• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere adding random audio pops that aren't in OBS source audio (v23.5 and v23.6)

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last several versions, Premiere is randomly adding audio pops/clicks in audio. I've confirmed it isn't in the source media.

I will play through an edit I've made and randomly there will be an audio pop/click that wasn't there before. If I restart Premiere, it goes away, but it happens constantly, so I started to right click the audio clip when it happens, send it to Auditon, close auditon, then undo, so that it's back to normal. Then the audio pop won't be there anymore. So it's definitely a bug with Premiere Pro and how it's processing/rendering the audio files.

This was not a problem last year with the same audio format coming from the same program. My system is fast and transcoding is a waste of time; this bug shouldn't exist.

Happens in Premiere Pro v23.5 and 23.6 (This wasn't happening in the previous years versions)

My setup:
Mac Studio M1 Ultra

OS 12.6.8

Audio is from h.264 .mp4 files recorded from an OBS screen capture.

For some reason it's not liking the audio in these recent versions. (I've edited hundreds of videos in prior versions and can guarantee this was not an issue before.)

I've noticed if I tab out of Premiere for like 5-10 mins then go back, it resets Premiere and the pops don't happen, then as I start to playback parts and move the timeline curser around, the pops come back. It's very random though. If the pop isn't addressed, it ends up in the export as if Premiere has baked it into the render preview files during the editing!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (I'm on Version 24.0.0), and would absolutely love to hear if somone has any solutions. 

The vast majority of our issues come from SFX that have deep rumbles (whooshes and risers). 

My small team and I have had to export client deliverables through Audition in order to fix the audio pops and it seriously adds to our workflow time. Thanks all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this too. Upvoted. I'll advocate for a fix. Sorry, gang.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Mac OS to Ventura (13.6.1) with the latest OBS, and the files in Premiere Pro are still causing audio pops constantly. Would really love a fix for this; any comments from Adobe? Why is this happening all of a sudden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mstegner might be able to help ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Matt from the Premiere Audio team.  Post a screen shot of your Audio Hardware and Playback preferences as a start.  This will help us understand how you have the system set up (otherwise we are blind and just guessing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mstegner, REALLY appreciate any help here. 

The images below are my Audio Hardware & Playback settings. Within the Audio Hardware I have already adjuste my I/O Buffer Size to be maxed out as I read on other forums that this might help. 

I'm still getting major pops for projects I am exporting this morning as I write this. Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 11.22.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 at 11.22.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the buffer to 512 and the Sample Rate to 48k and see if that helps. 

These are pretty minor setting and should not cause an issue like this but Premiere interactions with the OS audio system is complicated and it is worth eliminating these variable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I'd thought about those suggestions, having seen them here many times as a first-pass troubleshooting step for audio. But thought I'd wait to see what Matt suggested.

Still good thing to try, it seems ... and hope it works for the OP.

I don't know how many times over the years those changes made things work.

Plus setting the Default Input to "none", of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Audio is fine in any other machine except this particular one. Audio sounds fine when exported but not within Premiere. Have tried just about anything including re-installing Premiere... Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the exact same issue. its really frustrating, would love a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve this issue on my side! That said, I'm not sure if others will be able to replicate. 

It turns out my company and I were using old templates at the beginning of every project, and those template Pr files had preloaded templatized sequences and folder structures etc. After months of scouring for solutions online, I realized that these old templates might house the issue, so I created new project templates for my team from scratch... and voila we haven't had any more issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me too and it's driving me nuts. No issue whatsoever with my OBS recordings when played through other programs, changed all my recording settings to match the project settings and it still glitches the audio sporadically. I thought maybe lowering the gain in my recording itself (thought it might be peaking?) might prevent this from happening but it has zero effect. The parts that glitch are never peaking and, for lack of a better term, completely random. I usually work with completely fresh projects too so it's not a cache issue with old files or whatnot.

Would love a solution if anyone has one :')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings in OBS for the audio? Are they attached to a video or separate files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @R Neil Haugen ! I'm going to guess that you're asking me (as the most recent reply)

My audio is usually attached to the video as a single MP4 file

I am on Windows 10 Pro running OBS version 30.0.2

My OBS settings are as follows! 

67127e2112dbf094e6ab3ca28df116ac.png

84b856ac409822e111417aabe7030b5c.png

1aef14c8430b66fc6e4f8ed2fab45782.png

I used to record straight to MP4, and tried changing it to record MKV and then remuxing it to MP4 (people gave this method as a solution on other threads) but that had no effect on removing the glitching in Premiere Pro for me. I've also tried lower and higher bitrates but it also seems to have no effect. My editor friend has also worked with one of my video files before in PP and the resulting video ended up having similar glitches to what I usually experience (like how OP said, "If the pop isn't addressed, it ends up in the export as if Premiere has baked it into the render preview files during the editing!!"). I've tried it with multiple video files so I know it's not any particular file that has issues.

If there's anything that sticks out to you, I would super appreciate any help with the matter!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a puzzlement to me. Huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this on v24 as well. For me the audio is a random 8th of a second (or less) of one of the other audio clips in the project. I've tried moving everything to a new timeline and to a new project, but it keeps happening at random. 

Yet again, I'm spending more time fixing the bugs that prevent me from working than I am actually doing the work. It's just pathetic from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should advocate for slowing down the release cycle, because it's clearly too much work and it basically means we NEVER have a fully working version of the apps we use for work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been bugging me for years. And I never find a complete solution. Other than try to "Clear All Media Cache" in preference window, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

I think the problem has something to do with how Premiere Pro interpret the source audio.

Machine: MacBook Pro M1 Max

Source File recorded by OBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, The pops/clicks is not shown in the waveform. But you can hear it when preview, and when you export the clip, it's just there for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Will.B,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a solution. Are you still having this issue? If so, please let the team know.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, we need a solution for this.  Please help, pls.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are all having this issue. OP isn't the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These sorts of issuance be flipping hard to nail down. The vast majority of users aren't getting this. So why, exactly, are some users getting it?

If they could replicate in-house it's always easier, but I doubt they have so far. So please, everyone getting that mess, please please please include your complete hardware and media used. Especially if you have an actual sound card, or other specialized audio and or video hardware or software.

Finding some commonality is a key to solving things.

I regularly use OBS and have never had this, so I can't replicate it either. I have no doubt this happens, that's just data from my system. What is the difference?

Ryzen 3960x, 128GB RAM, 2080Ti, no sound card or gaming software or utilities added. BRAW, mov, mp4, some screen recording via OBS, some VO direct in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only know the common factor here is audios recorded from OBS. I don't have a sample media right now. I will be sure to upload it here next time I have the problem.

Macbook Pro M1 Max. OBS 29.04 (64 bit) with nothing changed in Audio setting. 

@Perfect Harmany If you have the media, could you please upload it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines