• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create text files that stay across whole project, not just sequences? (like LEGACY TITLES)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I have a quick question here for the pros / smarter ones. Let me give you context:

I make a TON of short ads on a weekly basis, 1 ad is in 3 formats, usually 1:1, 4:5 and 9:16. The ads always contain subtitles.  I then translate the original English AD to 6-10 more languages.

My workflow:

I create the ENGLISH version first: Create subtitles & captions using the AI tools,  upgrade caption to graphic then apply a nice lil bump effect to all graphics so the text has a little animation on appearance.

The unproductive part is:

When it's time to translate the subtitles into another language and I do it bit by bit (usually line by line) I have to either do it 3 times for each language! Because I have 3 sequences OR - my solution: Simply copy/paste all the graphics and just move the text to where it fits best in the different format. Even this though takes long when doing it 10-15 times per day if there's a way to avoid it.

In the past I would use LEGACY TITLES because they would be the same file across all the sequences, they'd be saved to the project (Kind of like nests are), so when I made a change to 1 title, it would change in all sequences at the same time meaning I'd just need to do it once per language and all 3 formats would be ready to be rendered. Is there any way to continue doing something similar now that legacy titles were removed using a different method?

Sorry for the length here, I hope the explanation was okay.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

@Nick Garcia 

What @Ann Bens recommends will work similarly to how Legacy Titles did.

What are Source Graphics?
Source Graphics are Essential Graphics that work in a similar way to Legacy Titles:

• They have a project item.
  • You can track usage through the metadata column for Video Usage.
  • Edits made to the project item or an associated track item will ripple through all track items.

To upgrade your Graphics to Source Graphics:

Select all your Graphics in your Timeline and then choose Graphics and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mogrts can do similar things, though the process is a bit different. You can make them such that you can update one and it updates all, or that it only changes the one you're working on.

@Jarle Leirpoll @Ann Bens @Warren Heaton are all good with various such processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade to Source Graphic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nick Garcia 

What @Ann Bens recommends will work similarly to how Legacy Titles did.

What are Source Graphics?
Source Graphics are Essential Graphics that work in a similar way to Legacy Titles:

• They have a project item.
  • You can track usage through the metadata column for Video Usage.
  • Edits made to the project item or an associated track item will ripple through all track items.

To upgrade your Graphics to Source Graphics:

Select all your Graphics in your Timeline and then choose Graphics and Titles > Upgrade to Source Graphic.  Then you'll see all the resulting Source Graphics in your Project panel.  They might all be named "Graphic".  If you set the Project panel to Icon View, it should be easy to rename each one.  These can be moved into a Bin for better organization.

You could create one Text Object for each language in the same Graphic.  Right-click the English Text Object in the Edt section of the Essential Graphics panel and choose Duplicate.  Hide the original and edit the duplicate to be the second language.  Any animation created via Vector Motion in the Effect Controls will apply to each Text Object and any Video Motion parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is fantastic, and exactly what I was looking for! I had a feeling there'd be a way I wasn't aware of and that people here would have discovered it! Thank you very much Warren, for explaining Source Graphics and providing extra suggestions to the workflow.  

Thanks to @Ann Bens too for bringing it up! And @R Neil Haugen for the MOGRT suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines