• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro 2024 to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apart from that, premiere has repeatedly had problems with morph cuts in the past, which have led to crashes. i'm not a programmer, but i can imagine that the causes are similar this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

Apologies for the delay in response, Sorry about the issue. I have tried to repro this scenario at our end, but so far we haven't faced any crash/hang. Would be able to help if you could share the info on the format of the clip, it also depends upon it. Please share the working version too where you're not facing this issue, will also try to compare both versions.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaanviG,

the crashes happen on both systems that I use.

In both cases Ventura 13.6.7 is in use. Also Premiere 24.4.1 (Build 2)

Now in detail:

Case 1:
Macbook M1 Max, 64GB
4K project with many 4K (DCI) 50P files from Sony F55 (Sony XAVC intra in MXF container)

Project can be opened. But as soon as a sequence with morph cut is opened, Premiere crashes (which is why it is also not possible to define the clip or file exactly or to remove the morph cut). That means: I have to wait until you fix the problem!

It is also interesting that the project repeatedly loses XAVC clips, i.e. places Media offline. If these are linked, they are often offline again the next time the project are opened. Very strange.

Case 2:
Macbook M2 Max, 64 GB
HD project with MPEG-2 files (Canon XF), 25P and MXF-OP1a (XDCam HD422)

Project with Morph-Cut gives error message when opened: "A low level exeption occured in Morph-Cut (AEVideoFilter:06"

I have been editing with Premiere for more than 20 years and suspect that the morph cut in conjunction with XAVC files or MXF containers is causing the problems.

Premiere had a similar problem about 6 or 7 years ago.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @tp-doku ,

Thanks for sharing the details, please bear with us. Will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

I have tried to repro both of the cases with MXF files on the M1 Max configuration, but somehow I don't see any crashes so far or any low-level exception with XAVC Intra MXF file or XDCAM HD 422.

I would recommend creating another sample project in the working  Premiere Pro and sharing the media along with the sample project on shared Drive. Please mention the last working version of Premiere Pro where you do not see any crashes or exceptions.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kevin-Monahan. My editor installed the beta of 24.6 on his 2020 Intel iMac and was able to add morph cuts to the sequence again. In this case, he's chosen to keep using 24.0.3 for now because the new timeline color labels will really throw off his productivity on this current project. Hopefully the inverted color bug will also be fixed soon too. We can't afford to be losing any more edit time at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kcaudill,

I appreciate you writing back to me. I'm glad the bug has been fixed on your editor's Intel-based Mac in Beta. That was at the heart of the bug fix. I'm sorry the new label colors have thrown you off your game. You can discuss that topic here. I would love to get your feedback there. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, can´t open sequences with Morph-Cut, they imidiatly crashing ... no help since nearly half a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

Please try the latest beta build 24.6, it will be fine on Mac-Intel. If you're still able to repro this issue, please share more details if you're still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaanVig, does it also run on M1 Max?

Best, Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a third-party plug-in that will do the same function as Morph Cut? I really can't wait for Adobe to get around to releasing a final version that works. (It still crashes on 24.4.1 for me.)

I'll also note that the Adobe crash advisor suggests upgrading to 24.4.1 when I am already on 24.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Xofp,

Thanks for the message. Are you using an Intel-based Mac? Please try the beta version of Premiere Pro. You should see a fix there. I hope the advice helps you. If not, come back with your system and media info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan ,
I don't have access to the Beta version... Any idea why that could be?
Is it available to everybody? It's a company liscence.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have access, but you might need to ask your IT Admin about it. They can help you!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just applied Morph cut, and my and Premiere crashes. Have you found a fix for this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My workaround/hack:

Import your comp in After Effects... Render to media encoder to WHATEVER settings you like. Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines