• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave to Creative Cloud

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add autosave to Creative Cloud 2014, get an error message when checking the box on preferences Auto Save - "Savie backup project to Creative Cloud."

Error message:

"Saving backup projects to Creative Cloud requires a Creative Cloud Files directory. Please install the Creative Cloud desktop application on your computer to enable this feature."

Choice to use Creative Cloud then greys out.

However,  I do in fact have Creative Cloud installed on computer and do in fact have a Creative Cloud Files directory.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

[Please choose only a short description for the thread title.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

The workaround of creating a folder for each project in my Creative Cloud Files folder, then using that folder as the autosave folder for the project I'm working on, is currently working for me.  It would be nice if they could get the integrated CC autosave fixed once and for all, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter_Elements wrote:

Same issue. After the message the option is greyed-out. I used a custom location for my folder, running Windows 8.1.

You used a custom location for which folder? CC Files or your local 'Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save' for 8.0?

In either case, can you provide a sample of the path you set it to? (e.g. please list the path here, but you can make private details look generic if needed… I just need an idea of where you're syncing to/from). Also, which method(s) did you use to modify the location(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro and Creative Cloud (with file syncing) installed on both my Win 8.1 desktop and my MacBook Air.

On the MacBook Air, I was able to get Auto Save to Creative Cloud working with no trouble, all as expected, following the simple directions, and it is successfully copies to CC.

On the Win 8.1 machine, continue to have the issue as described in the original post of this thread. CC file syncing otherwise works as expected (and in fact I quickly see the saves from the MacBook Air reflected in the CC desktop files on the Win 8.1 machine).

I hope this information is helpful,

James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Like everyone here, I have installed the app and use the CC sync to upload/download files all the time... but for some reason PP refuses to find it. 

Any solutions?  Or is it just a bug and we have to keep our fingers crossed for the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have precisely the same issue, FYI.

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it does work. W8.

Set scratch disk Auto Save to the directory as stated in the CCapp.

I think the checkbox in the Preferences does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I have the Creative Cloud Desktop App installed and syncing files, but if I try to check the box in the Auto Save preferences in Premiere it gives me the same error.  I guess I'll do Ann's suggestion to set the Auto Save directory to the Creative Cloud Files folder until this issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that for a time - simply had the autosave made to a folder withing the CC folder - but it would occasionally hang up on saves of big projects, if there was any latency at all in the Internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I did change the location of the shared directory through the desktop app. All files there sync correctly. I get the same error message as above when I try to check the box. Using Win 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am also having this issue, and have followed all if the steps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see the string:

"Saving backup projects to Creative Cloud requires a Creative Cloud Files directory. Please install the Creative Cloud desktop application on your computer to enable this feature."

and then the 'auto save backup' option does not get checked, that's usually because file syncing is not enabled in the CC desktop app, or you're not logged into the cc app at all. So that's the first thing to check. There are case where pressing 'Start Syncing' does not turn ON syncing in the CC App, and I'm looking into why/when that happens now and will log a bug as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, like me, you were having a problem turning on syncing at all from the CC app, this is a known bug effecting a small number of users. A help article exists; but, the short of it is:

Workaround provided to customers

MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

3. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

WINDOWS

2. Open the Start menu, and type 'cmd' in the search box, then enter to start a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste this command at the command prompt:

del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix

4. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

I realize that won't fix everyone's problems, but it did mine, and hopefully will others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jstrawn wrote:

If, like me, you were having a problem turning on syncing at all from the CC app, this is a known bug effecting a small number of users. A help article exists; but, the short of it is:

Workaround provided to customers

MAC

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

3. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

WINDOWS

2. Open the Start menu, and type 'cmd' in the search box, then enter to start a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste this command at the command prompt:

del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix

4. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

I realize that won't fix everyone's problems, but it did mine, and hopefully will others.

That absolutely does nothing to solve the problem.  The bug remains totally unfixable until Adobe takes (overdue) action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem is still happening in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Moved my creative cloud directory off my SSD since there was no need for it to be there and since then Premiere Pro won't autosave anymore. I have After Effects' autosave set to my creative cloud directory off the HDD, but it's so odd to me that ppro doesn't allow you to choose a custom directory. Blows my mind! Please, Adobe, fix this issue, by either allowing PPro to manually set an autosave location or to follow CC's new directory!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the location for autosave here:

File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks tab > Project auto save pulldown/browse

Also you can save a backup copy of your project to your Creative Cloud files by checking on that option in Preferences > Auto Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need an updated solution for 2015!

What I don't understand is... when the error message pops up, why doesn't the program offer any solutions? Sure beats coming here and bothering support for information that the product should just provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I just change default folder in Cloud aplication settings to another location, open Adobe Premiere, and then let me activate the option. Hope works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same issue. I moved the directory back to its default location and re-started PP - same problemCCApp01.jpgPP_Err01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same issue

maybe its time to go back to avid. ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that this is now working in the 2015 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen the error yet myself in 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is officially happening now in the 2015 version with todays update. I spent half the day on chat with support and they could not fix it. I have even reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App twice using the Adobe Cleaner Tool, and Premiere Pro 2015 once. I have restarted my computer, Premiere Pro, tried moving CC folder location... nothing works. I was told to reinstall everything Adobe but that I would lose all of my preferences. I really just feel like this is a bug that someone needs to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe the fault is the PP update, because I still have the base 2015 installed where the feature was working.  However, after updating the CC desktop app that came out at the same time as the PP update, this feature is broken again.

So I think the CC app is the cause here, not PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Auto save to CC was working fine before update, now not functioning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad Andreafuredy posted.

I have the same issue and it just showed up today.  Looks like files are auto-saving on computer but not on the cloud?  I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines