Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, I am curious to know if the Multicam bugfix in the patch will  repair broken sequences, of the sort which have been detailed in this  thread, or if it simply fixes the bug so that it will not happen in  future multicam edits.

I understand that the bugfix list is still being compiled, but since this is the big fix that everyone's been waiting for it would be good to know the details of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update, it didn't fix my already messed up multicam edits with the looping problem. I tried new multi camera edits closed the program and launched it back up and seems like the new edits are in place as I left them. So I'm thinking we will all need to re-edit what we had done before the update. Earlier posts from other guys show how to re-do it rather fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cazares1990 wrote:

After the update, it didn't fix my already messed up multicam edits with the looping problem. I tried new multi camera edits closed the program and launched it back up and seems like the new edits are in place as I left them. So I'm thinking we will all need to re-edit what we had done before the update. Earlier posts from other guys show how to re-do it rather fast.

Hi cazares1990,

Sorry the update did not retroactively fix your broken sequences. As I mentioned previously, this will fix many, but not all multicamera sequences.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The notes from the developer who fixed this bug indicated that affected sequence should be redeemed by the fix. Both the tester who verified the fix and I confirmed that. However, our testing was in basic scenarios along the following lines:

1. In 7.0.0, create a multicam sequence and make a second pass at editing it in the multicam mode
  2. Close and save the project [without further editing to try to fix the broken edits]
  3. apply the patch
  4. Open the project

I imagine it's possible that some types of edits made between steps 1 and 3 could 'lock in' the errors such that the patch can't redeem the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat. Update doesn't fix my broken sequence.

I didn't edit it at all once I found it broken, although I did try re-rendering it all (I have some overlay effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar issues with multicamera editing and am losing paid hours re-doing my multi-camera edits over and over again. Why is adobe beta-testing this product on its customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated Premiere Pro to 7.0.1 using the update released yesterday? If not, you should, as it fixes this multicam bug.
If you are still experiencing this issue with new multicam edits despite having updated Premiere Pro CC then you  should contact technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not seen an answer to the question I and others have asked regarding the trial, and to whether or not it will be extended.  I was considering migrating from a competitors platform.  In light of this bug, I think this is a reasonable request. 

I at least think it deserves and answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not seen an answer to the question I and others have asked regarding the trial, and to whether or not it will be extended.

They may not be able to give an answer to a request that requires looking at individual situations. I would contact customer service and make the request there first.

Mark, is there a way for users to point out this thread to customer service? Can they give them your name as a staff person who knows the technical issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL for the thread will serve for purposes of point Customer Support here. And I'm cool with being cited as a contact person.

If there's a way extend a trial period, I'm not aware of it. But then I'm no authority on such matters. Licensing, authentication, and the like are managed by a central team; point products like Premiere Pro are basically clients of the security components, with limited visibility to how those components work. Besides, I'm not directly involved in testing things like trial period expiration. So it would not really expect to know about a trial-period-reset tool if one existed. But I would be a bit surprised if such a tool existed. Just think: If we intentionally left a way to reset the trial period, a hacker could exploit that to reset every trial on the planet for eternity.

@Max in post 156: if you were implying that we intentionally waited to release the patch until your trial was nearly expired, that is categorically untrue. In fact, the idea is simply nonsensical in about a dozen different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multicam still isn't fixed in 7.0.1 and I've tried everything I can think of. Is there going to be another update? I have several projects that were edited with the bad software, and all the timelines show now is black. I thought this was to be restored with the update?

Can anyone clarify? New projects seem okay so far, but not the previous work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that even in a brand new project, after doing the automatic sync of muticam clips using audio, only one cam works, and the others are black.  Interestingly, these are the very same assets I was able to sucessfully import and sync before the last patch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a simple FYI which you probably already know, I've found that the multicam nested sequence track needs to be the video track in a sequence and multicam needs to be 'enabled' for that nested sequence. Have you done this? If you don't do that it seems that multicam doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lukegoodmancinema, it all depends on what you did to try to fix the sequences yourself.  I found that on sequences that I tried to go back and make changes and replace originals, PPCC didn't know how I had originally cut my multicam sequence.

For the project that I did and didn't go back and try to make further changes on, the project was corrected and looked just as it should.  This is an issue that seems to be complex and that I don't understand fully, but I guess the question is, did you do any work on the sequence to try to fix it yourself?

Joseph from Austin, I would suggest taking a look at this walkthrough.  It sounds to me like you're not setting it up right.  IE, it sounds like you're trying to edit your multicam in your source monitor rather than your program monitor, or something similar.  I can confirm that on my system, and as far as I've heard from all other experienced Adobe users, multicam is now working exactly as it should.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/04/a-quick-walkthrough-of-editing-a-multi-camera-sequence-wi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched that tutorial walkthrough twice when it was released.

I didn't try "fix" or "change" anything on these timelines. I just saved and quit when the problems showed up. I'm re-ediing about 8 hours of live footage as it's coming due, but some of it I can wait on in case Adobe has another fix.

New projects seem okay, but I'm still terrified as I lost several full days of VERY DULL editing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that I didnt buy APcc. It full of bugs. Multicam record always start from begining of clips, sometime crash when i click on mxf file on timeline. I have to use the auto save projects or create a new project then use media browser import cut sequences to reuse them from inside error project. Audio waveform sometime don't show up, just blanked line, special with sd footage or mpeg2 (hdv) captuerd by itseft. I hate tha A shortcut function, i like cs6 more than this. Where's my multicam windows? I can't see program monitor for effects when do multicam, if switch to program mo fixing quickly effects, then i can't see other angle for quick switch between them.

AEcc import an png file take very long time also. I notice AEcc create too much small temp files, it slow down my system terible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhg.  Apparently my desktop CC updater hadn't been signed in for several weeks.  So I wasted time and money creating a multi-cam sequence with what I assume was a bug-affected version of Pr.

Like many, new version does not fix it for me.  Think I'll manually slice em up rather than chase fixes.  Not having warning dialouge or something was inexcusable in any case... on net, this cost approximately the entire year's subscription in lost time.  I'm sure others lost more than I did.

Does anyone else want an option for multicamera edits to time the cuts, but place the angles on their own seperate video layers?  Prefer color correction, etc to take place after the camera cuts, and it seems easier that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@5O - If your multicam clip is a nested sequence of several tracks, you can do effects and color corrections on the original sequence's tracks/clips and they will carry over to the multicam clip. I use that workflow all the time. I can then color correct after the multicam edit is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Has this been fixed yet does anyone know (Adobe??)

I just spotted this thread after losing an entire multicam edit yesterday and as per many on here - costing me pretty much my entire year's subscription in lost time/money.

No warning, no comeback - the bug has not only destroyed my latest edit project, but has somehow also infected all my incrementals AND auto-saves which weren't even open!?! I even tried opening these projects on a different system incase it was a cache or preferences thing on the machine where it went wrong, but nothing.

This is unforgivable to let a product go out on sale that does this to your work.

I am running PP v.7.0.0 (342) which I downloaded and installed from the cloud only last week. I see there is a 7.0.1 update now available, but I am loathe to install incase it makes things worse...if that's possible.

Can anyone shed any new light on whether this (or something else) is out there to reverse this, or do you pretty much have to start edit from scratch?

Thanks,

James

Running OSX 10.8.3 / Mac Pro 3,1 / PPro CC 7.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say this, but I had to start from scratch. Adobe - nice one lads. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone over on Creative Cow has said 7.0.1 fixes it...whether that means it won't happen again, or it will actually reverse/fix an already knackered project I don't know.

I haven't got time to wait on this job, so going to cross fingers and update now. Wish me luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed! Thank god. My latest project is still screwed, but one an hour or so back is intact. Phew.

Seriously though Adobe, don't do that again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the bug as well. I still had version 7.0

Actually I had not heard of the bug before. I just installed Premiere from scratch today and the creative cloud app didn't tell me that there would be an update. Actually, it said (and still says) "Up to date" under the "Apps" tab in Creative Cloud.

How can it be that they release a .0 version with a VERY critical bug and do not manage to make sure that new users get the .1 version when installing from scratch? I lost about 12 hours of work. Thank you, Adobe. This is VERY irresponsible and disrespectful.

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, try install the point update - it fixed all but my latest project and put everything back as it was before the crash. I restored from an auto-save.

Still disgraceful that Adobe let this out, but hopefully update helps most ppl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joseph,

Please contact customer support with that request: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines