• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Creative Cloud 2015 fully compatible with El Capitan (OS X 10.11)?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

There are a bunch of reports on the web of problems with early Beta versions of El Capitan, but nothing recently -- and certainly nothing I can find since the OS' release this morning.

I'm torn: I want to upgrade immediately. But I also know the rule about waiting for the 0.1 update before updating system software...

Some positive reports would go a long way to ease my fears....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

WG,

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

We aren't recommending installing it yet if you're using Premiere Pro CC 2015.0.2, or earlier: Premiere Pro CC and OS X El Capitan | Premiere Pro work area

Stay tuned to the team blog for updated info.

If you have installed it already, you may run into issues related to the new version of OS X. There are always some issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgray1981 wrote:

An update that happened yesterday when I restarted my Mac - Creative Cloud is finally compatible!!!

can you elaborate on this?  the only recent update is a Creative Cloud App update - and that's causing crash reports to be generated for several (many) users on Macs at the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call BS on this because I was using adobe this morning and still the same nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compatible in what sense? It has always been compatible to some degree. Have most of the bugs been fixed? Can anyone else confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌iit's still real buggy for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running Beta 5 of El Capitan 10.11.2 (15c48a) with no issue until I updated Premiere, After Effects and Speedgrade this morning. Now titles do not display correctly, simple dissolves do not work (the only one I got to work was Additive Dissolve) the Lumetri effect on some clips (not all) were changed and I had to go through and check every single clip and readjust to match. This take me back to my Avid editing days and the rule of never updating during a project. When I switched to Premiere it was nice never having an issue when updating but I guess those days are over for Premiere also. I know I'm running an OS that Adobe is not suggesting to update to yet but as of yesterday I can't think of one issue I was having running Premiere on El Capitan but now it's almost not useable. Another issue is if you double click a clip it shows in my second monitor but does not load into the Source Monitor, you have to double click a second time to get it to load into the Source Monitor. Now I have to figure out how to get back to a version of Premiere that works with El Capiton. I've have been wanting to try Resolve so maybe this is my chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim Swins,

I was running Beta 5 of El Capitan 10.11.2 (15c48a) with no issue until I updated Premiere, After Effects and Speedgrade this morning. Now titles do not display correctly, simple dissolves do not work (the only one I got to work was Additive Dissolve) the Lumetri effect on some clips (not all) were changed and I had to go through and check every single clip and readjust to match.

Sorry for your issues.

I have a few questions.

• Did you test this on a brand new project or a project you updated?
  • If it's an updated project, can you try a brand new one?
  • If it's an updated project, have you tried creating a new project and importing the previous project into the new one?
  • Have you filed any bugs on these issues yet? If not, here is the link.

For other customers, I would not recommend updating to a beta version of OS X with Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1) at this time. For those that already have updated to the beta version, please file bugs.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

It was an updated project but I also tried a new project from scratch and it had all the same issues. I will fill out a bug report on them but any way to get pack to the previous version of Premiere?

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

It was an updated project but I also tried a new project from scratch and it had all the same issues.

Sorry to hear that. Feel free to contact support if you decide to update once more.

I will fill out a bug report on them but any way to get pack to the previous version of Premiere?

Thanks for filing a bug report. Here is a link to revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.
If you need a dot version, you can obtain them from the ProDesign Tools site mentioned in my blog post here: http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/01/29/revert-to-a-previous-version-of-premiere-pro-cc-or-an...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

For other customers, I would not recommend updating to a beta version of OS X with Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1) at this time. For those that already have updated to the beta version, please file bugs.

Kevin -

Can you please clarify if Adobe will be "warning" customers NOT to update OSX when 10.11.2 is released, or how that will be handled moving forward?

What is the timeframe before the OS update would be recommended?

As stated previously, I have less than a 2-week window for updating to the latest OS due to IT security implementations.  I can dual-boot a desktop machine (MacPro5,1) but doing so with my laptop is not really possible for real-world usage.  Having some sort of "official" word from Adobe that I can point to, may allow me to buy another week or two of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Kevin -

Can you please clarify if Adobe will be "warning" customers NOT to update OSX when 10.11.2 is released, or how that will be handled moving forward?

I don't believe that there will be anything specific, as nothing was announced prior to other point releases of OS X. My recommendation was a personal one, based on past experience with beta builds of OS X.

As stated previously, I have less than a 2-week window for updating to the latest OS due to IT security implementations.  I can dual-boot a desktop machine (MacPro5,1) but doing so with my laptop is not really possible for real-world usage.  Having some sort of "official" word from Adobe that I can point to, may allow me to buy another week or two of time...

I do sympathize with your situation. I've been there when I was responsible for installations at a major facility in my LA days. I'll do my best to make sure major OS compatibilities are announced as far in advance as possible in the future.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, big problems. I have a brandnew top of the range macbookpro and have more problems than I ever had with CS6.

In Bridge it keeps selecting a different window when i have a number of windows open, that is if i press spacebar for full screen view and then again to get out of full screen view and then again, nothing happens. if i click on the window again then hit the space bar an image from another windo come in full screen view.

in Photoshop I get black squares no matter what I set the performance options to, never happened on my old MacBookPro  using CS6 and OS X 10.9

it makes it really hard to edit a bunch of photographs like 400 +

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 22.10.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updraded to 10.11.1 and after that I could not use Adobe CC 2015 at all. The computer frozed everytime a started up Indesign, illustrator or Photoshop.

Had to reinstall Yosemite to make it work again. El Capitan 10.11.0 did work fine - but not the latest version.

Do not upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the patch that was released on Tuesday a lot of the prem. problems I had seemed to be fixed. there still are a few bugs, im having issues dragging and dropping items to the timeline or moving things around on the timeline, some transition effects don't latch properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scoop,

There still are a few bugs, im having issues dragging and dropping items to the timeline or moving things around on the timeline, some transition effects don't latch properly.

Sorry to hear that. We can try and troubleshoot those items in a new post, or you can work with support here.

If you have time, please let us know about those issues here.

Thank you!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photographer. Just migrated to new iMac with El Capitán 10.11.3. Old Mac had an issue with graphics card. Card discontinued, unavailable, after 5 years. 

First surprise: Adobe does not take migration. We're supposed to reinstall it all.

Second surprise: downloading Creative Cloud. Crash after crash. Impossible to install.

I've already paid for a monthly subscription but cannot use Photoshop, the intended product.

Tried the Cleaner tool, to no avail.

Fed up, frustrated with such issues, at this point. This was not supposed to happen, anymore.

Oh, and Adobe assistance only works from Monday to Friday. Crashes on weekends, forget it; wait till the next business day. But your payment is taken any time, immediately.

Good grief...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, good to note... I have not upgraded and sounds like a real nightmare... other than not being able to work... how is El Capitain? Are there improvements or is the whole thing a sham of  a sham?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Apple fan and really appreciate their way of doing things. Never had any problem with my Apple devices. However, with the updated El Capitan that came with the new Mac I cannot use Aperture [already discontinued] anymore, nor their own Photos new software, which does not open "because of a problem" [I don't use it normally, anyway]. That is, I already had El Capitan in the old Mac, and everything worked well, Photoshop included.

Updated to 10.11.3 this morning [I've had the new Mac since yesterday evening] to see if the bugs had gone away, and still no good news.

Cannot judge, but it begins to sound like I have a PC with a new Windows version.

Thanks to this I'm back to Photoshop Elements, which still works, and to Phocus.

Can't wait; looking forward to the next, improved and compatible OS X, El General...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading this thread, I won't be upgrading to El Capitan for a long time..  I normally do a fresh cleaning on my hard drive every 6-8 months...  Currently I have Yosemite on my system, I'm gonna downgrade to Mavericks.  Even with Yosemite, its a ram hog and it slows down my maxed out 2014 iMac a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator and Adobe Animate won't open, but photoshop seems to work. Can I switch back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC2015 has lost all progress bars on El Capitan but they are there in Yosemite. Dialogs don't always close when supposed to although they eventually do.

Also if any one is having difficulty building plugins with the 11.2 sdk one problem I have found the copyresources.sh mac script doesn't run because it has windows line endings. Why a Mac shell script has windows line endings is beyond me and also explains a lot when it comes to buggy Adobe products.

Can't really tell if the issue is fixed in 11.3 as there is no sdk released for this yet.

If your using InDesign CC2015 and you need it to work correctly I would stay clear of El Capitan even now months after release!

This subscription thing doesn't really work does it Adobe. You can't get your latest software running correctly on the latest OS.

You can't supply developers with SDKs for new versions in a timely fashion. So that peoples plugins will be upgradeable before you even release the latest Apps. Meaning the plugins no longer work when people upgrade.

Just poor all round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent thousands on the latest mac equipment. This Adobe bug crap has been happening since Yosemite that didn't get resolved months after it was released last spring. I've been periodically checking in to see if they have fixed the problems with El Capitan and see they have not. I find this completely unecceptible when paying $50 a month for a subscription. I'm now seeking other design application alternatives. Any suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt like this, instead just switched to PC after waiting for bug fixes, saved £1000's and equalled MacPro spec Adobe CC is running nicely in all programes.

Re-training wise maybe took me a week to get used to Windows.

Switching to PC is probably an easier and actually less drastic solution than having to re-train on other software suprisingly.

In my case the closest replacement to After Effects is Nuke which costs £1k a year, then I'd need to purchase FCP and some image editing, vector software too, I'd imagine it'd work out being around £2k a year, Adobe is £600 a year.... plus re-training on Nuke would take ages.

So the costs and time to re-train out-weighed switching to PC, sold my iMac to cover the PC costs, I've actually broken even, so no costs and have a much faster system.
Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Mac fan and have kept my Mac Book Pro for working on the go, just when needs must you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The move to PC still doesn't help when Adobe roll out updates before even releasing the SDK. Meaning anyone relying on plugins for anything could end up with plugins that don't work till

Adobe rolls out the SDK to developers and the developers rebuild the plugins. The simple act of releasing the SDK a couple of weeks before the update and notifying registered developers in

a timely fashion. Would be a good start to ironing things out a little. Followed by making sure the samples in the SDK actually compile on all systems it's supposed to.

Plus personally I feel that when the software is running properly using the Mac version is just better all round. But yes PC version does do exactly the same. Just not as nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had a plugin issue since switching 6 months ago, I use a ton of plugins, trapcode, duik, rubber hose, motion, gopro studio and all kinds of plugins for After Effects on PC, have updated the software a bunch of times and always stable.

Personal preference is fair enough. Personally I've not noticed any difference to my PC, still work on my Macbook Pro when on the go, maybe the finder is a little more intuitive, I use a Mac keyboard on PC with Mac shortcuts, so probably why.

As a work around I'm just saying switching to a PC and keeping Adobe is probably easier than investing in new software and training (which was the comment initially). Personally I would lose out on thousands if I were to re-train and put all my client projects on hold to do so, not to mention that a lot of my clients work with Adobe software, so I'd probably lose clients if I start sending them Nuke files instead of After Effects!

It will take a lot to shift people away from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You misunderstand. I was talking about InDesign not After Effects. Adobe have rectified the issue over the last few iterations of Indesign and provided the SDK well in advance of going live. So all is now good.

Just one issue really. It's very difficult to process CC2021 InDesign Documents through a none existant InDesign Server 2021 and InDesign Server 2020 it no likey CC2021 documents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines