• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-reloc...

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw and you can see what's changing inside and , also the timecode changes from 01:43:25:03 to 01:43:31:16000

Please investigate and fix this issue it is very annoying and preventing users to edit in good conditions with Premiere Pro it is quite urgent

Thanks,
Antoine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @autokroma,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Is this issue still hitting you? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE 100% RESOLVED THIS ISSUE FOR WINDOWS!

You need to change the hard drive path letter using Disk Management (Windows key + R, then diskmgmt.msc). You right click the hard drive then hit Change Drive Letter and Paths, then experiment with different drive letters. This will not change anything on your hard drive or delete any files. Drive letter (D:) worked for me. The issue is 100% related to the original drive letter you were editing with. Once you change it to another computer, the Drive letter changes. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elsie this will only work if the file structure is 100% the same between disk drives you are changing.

If you moved the folder to another place you'll need to use our relocation tool in BRAW Studio

https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/

We just updated it with new improvements and bug fixes by the way (2.1.2 - 22 July 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this ADOBE! Each project is always moving between harddisks and I got the same problem now. Endless hours of work risked because of this bug. How dare you?! 😞
Fix it! Anyway more and more pro editors are moving to Davinci because of your constant bugs. I like to work with Premiere, but those endless problems and crashes made me starting to work with Resolve and New Projects will be edited there. I am with Adobe since the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAW is not yet an Adobe supported format, so there are bound to be anomalies with a third party plug-in. It seems like this is not being factored in. I would see if this feature might be working better in a beta version. Could you try that?

True, this can happen with other formats, but it usually occurs by not ingesting footage via the Media Browser. All card based media needs to be ingested there to make sure all the metadata from the original folder structure gets carried over. If you are ingesting media properly via Media Browser, the format is supported, or the format is not card based, then file a new bug which includes that particular format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAW is not yet an Adobe supported format, so there might be anomalies with a third party plug-in. It seems like this is not being factored in. I would see if this feature might be working better in a beta version. Could you try that? You can also try the Autokroma plug-in, which has better support.

True, this can happen with other formats, but it usually occurs by not ingesting footage via the Media Browser. All card based media needs to be ingested there to make sure all the metadata from the original folder structure gets carried over. If you are ingesting media properly via Media Browser, the format is supported, or the format is not card based, then file a new bug which includes that particular format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious that using our plugin doesn't solve this issue since we keep talking about it and writing articles about it; Moreover BRAW is not officially supported but if Adobe let importers decide on the timecode there would be no timecode bug (anyway the BRAW timecode bug has been fixed recently in PrPro 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for now the solution keeps being : using our Relocation tool in BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel.

More info here https://www.autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinkin...

And download here https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this bug, it's super annoying in my current workflow working with multiple editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue as all my clips now have been reverted to the very beginning over and over and over. Please please please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please FIX THIS BUG! I had to work after several days and lost lots of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news on this??? its kind of a dealbreaker, if you need to change something in a project that has been archived on an external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you tell us https://www.autokroma.com/contact/
if this happens with other footages than .braw

It would help find the bug for Adobe devs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had such a problem. All clips on the timeline have moved to the beginning in the timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for me.

Adobe, what the heck am I paying you $60 a month for, if not to solve this ****?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just happaned to us, we have two computers, and I copied the file to the 2nd computer so the 2nd editor can go over and review it and everything is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still persists and it's driving me crazy.
I'm currently working on four edits inside a Premiere project. Suddenly the footage I edited a week ago is all messed up, while my older edits work just fine. All of the footage is in the same folder since day 1, I made no changes to the letter of the drive (working on Windows here) and I only work on one computer. The work of one day - just gone. Puff.

This makes no sense.

dihafkdhfsdkfsgshgäksdgksdg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always make backup of your project to be sure you don't erase data and "corrupt" your projects with the time shift. Then use our Relocation Tool from BRAW Studio Panel to fix the ORIGINAL project : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinkin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest Premiere and I'm still having this issue. Premiere is a farse. Time to learn Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the BRAW plugin and it fixed it. Crazy lucky maybe but make sure you don't make my dumb mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean Coco James ? The bug doesn't get magically fixed you need to use BRAW Studio Relocation tool in the Toolbax tab of the BRAW Studio Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Relocation Tool isn't working for me. My issue occurred exclusively with BRAW footage after updating the Autokroma BRAW Studio. Prior to update, all BRAW footage would divide audio from video by a full hour, make audio unreadable and I'd have to make the footage offline, relink to footage source, then unlink audio and video from eachother and drag the audio back up to match.

Upon updating and reopening a project, now all my BRAW footage is unlinked (i.e. appearing red and media offline) and upon relinking to the file with the same exact pathway, all of my clips reappear but starting with frame 1, completely messing up my timeline.

Trying the relocation tool works to relocate offline media, but this footage isn't identified as offline until I actually open the project, therefore, it's no help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Maybe you have a different issue here; Did you move the footage's location ? The issue shouldn't happen if you don't move your files or your project, so maybe you have something else; The best is to contact us on our website
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use external drives (I thought everyone did?) So this bug is making me want to switch apps. I am working on 5 projects at once and it's corrupted them all. I am a one man band so I don't have the time/skill to create a custom work around efficiently. It has cost me days. Nightmare. I have autokroma but once the damage is done. . . it seems their patch solution doesn't do anything anymore? is that right? I tried it and had no luck, anyway. Just here to calm down before going back and recutting an entire piece for the fourth time. This will cost me deadlines and money. To clarify - I've used Adobe for years. This bug IS bad enough for a permanent divorce. I have $12000 dollars of incompatible equipment from BMD so they'll win in a "who's fault is this?" contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Could you remove the email address from your comment ? We don't want robot to spam our email address. You can simply put this URL to contact us https://www.autokroma.com/contact Thanks !

Daniel, we are releasing a new version today with an automatic tool. But you're right, once the shift (the damage) is done... there's nothing to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines