• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

This issue has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

Could you please try to test this behavior by cleaning up the Cache on Premiere Pro, and please test in the latest beta build PrPro 25.0, share your feedback. If the issue persists, please let us know about it, we might need the sample project to reproduce this crash.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
261 Comments
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7
This is a larger 4K/50p documentary project with numerous sequences. After I switched from MacPro to Macbook Pro two years ago, there were no problems at all for quite some time. The M1 Max ran like clockwork ... and now this!

Since the 2024 version, my projects are no longer as stable, currently all(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!!!!

When starting or opening the project, I sometimes see a red marked warning “Low Level Exception ... Morph” at the bottom right.

Uploud to the cloud is not possible: Error message: Certain files are not supported!!!

best,

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 24.4.1 the morph-cut it doesn't work. Please try the beta version 24.6. There should be no issues anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with M2 Max on other Project (only HD) - crashing when opening because of Morph-Cut.

What to do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

Will try to check at my end from my side, will need more information about the format that you're using for your workflow. Did you apply any other thing along with morph- effects,mogrts, etc, or will elaborate on the workflow?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan ,
I don't have access to the Beta version... Any idea why that could be?
Is it available to everybody? It's a company liscence.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked for updates. 8:44 am EST - and I am not seeing 24.6 available in Creative Cloud.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 8.44.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Beta version of Premiere Pro .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have access, but you might need to ask your IT Admin about it. They can help you!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maanvig,

as already told: 

Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7
4K/50p project with numerous sequences

All(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!

When starting or opening the project, I sometimes see a red marked warning “Low Level Exception ... Morph” at the bottom right.

Beside morph-Effect nothing spectacular, only disolve, fade-to-black

Apple M2 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7

small HD-Project with MPEG2-Files

All(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!

Beside morph-Cut also Motion-Blur (tracking created inside Premiere)

Can you help me please, can´t work on both projects for the moment.

Thanks

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @tp-doku  for sharing the details, will try this effect together. Could you please also share the media properties on which you're adding the effect. Like I said, it would be great if you could share the sample media along with the project on cc, or shared drive- onedrive.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I already wrote, upload is not possible. Why is it no more possible, that Adobe offers a easy-going workflow for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beside that it is not possible to identify the media properties, because Premiere is crashing immidiately when starting the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apart from that, premiere has repeatedly had problems with morph cuts in the past, which have led to crashes. i'm not a programmer, but i can imagine that the causes are similar this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Beta version is not showing up as an available update in my CC library. June 13 9:10 am EST
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.07.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, it cannot show up as an update, since you have never installed the Beta version of Premiere Pro. As you can see by yourself: You already installed the Beta version of Photoshop - and that's why Adobe shows you that there is a newer version of the Beta version of Photoshop.

To get the Beta version of e.g. Premiere Pro, you just click at "Applications" in your Creative Cloud and at the top of the menu, you find the option "Beta". Just click at this item and you will see every Beta version, which you can download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

Apologies for the delay in response, Sorry about the issue. I have tried to repro this scenario at our end, but so far we haven't faced any crash/hang. Would be able to help if you could share the info on the format of the clip, it also depends upon it. Please share the working version too where you're not facing this issue, will also try to compare both versions.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaanviG,

the crashes happen on both systems that I use.

In both cases Ventura 13.6.7 is in use. Also Premiere 24.4.1 (Build 2)

Now in detail:

Case 1:
Macbook M1 Max, 64GB
4K project with many 4K (DCI) 50P files from Sony F55 (Sony XAVC intra in MXF container)

Project can be opened. But as soon as a sequence with morph cut is opened, Premiere crashes (which is why it is also not possible to define the clip or file exactly or to remove the morph cut). That means: I have to wait until you fix the problem!

It is also interesting that the project repeatedly loses XAVC clips, i.e. places Media offline. If these are linked, they are often offline again the next time the project are opened. Very strange.

Case 2:
Macbook M2 Max, 64 GB
HD project with MPEG-2 files (Canon XF), 25P and MXF-OP1a (XDCam HD422)

Project with Morph-Cut gives error message when opened: "A low level exeption occured in Morph-Cut (AEVideoFilter:06"

I have been editing with Premiere for more than 20 years and suspect that the morph cut in conjunction with XAVC files or MXF containers is causing the problems.

Premiere had a similar problem about 6 or 7 years ago.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @tp-doku ,

Thanks for sharing the details, please bear with us. Will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

I have tried to repro both of the cases with MXF files on the M1 Max configuration, but somehow I don't see any crashes so far or any low-level exception with XAVC Intra MXF file or XDCAM HD 422.

I would recommend creating another sample project in the working  Premiere Pro and sharing the media along with the sample project on shared Drive. Please mention the last working version of Premiere Pro where you do not see any crashes or exceptions.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @elaineh47132057 ,

Premiere Pro 24.5 is live now, please try to test the Morph cut issue on the latest Build, and share your feedback.

Regards,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking back. Yes, in the Beta version, Morph Cut works great! Really needed it for this project.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean version 24.5.0 - yes, the issue is fixed, on my computer the morph cut is working very well. I even tried to provoke a shutdown of the program by scrubbing through the timeline while the morph is analyzed. And yes: No problems with this function anymore. Thank you so much, Adobe, for fixing that and I guess the performance is even much better. Super, good job, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just applied Morph cut, and my and Premiere crashes. Have you found a fix for this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 24.3 build 59 and I just tried mine, and it crashes. Have you came across a fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate