• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExporterQuicktimehost.prm - Loading Hangup

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low on the internet, through Adobe's help system (which is not even remotely helpful), and waited for literally HOURS on hold with "tech support", (which again, is not even remotely supporting), for this issue with the start up of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

I was having absolutely no problems with this whatsoever until out of nowhere, it stopped loading properly.  It takes at least five minutes to load and I have the same problem with After Effects --- in Premiere, it freezes at "'loading exporterquicktimehost.prm" and in After Effects it freezes at "Initializing MediaCore".

I have seen hundreds of posts all over the internet from many others who have had this issue --- I have tried restarting, I have tried turning off my firewall, and everything else I know to do but STILL this issue has not even been remotely addressed.

Can someone kindly help out?  This is ridiculously agitating when $1,600 worth of software all of a sudden stops working and Adobe seems to not even have the staff to address issues when they come up.

There are people on other posts on here who have said that their issue was solved by messing with firewall settings but again, I have tried that and it did not do anything.

I have tried renaming the files ExporterQuicktimehost.prm as well as ImporterQuicktime.prm and the program loads fine --- so it seems like something is wrong with the Quicktime/Adobe integration but again, this is not something that has been a problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

See the suggestions here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

That was written for After Effects, but the same suggestions apply to Premiere Pro, too.

See also this potential solution: Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for a short while.  And now when I tried to import something that wasn't even proros. it froze up on me.  This was done with a blackmagic cenima camera.  There is not a damn thing wrong with my footage. Your company needs to fix this quicktime problem. I am going to be looking for a different program to edit this on.  It is a shame too. Because the footage will be looking amazing after I make coloring adjustments.   And then it freezes up on me. Forces me to to do control alt delete. And then wont't let me start it again until after I have rebooted my computer.  I don't have the time to waste that this program bug has cost me. You have had people trying to ge this to work right since 2011.  Thanks for nothing Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your company needs to fix this quicktime problem.

You indicate that you have AVG security software installed. The advice from support is to disable or uninstall it. It appears that you have done so, so you should be clear of the issue.

This is a very recent issue, so, sorry that there is no current info on how to fix or workaround the issue. We are working on new KB documentation to assist others hitting this issue. In the mean time, this doc may assist those users: Uninstall AVG software | AVG

A common cause of QuickTime failure in Adobe video applications is related to security software blocking ports. See this document for details: troubleshooting QuickTime errors with After Effects CS5, CS5.5, CS6, and CC | After Effects region o..., most notably this section: blockage of TCP communication with QuickTime

Glad you seem to be back on track.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Kevin, this post appears to span back from 2011. It is hardly a recent issue. it mighr be somethi that AVG has to change about there software...but I'm concern that I might have something else going oN because one minute Adobe working and then the next minute it stops playing back my timeline and It won't let me exit out properly I have to use control alt delete. And then when I try to resist Adobe that is when it freezes up on the exporter QuickTimehost.prm.  I either have to reboot my or go into task manager and stop one of the background Adobe programs from running and only then does it let me back into premierE.  I am getting ready to see if completely uninstalling AVG, helps.  i had a free version with no firewall. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EvieW,

Kevin, this post appears to span back from 2011.

The error is not new, for sure. However, a number of issues can trigger it. Have you read the blog by my colleague I linked to earlier? It gives cues as to potential issues with QuickTime and related processes. In general, security software can cause QuickTime issues and should be one of the first areas to troubleshoot.

People have a variety of hardware and software setups, so there may be pitfalls that can occur according to your software.

I am getting ready to see if completely uninstalling AVG, helps.  i had a free version with no firewall. .

Actually, that is what my support team is recommending. I am in the process of creating an official troubleshooting document. Thanks for all your info and providing us feedback for this truly frustrating problem. I am a former editor so I am privy to this sort of problem occurring, as they can come out of the blue.

I truly apologize for any time lost in troubleshooting this issue. If there's anything more I can do for you, please PM me.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌iI've pm you'd. Undstalling the program didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  Will you send us a link to your final document?

Cheers,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan‌ The problem is Quicktime and Apple--two products produced by folk that can't get it together to integrate with the rest of the world. I see you worked for them and had the sense to get into the real world. I had Apple stuff in my past and am well relieved to have that behind me. About the only thing I can see that they really got right was iTunes which I do actually miss on my Android phone... But that Apple is so proprietary makes it hard for a company like AVG to actually adjust to allow for Apple nonsense. Just MO and no one has to agree...

Cheers,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of AVG Free has cured the problem. Uninstall AVG Free and reinstall latest version.

It seems they listened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.7.7 is not apparently always as stable as you think. But as I told you on the facebook moving to adobe premiere page,  I don't want your help b/c you were being condescending it about which is why you are blocked.  I want you to find someone to help me and fix this Otherwise I need to know a different editing software that I can use with my blackmagic cinema prores footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got it to work again but the cost was immense, it took 8-hours!!!

So exactly the same error as everybody else here, the 'quicktime loader freeze' made me do some fairly drastic stuff and hoepfully you won't haveto now.

First, I thought it could be a plugin error so deleted everything, neat video etc etc, then tried uninstalling Premiere Pro and reinstalling about 4 times and ditched my preferences.

Then tried deleting and uninstalling every skerrick of Adobe. It took some time and some reading put I purged everything, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, After Effects, Bridge, PDF reader etc, app data, the lot... goodbye Adobe - nope.

So perhaps it was my graphics driver? Install the new driver - nope

So perhaps it was Windows 7 - Install Windows 10, perhaps that would resolve the problem? Nope

So then uninstall/reinstall Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro again but still I had the same problem!

So then let's try Quicktime, uninstall and hunt down everything and deleted it - nope not yet...

Now to tackle the worst virus software on the market, AVG, seriously this programis so pushy, always asking for an upgrade, huge problems in the past with integration with Outlook etc.

It took a whole lot of work, and had to disable it from start-up and wipe everything (this is really hard because it defends itself from being deleted) and restart the computer while hunting down all AVG files off my C drive and then...

BINGO, problem resolved.

Now just to spend another few hours reinstalling the Adobe suite and all my preferences and plugins etc, hunting down licences etc etc. WHAT A PAIN!

SO AVG - goodbye - and hopefully smooth sailing from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow BMedia‌ that was a long way around the world... But hopefully sorted now... Feel your pain as I am moving from one computer to another and to find it locked the same way on both and desperate to use PPro on the video stuff I do each week was a nightmare... But thankfully it was a simple fix of disabling LinkScanner for me. I've also never had any trouble un-installing AVG, I've done so several times in and out to try other programs. But I keep coming back as it is the easiest for me to use. I like AVAST as well for a freebie, but the latest edition of it had a few things I wasn't impressed with so came back to AVG again only to have this glitch pop up... Och aye...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurs when you install K-Lite Codec Pack. Solution - remove the codec, and everything will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dropping in a year later to say I also get hangups on ImporterQuickTime.prm and killing the program and reopening it is the only way to make it work. I use Windows 7 and just uninstalled AVG but I still get the hangup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not facing this trouble anymore or you moved to a new software, you don't need to read this anymore, but if you're

still facing this annoying problem, I have a suggestion.

My only solution for this problem when I faced it was I found a system restore file prior to exporterquicktimehost hangup,

after that, my problem was solved and my future accomplishments for my projects will remain on a good note, hope it helps if you're

still stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines