• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change my renderer and playback settings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after the Premiere Pro update for 2023, I ran into the problem of changing the rendering. I need to do the work and adapt it. Previously, I always chose Software Only, but now I can't choose the right type of render. My operating system ( MacBook pro 14 m2 pro, macOS Sonoma 14.1 )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

HI @DmitryRA,

There is no Software Only mode in the Renderer any longer with the new Mac hardware. It's locked on "Metal." Software Only was available via Rosetta in the last version, but you can no longer use it in v.24.0. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it means ? I cant undestand you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you posted in the wrong forum and i moved your post to the correct one.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/can-t-change-my-renderer-and-playback-settin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Why you moved my questions or delete. I can’t understand. I just need a help with ADOBE PREMIERE PRO 23.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, i moved your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @DmitryRA,

There is no Software Only mode in the Renderer any longer with the new Mac hardware. It's locked on "Metal." Software Only was available via Rosetta in the last version, but you can no longer use it in v.24.0. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 
“There is no Software Only mode in the Renderer any longer with the new Mac hardware. … you can no longer use it in v.24.0..”

Kevin,

This is not true according to Adobe documentation. The current knowledge base directs users to “choose “Mercury Playback Engine Software Only” as part of the guide to "fix common export errors".

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are also incorrect. All Apple Silicon-native versions of Premiere Pro are permanently locked to the Metal GPU rendering mode. And starting with version 24.0, you will not be able to run Premiere Pro in Rosetta emulation mode at all. Hence Kevin's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rj, etc.

"You are also incorrect. All Apple Silicon-native versions of Premiere Pro are permanently locked to the Metal GPU"

I think what you mean is that the Adobe documentation is incorrect.

What I have stated is correct - the documentation directs users to to “choose “Mercury Playback Engine Software Only” as part of the guide to "fix common export errors".

I was trying to draw the attention of the appropriate people and get this addressed in the doucmentation.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you mean is that the Adobe documentation is incorrect.

That documentation is only incorrect with regards to the Apple Silicon versions of Premiere Pro. It is still correct for Intel Mac versions and Windows versions of Premiere Pro. And as I stated above, there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to install or run the Intel Mac version of Premiere Pro 24.x on any Apple Silicon Mac. Version 23.6.2 was the last Intel Mac version of Premiere Pro that can still be opened on an Apple Silicon Mac in Rosetta emulation mode.

On the other hand, if there were absolutely no software-only rendering mode on a Windows version of Premiere Pro, then that program would not have even opened or run at all with an unsupported or obsolete GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Step 3 in that document needs an exception for Apple Silicon Macs. I submitted the request for a documentation fix today.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

This change almost destroy an entire delivery Im working.

I had to change an entire workflow and the hardware to work with.

Why was this changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @agus.svarz,

I apologize for the problem in your workflow. That sounds painful. Alterations in development were necessary because of Apple Silicon architecture. My take is that the code might be tough to maintain, not enough people are using the feature, the hardware is no longer compatible, or all three. Very sorry about that.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>There is no Software Only mode in the Renderer any longer with the new Mac hardware.

This is not true because any effect without GPU interface support switches entire pipeline into software mode. So if you really need software mode for your project you can add some software effect, set "zero" settings to not affect your clip and continue to work. But you need to keep in mind that some premiere importers have bugs in software mode. So grayed renderer option is not a software limitation but just a decision and a bad one....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines