Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make nest without audio tracks

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Maybe I am using the wrong tool for the wrong job.  I have several tracks of graphics that I want to combine into one item on one track.

Nesting seems to work well but when I nest the items and use them in the timeline an additional audio tracks appears.

I don't want any audio tracks in my nested item, can the audio track be removed?  Or am I using the wrong tool?Nested Audio.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

I see. I tried it and it works as expected. see if your process is the same:

0533.gif

no additional audio appeared in the sub-sequence or the master sequence. how is your's behaving when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Ok actually just figured it out with the help of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvU3zlpSfA

Simply right-click the nested sequence in the bin, select Modify > Audio Channels... > and uncheck all the audio channel boxes. Now it will come into the sequence as video only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want 2 clips to be on one track just drag them to the track, no nesting required.

0566.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am layering multiple graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I tried it and it works as expected. see if your process is the same:

0533.gif

no additional audio appeared in the sub-sequence or the master sequence. how is your's behaving when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.... now add that nested sequence back into the timeline.  That is when the audio track appears.

I have also realised that nested sequence are limited to the length of the original sequence and can't be stretched.  Is there another way of combining graphics?  Or am I better off doing them in photoshop next time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.... now add that nested sequence back into the timeline.  That is when the audio track appears.

choose "Nest" instead of "Make Subsequence" and it will already be there in the timeline with no audio. the GIF is maybe a bit fast on that section.

I have also realised that nested sequence are limited to the length of the original sequence and can't be stretched.  Is there another way of combining graphics?

you can always make the clip longer in the nested sequence and you will be able to stretch it in the master sequence. of course if you don't need to edit or animate it then a good practice is to layer it in photoshop before importing it... but sometimes we are already in the process so might as well do it in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same doubt about this. I created a lowerthird and nested, I always pull it to the timeline and it comes with audio, is there a way to unlink the audio track so that when I pull it the audio track doesn't come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well.

I'm using a video-only nested sequence as an asset across multiple projects. When I go to drag the nested sequence from the bin into a timeline, it comes with a blank audio track that I then have to delete. Most times I have to place the nest at the end of the timeline instead of where I want it because I have to delete that audio track before it overrides any audio that I DO want. Very annoying.

There's no way in Premiere that I can find to delete all audio tracks from a sequence. At least a nested sequence anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok actually just figured it out with the help of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvU3zlpSfA

Simply right-click the nested sequence in the bin, select Modify > Audio Channels... > and uncheck all the audio channel boxes. Now it will come into the sequence as video only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this solution, Punker. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines