• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to apply a LUT to the clip

Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to apply a LUT to clips on my timeline but the only LUTs I can apply are the ones that come with Premiere. If I apply any external LUTs they don't affect the video in any way. It says that it has the LUT chosen and applied but it does nothing on the video. If I change the LUT to one of the pre-loaded ones, then it works fine.

The LUTs I'm trying to use work fine on DaVinci and FCP.

Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Rec709 Fujifilm 3513DI D65.cube is in the wrong format to work with PPro.  For whatever reason, Blackmagic decided to use an almost identical LUT format to Adobe with one tiny difference that makes them incompatible with us.  Luckily LUT files are quite easy to edit with any plain text editor like BBEdit, and the syntax fix is trivial in this case.

1. Open up the LUT in a plain text editor and find the line that specifies the input range. LUT_3D_INPUT_RANGE 0.0 1.0
  2. If it specifies 0.0 to 1.0, Delete

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am also having this problem with Premiere, when I got to add any LUTs in the aren't premiere's own I get this error message 'a low level exception occurred in lumetri color aevideofilter 14' and it renders lumetri color completley unusable. I had a look inside the .cube LUTS I want to use and none have an Input Range Line, they all begin with LUT_3D_SIZE 33 and that's it. No idea how to make them work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to move a Blackmagic LUT over to Premiere. When I click "browse" to import the LUT I get an "Invaild file: Unable to load selected file" message. But when I move the LUT into the LUT folder for Premiere it just turns my footage into a red and white checkerbox. I've tried adding and deleting the suggested lines. But does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dkelso12,

Not all LUTs are usable in Premiere. You say this is a BlackMagic LUT, which one? And could you upload it so I could test it?

As to LUT placement ... do not ever put LUTs in the Premiere program folders. Period. Use the following chart, and Premiere/AfterEffects/MediaEncoder will all automatically 'see' the LUTs and apply them by the LUTs name. Note: you do need to add the Technical and Creative folders to the following locations, then park your LUTs there. Technical will be seen in the Basic tab's dropdown, Creative in the Creative tab's dropdown.

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

I add a prefix of a number and letter to my LUTs, so they show up organized and ... first, ahead of the built-in LUTs which I think I've only used like twice. So my LUTs are 'named':

01 A Low-Sat Mask

01 A Shadows Mask

01 A Highlights Mask

02 A Johnson ....xxxx

02 B B17 xxxxxxxxx

etc.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive created lut folders and used these luts many times. now all of a suddent premiere says it cannot load the file. so there is nothing wrong with the luts, since they have been used successfully many times. 

You also gave where to save the luts, but those folders dont exist.  you go to users/user name/ then there is no library folder. ive tried this on both my macbook and imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Adobe's chart. I'm a PC user, so I can't say much about internal Mac issues.

Although those folder trees for Mac have been used by many for several years now. Strange your Macs don't have a Library folder.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a lut issue on a pc either. I'm pretty sure this whole post is a mac compatibily issue that lots of us are having and not just a premiere issue. There is no reason my (or the authors) luts should just stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan  ... any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work for me, but no longer seems to for some reason. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. My LUT begins like this: 

LUT_3D_SIZE 33

0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lehestro,

Where did that LUT come from?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines