• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Monitor Positioning Error (Multiple Displays)

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Searching to see if anyone can help me out here, I'm having a fairly annoying issue with CC.17 (2017.1.2) where my playback monitor is continuously positioned off-centre (and therefore cropped) -- either Premiere is interpreting the position of my monitor incorrectly or is being fed an incorrect position by the OS, either way it's totally beyond my technical know-how to fix and am looking for some help,

I've attached a screen grab of the issue as I see it (primary monitor in the centre with two smaller HD's left and right, the left hand monitor should be full-screen playback) also attaching the system display settings for all three monitors along with a system overview -- system is running dual GeForce GTX 1080 Ti's, Current Driver Version 385.41

PremierePro-Error-01.jpg

PremierePro-Settings.jpg

Primary Display: Dell PQ2715Q

Secondary: 2x DELL U2414H

All connected by HDMI

SystemDisplaySettings.jpg

SystemOverview.jpg

Any help at all would be hugely appreciated,

Cian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much help but I have a similar issue, any new panel being opened appears half way off my leftmost screen. I running 4 screens on a GTX 970, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, yeah sounds familiar, with my situation the problem is limited solely to the programme monitor being sent to my external monitor (via the Preferences > Playback > Transmit Options). This should give me full-screen playback but is being cropped as per the screenshots above.

The plot thickens now, if I move into another application and return to Premiere (after about 2-3minutes) the Playback is now, magically, full-screen, but the topmost third is cropped black, and will suddenly return to it's normal error state if I got back into preferences and change something.

Also worth nothing that no matter what Video Device check-box I select in the Preferences > Playback window, Premiere will always send the video to my leftmost Monitor, (Monitor 3), even if I check Monitor 2…

Untitled-2.jpg

I recently moved system having worked on Mac's for years and never encountered this issue, (running an identical three monitor setup on a 27" iMac with two external HD monitors, on Premiere CC.17, I never encountered this issue at all) I'm completely lost in a mire of possible conflicts between Nvidia drivers and Windows system settings or Premiere just acting weird…

Anyone from Adobe care to help?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have connected a third display which is a 55" LG LED HD TV, and when I check in the playback the TV as a playback monitor, the display comes displaced or cropped. It also sometimes come back if I do random things like switching programs and coming back. It is odd after all this time that Adobe hasn't answered to this particuliar problem. I'm running an Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB, and no matter how I put my displays, I still have the same problem. It sucks that I bought a 1300$ TV and not be able to have my footage on the whole screen. Any new updates from anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have been having this problem for a while...  Trying to use the Playback Preview feature so that it uses a dedicated monitor has really never worked right for me.... It always displays the playback content 'off kilter' the wrong size, kind of spread between two screens in a strange way.  I've had this problem for years..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In OP's post, his issue likely stemmed from the fact his leftmost monitor is at 150% scaled in his Windows settings. Do you have any scaling turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Seems like I was able to figure it out (at least on my dual monitor setup)

As Jeff said, both monitors need to be scaled 100% (make sure you select each display individually and choose 100% under scale and layout settings)

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a huge problem 3 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also 5 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with something in your local setup.

So ... what monitors do you have, how connected to the computer, and what's your OS setup for them including any scaling?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thanks for replying!

I’m using two Viewsonic VA2719-2K-smhd monitors, one is connected via HDMI, one via HDMI to Mini DisplayPort, to a ZBook.

I’m on Windows 10. I extended the ZBook monitor to the external monitors. The external monitors are scaled to 100% (at 2560x1440) the ZBook is at 125% (at 1920x1080). In Premiere, Mercury Transmit is enabled and I selected monitor 3 as my video device. The full screen playback always starts out fine, then is displaced after a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the screen that's scaled to 125% to either 100% or 150%?

Premiere oft stuggles with 125 and 175 settings for many users.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually worked! As an added bonus, I can see more of the timeline on 100% ^^ Thanks so much, Neil, you're a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help, of course. Although I wish they would update Premiere's use of screens. It still sees them not as individual screens but as a device that has a pixel count of N by O, and an upper left corner pixel located x/y pixels from the 'main' screen's upper left corner.

That's like, 1995-era, right? Sheesh!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023... it is still an issue... please Adobe do something.

I have 4 monitors with three different resolutions. We have AI, super advanced GPUs, Asterix Number 40 and all that fancy things, but still no working multi monitor setup.

By the way I am not able to set every display to the same scale amount. Because of the resolution gap between my displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the scaling set for those monitors?  Individually?

At 100%, 150%, or 200%, it should all work.

Any monitor at 125% or 175% seems to throw a kink.

My four monitors vary from a small Elecrow 1920x1080, for scopes typicallly ... an LG ultrawide 2560x1080, a 24" Dell Ultrasharp 1920x1080, and a BenQ PD2720U 27" UHD. The BenQ is at 150%, the others at 100%. And it works fine. As long as no pixels from a panel group on one monitor touch another that is ... sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response Neil!

It helped partially. When I lift all the "odd" scale settings 125 % and 175 % to the more rounded once - it works... for minutes. Randomly, after some minutes the full screen jumps back to its strange position (like the author explained us).

Maybe we have to wait some more years ... hm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us have  been calling for a full revamp of their monitor usage for years.

It would be nice to be able to auto-enlarge a panel to fill a screen for the many of us that use mulitple screens. 

@mattchristensen  ... just re-noting this issue. For your consideration ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I occassionally get this issue - I work with three monitors and if I undock a panel (for me, the text panel) and put it in a separate monitor area, it can throw this out.   I've also found a workaround which isn't for everyone, but I'll output NDI instead and use NDI studio monitor program in full screen mode.  That can impact performance however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines