• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage being flipped and scaled during export

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe premiere 2018 is rotating and scaling one of my clips during export. It won't let me fix it. No matter what I do to the clip, after export it's rotated and scaled stupidly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, the footage "as-imported" to the timeline looks just fine when previewing the timeline? It's only when exported (presumably in context with other clips) that it rotates and acts weird?

Can you provide some screen shots/examples?

Are you doing anything like "scale to frame size" or "set to frame size" when those clips are placed on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the post from my phone and it wouldnt let me attach anything... so now I'm at the desktop, let's see if this works...

I completely removed all the effects from the footage and it was still having the problem. It also seems like every time I export the video it's a different few clips that are getting jacked up.

Examples -

This is the clip referenced in the screenshots. Every shot should be right side up.

Vlogging with the GoPro Hero 7 Black - Adobe Premiere Messed Up - YouTube

This is the exact same export, only different clips are jacked up

Vlogging with the GoPro Hero 7 Black - still messed up - YouTube

46747944_375047956599080_4239642958971797504_n.jpg46800187_2204779339791153_2104987837119070208_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll be a bit, but here's a screen capture of adobe being dumb... I recently had to downgrade from 2019 to 2018 because 2019 won't stay running on ANY of the editing computers I have ... which is 4 of them. 2019 crashes every minute or so.... but that's an entire other problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a look at the Youtube vids and all I see is that the clips change orientation when the camera does.

Premiere isn't flipping the clips randomly. I have never seen PP change an orientation on export. Not once in 10 years

R Neil Haugen​ Rick Gerard​ Kevin-Monahan​ Have you guys seen anything like this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible and end user created problem? I screen capped premiere doing this in the application - What the hell Adobe Premiere - YouTube

There are no effects and as you can see in the video I literally reset everything and when I render / replace the footage it does it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Pixel Aspect Ratio on Export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever adobe defaults it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a project yesterday with a fair bit of ingested UHD mp4 files, left it "cooking" while I was getting ready to leave shop for the night. A couple of the thumbs it had created in the bin were upside down, but I didn't stick around to see if that was the final look for them or just initial, it hadn't finished making thumb-views for half of them when I left.

So ... I'll see in a couple hours when I get there if they're still upside down.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, at some point Windows 'flipped' the video orientation. It's a folder I've used before for a couple different projects without issue, but this time something like 11 of 90 or so video clips were flipped. And show that way in other players.

So ... not an issue with PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case, how do you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the media is flipped outside of PrPro in its folder,  then here's what you do.

Go to PrPro's Assembly space probably. You will need the Project panel with the bin open, and in thumbnails view is handy. Select your clips that need flipping.

You also need the Effects panel open in another pane. In the Video effects there is the Transform section. Drag/drop the Flip Vertical effect onto your selected clips in the bin.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried that, it didn't work. They were still flipped / scaled / cropped during export. It's also doing this to random clips now, not just the shots that needed to be rotated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any resolution for this problem? I am facing the same issue. I have 3 frames that when exported are flipped vertically. No other clips are affected and cannot figure out how to get these few clips to export properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo why the hell am I paying for a cumbersome software that is doing this to my final projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is bizarre behavior that affects only a "relatively" few users, of the several hundred thousand a day or so that use PrPro. I've not had it, but ... please give some details of your system, your effects used, and the media where this happens.

Basic troubleshooting starts with figuring out the details of when something happens. You gotta know those details.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've exported a clip in original resolution, then changed the resolution down from 5120x2700 to 1280x720 and the clip got exported upside-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines