• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

This issue has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

Could you please try to test this behavior by cleaning up the Cache on Premiere Pro, and please test in the latest beta build PrPro 25.0, share your feedback. If the issue persists, please let us know about it, we might need the sample project to reproduce this crash.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
261 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SteveConnorUK  ,

Thanks for bringing up the issue. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

This issue has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vishals2588 ,

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried it out and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. do you mean, change the frame of the sequence? If so, I tried, and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you figure this out? Morph cut is making premiere crash for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its doing it to me also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dsdASDASD ,

This issue on Mac Intel has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it has been a nightmare. I already changed to an older version and I am still having issues. I guess the best solution should be to change to Da Vinci or Final Cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ment Studio,

Thank you for the message. I noticed others with a similar issue on Intel-based MacBook Pros and .mxf footage. Is that the case with you, too? Let us know.

Can you check if you have the same issue in Beta? Hopefully, the problem will be fixed in the upcoming version. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Kevin. 

Yes, I am currently using a Macbook Pro Intel Core i9, 16-inch 2019. 

I tried Beta and at the beginning was working great but after a bit, it happened the same issue.  

Thanks,

Alonso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ment Studio ,

Sorry for the issue, could you please confirm the beta version and if possible please share more details about the media that you're using? If possible, Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very unfortunate, Morph cut is very important to "somehow" create a seamless flow from jump cuts. Evern the most updated premiere pro 24.3 doesn't address the issue. If this can't be fixed, then REMOVE it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest Beta-version it works very well for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 2019 MacBook Pro to Sonoma 14.5 and updated Premiere to 24.4.1 and with still images (PNG) the morph cut works but with 30fps and 29.97ftps 1920x1080 footage it still does not work and crashes when I try to add or play at a morph cut. I have tried every update since 24.1 and Beta and they all do this. The only one that works for me is 24.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Streetshow Productions @marleenp17390569 ,

Sorry for the problem. This is fixed in the beta builds.  You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please check and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Josiah Tschetter  ,

Sorry for the problem. This is fixed in the beta builds.  You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kyle Kramb @JustinFitch ,

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Tried everything recommended here. Premiere pro crashes instantaneously when I use the morph cut, asks me if I want to reopen the latest save and crashes again. I've scrapped several projects, started again and the morph cut keeps crashing. Morph cut is not buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

Sorry for the issue, could you please confirm the beta version and if possible please share more details about the media that you're using and machine configuration? If possible, Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta version 24.4.1 

3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Graphics Radeon Pro 555 2GB, RAM recently upgraded from 8 to 16 GB, Mac OS 13.6.7 - attaching sample file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

Could you please try the later Beta version after 24.4? The fix went in the 24.5 version. I have tried to open a sample project, I don't see any problem. It would be great if you could share the sample media too, on https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely I don't see the 24.5 version. I tried to update anyway and I'm on version 24.4.1 (Build 2). I'm trying to upload the sample media.

Votes

Translate

Translate