same here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting the wav didn't work for me.

I ended up duplicating the raw file, importing the duplicate file and using it to replace the existing clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you render before you exported? I have found if my timeline isn't rendered, the pops remain when I export the wav.

Media Encoder will also eliminate the pops, but can introduce other issues in to your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking it out. Checking all the track solo works so well for me that I was hoping that it was universal. I'm on a PC... Not sure if that's the difference or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. I have no doubt that makes a difference. I'm glad this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try exporting after marking all of the tracks I needed as solo unfortunately however I still had pops in my export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wav export didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well and have filed a bug about it. Hope Adobe fixes this soon and provides a workaround in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact description! It happens to me too all the time on CC 9.0.0, iMac 27" mid 2011 OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only workaround is playing the entire sequence down right before export. You will hear the pops, but it won't show in the export. Just make sure to export after it ends and don't playback or make any other changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating! That solution has not worked for me. Are you on a mac or pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have found this in Prem Pro CC2015 but never noticed it before in previous versions.

So far have only found this problem when directly exporting from Premiere Pro. Importing the sequence into Adobe Media Encoder and exporting eliminated the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jakeycboyo wrote:

I Have found this in Prem Pro CC2015 but never noticed it before in previous versions.

So far have only found this problem when directly exporting from Premiere Pro. Importing the sequence into Adobe Media Encoder and exporting eliminated the issue for me.

Which version of PPro and AME CC 2015 are you using?  Mac or PC?  Specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no reply from Adobe on here?  This is a MAJOR problem that was non-existent in every previous iteration of premiere that I've used, and because it's an output issue as well as a playback issue, it is costing us a lot of time.  Come on, guys, you're better than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, solo-ing all the tracks does not fix it. nMP running 10.10.3. I've tried io buffer settings, changing sample rate, different interfaces, still clicks and pops at random. Please fix this Adobe! It is absolutely embarrassing in front of clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solo does not work as a true solution on Mac OSX 10.10.3.  It IMPROVES the results.  However, the mute/solo bug does come into play here as well and the software needs to be restarted to workaround that...

I've been exporting mixdowns as 24-bit AIFF on Mac and been having luck as a workaround.  Possibly try that rather than .WAV if you're continuing to have issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Side note, if you use AE; the audio previews are messed up now too.

Seems like Adobe screwed up their audio drivers across the board. When can we expect a fix AdobeTechnicalSupport‌ Will I be receiving a partial refund since my no longer work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tell you right now, you'll need to contact someone at Adobe customer support directly to deal with refunds.  My understanding is that they are NOT issuing any refunds since the CC 2014 versions of products are included as part of the Creative Cloud subscription - and those "work fine" without these issues.  If you have better luck, or receive a different explanation, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted them on chat and twitter (that question was geared towards them, not you). I'm waiting for them to call me back. The last time they said they would call back they never did.

They are unprofessional and these major flaws in their coding is inexcusable!

I'll let you know when I have an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems with pops. The pops that I am experience are painful pops and they occur when starting playback. They are made more severe when I use track level audio plugins. The pops are short and very loud and leave me stunned for an hour or so. This is no way to edit.

PP CC 2014.2

iMac Retina 5k

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5

16GB Ram

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Until they fix, try playing down your entire sequence before export. Let the pops play out. When you export, there's a chance you wont hear them. Try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work that way, @Maazer.

@Somervilleunion export an audio file, re-import, then export the final movie with the mixdown OR use adobe media encoder to export.

I agree, the pops freakin' hurt the ears!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 is a Professional program used by Professionals. What you got is a Professional program that works just as expected for Professional. What are you complaining about? Your audio is popping? Clean Audio is not a Professional Feature. Just ridiculous Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Customer support only offered "Wait for next update." They estimate within the next two weeks we should see something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some were originally told by the end of July to see a 2015.1 update.  Maybe the update will also be addressing several of the other issues and be slightly delayed from the original target?  Some transparency with actual expected timelines would go a long way to help properly schedule for the professional paid users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more! I've also been waiting over a week for a call back from the folks at Adobe. What a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines