Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initializing GPU each time I open a Premier Pro project

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So as of lately, as the title says, I've been getting this pop up each and every single time I open up Premier Pro to continue working on a project. No, it's not a new project, and no it doesn't just pop up once (because of some updates per se). 

I must note that I'm running on macOS Monterey 12.6.9 and no updates were made to the systems or drive recently. 

This pop up is rather hindering my work and productivity as sometimes it can take up to 15min for it to load and disappear. 

Can you please let me know if there's something that I need to change or do in order for this to stop happening? Or if it's just ANOTHER Premier Pro bug that makes me want to leave this software once and for all.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, see below: 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), 1TB SSD

2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB  RAM

Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

the SSD has ±400GB available out of the 1TB

Anything else you need, let me know - I'm still dealing with the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your operating system up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 2016 computer is ancient by computer standards ... I'm wondering if the newer versions of the Adobe video apps can even work with it. Certainly only with the latest updates of your OS and drivers, if then ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of the previous replies actually did anything to answer OP's question. I am experiencing this on a M1 Max Macbook Pro updated to Sonoma 14.6.1 (most up to date as of wiritng) and I am getting the same issue. I have a coworker doing all of our production edits on his 2016 MBP as well with no issues. So I'm inclined to believe that the age of the computer doesnt matter, contrary to what @R Neil Haugen said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your situation is different than the OP though. Guaranteed, even if it seems the same, it's going to be a different thing for you than for the OP.

Their machine simply can't work with the current Premiere correctly.

Yours however should work with the current Premiere. Something is bonked and Premiere isn't getting the right data to work properly.

@Warren Heaton or @Kevin-Monahan some ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines