• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[CS6] DV - Bad output quality

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with DV output quality in Premiere CS6 6.0.1.

Nonrendered  and rendered video looks the same on external monitor - blurish.

- Mercury Software only

- DV PAL sequence

- DV AVI video + Premiere title

There is also bigger delay than with CS5.5 with outputing through firewire. It takes about a second to update image on external monitor after clicking on different part of the timeline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. Is this thread bascially saying that on DV export everyone is getting a soft image, thats got interlaced problems when viewed on a HDTV?

I get no problems when viewed on an interlaced monitor from tape, but if that tape is played to a HDTV, I see softness and jagged lines around all straight edges.

I'm going to try come up with a fix, i'm thinking exporting out as a Pro Res, and then converting to DV Pal and printing to tape from FCP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the output of DV video via firewire that is broken (the interlaced fields get reversed resulting in flickering poor quality video).

Also for some reason you have to always tell premiere to output full quality (and enable interlaced video) which affects both the firewire output and the timeline monitors otherwise you only get crappy soft de-interlaced video on both.

This gets really old, really fast having to always click on the full quality button just to be able to see what the video really looks like (every time you open a project or even just switch sequences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I don't like CS6, and I'm not planning to use Creative Cloud, CS 5.5 may be my last version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I output to DV Pal on tape via FireWire, and I've never experienced this issue with the full quality button? I can view the sequence always via the FireWire feed to the deck and then to a tv via component.

My only issue is premiere does a terrible job at making DV Pal files. I get much better looking files if I export as a pro res and run through apple compressor to convert to DV pal. It doesn't matter then if I print to tape via premiere or fcp I get the same quality. So it's definitely the way premiere and even AME  renders DV pal files.

Thankfully to avoid this lengthy set of steps I've managed to move my systems on from horrible tape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that bugs reported in this thread, except video quality issue, are not fixed even in Pr CC?

And Pr 5.5 has all this working perfectly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the video problem has been fixed in Pr CC???

If this is true then that really ***** me off, what’s the point of buying CS6 outright only for Adobe to update creative cloud just afterwards and add lots of new features/updates and completely abandon CS6, I personally didn’t want the subscription service (mainly because if you stop your subscription you would most likely lose your ability to access the projects created with it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is in and it is currently in the engineers hand. I wish I had more information but all I know is that the bug is currently set to fix. I have to ask for patience I know it has been a major inconvenience but we have to look at the engineer's perspective and the massive amount of work on their plates. I could continue to ask the engineers to get the issue fixed but I really think that would be counter productive. I know that this has not been solved at the ideal pace but we really have to be patient. As I said the bug has been set to fix and as soon as i get one note about it I will come back to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FP,

please ask them to give us back "Set Gain To" as default active field in "Audio Gain" window.

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution yet ... I had to shift back to Adobe 5.5 whats the progess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines