• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere blew my macbook pro speakers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new 2 month old 15" MBP. I Was working on a project, macbook volume was about on half, when suddenly an audio bug occurred with really loud screatching noise and not letting me pause it. After it stopped, the speakers were really quiet, and after the next restart they're clearly blown. Initially I blamed the hardware, though the same thing happened a day later with my Sony 1000X-M3 headphones, luckily the headphones are ok, but that did give me a heart attack.

The situation is not ok, I am not happy. Adobe customer care chat is ridiculous.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Hi Adobe Community,

UPDATE: Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro that could affect the speakers in the latest MacBook Pro. Adobe has released a patch via the Creative Cloud app to help address this issue. Please update to 13.0.3. 

Thank you,

- CM

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt. I was quick to cast all the blame on Adobe but sounds like the T2 chip is the common thread in all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how long will it take to ship the update? doesn't sound like a week-fixing bug to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem when working in Premiere Pro.  It happened in december.  MBP 2018 MR942 mojabe, apple still repairing my mac( I'm still in shock as the two large companies admit this and do not solve the problem in any way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually up in this thread one of the engineers was 1) acknowledging a problem 2) asking for data from specific affected users and 3) stating they are working on finding and fixing the problem.

Given that it is nearly limited to Apple's with T2 chips on certain OS releases, it may or may not be something Adobe's staff can completely fix. I don't know what if anything Apple is doing.

But hopefully the Pr engineers can do something to at least knock it way down if not fix. And that as soon as may be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - At least put out a message to alert all customers of this issue, whether it is you or Apple's issue. Adobe CC gives me notifications of all the live streaming events and Behance stuff that I don't care about.

Now I'm sitting here with blown speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also communicate with Apple ... the T2 chips are nearly the totality of the affected units, and Pr is not the only application that has been reported having troubles with T2 chipped Apple rigs.

At least, Adobe is public in trying to fix things as much as they can from their end.

Heck of a mess.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, how come none T2 chip MacBook Pro 2017 has a similar issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue. But this issue is virtually only on T2 equipped Macs, and has been listed on Mac forums involving several apps. Loud noises, pops, rapping, dropouts, to seemingly complete destruction of speakers.

It's not apparently on every T2 equipped rig, or the Adobe Pr, Ae, and Au staffers would have been on it before. They are heavy Mac users.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just blew my 2018 touchbar MBP speakers Same thing as everyone. If I had earphone, my ears would have blown too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would add that my speakers are completely shredded. Rattling sound. Muffled. Useless. All while using Premiere's clarity setting on Essential Sound. So much for a Mac that is not even two months old; hopefully it can be fixed by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got back my MacBook after being repaired by Apple. The whole keyboard area, including speakers and touchbar, was replaced.

So is it safe to use Premiere Pro again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading the thread, I would just like to report that this is still an issue.

It just happened to me recently. Last Saturday, Feb 16. I was using Adobe Premiere Pro. When I hit the spacebar to preview, a loud, screeching sound suddenly blasted my MacBook Pro speakers. It took a few seconds to stop even after hitting the mute icon on the Touchbar.

I immediately scheduled an Apple Genius appointment for Sunday, Feb 17 and they recommended that the top case should be replaced. They will call me within a few days once the parts are delivered. The repair is free because the machine was only purchased a few weeks ago.

Adobe or Apple, I am not sure who is to blame. But I am anxious that this might happen again after the repair.

Hardware & OS:

15-inch, 2018 Macbook Pro

MacOS Mojave version 10.14.3

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20 480 MB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Adobe Premiere

Version 13.0.2 Build 38

P.S. I am not very impressed with this MacBook Pro. Not the same way I was impressed with my 2011 MacBook Pro - still working and had way fewer issues than this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent my macbook pro into the apple store a month ago because of this exact issue. I changed the Audio Hardware output to "external headphones", applied a DeNoise audio effect to an audio clip. And a crazy screeching noise blew my speakers.  Just 10 minutes ago it happened again. This laptop was purchased in January 2019 from apple and within two months needs two blown speaker repairs. This is OUTRAGEOUS! This laptop is my livelihood. This is unacceptable.

Premiere blew my macbook pro speakers​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto and agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine many of the people experiencing this issue use their computer and software for a living.  Adobe and Apple will say they care, but they won't put any value where their mouth is.  I was told my computer will be out for a week for the repair.  I can't even consider that for another few months.  But I'm also waiting to see if they can fix the root cause first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The increasing costs and decreasing reliability of this stuff makes me sick.  My 2012 MacBook Pro is still kicking just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is getting a bit stupid. One vague update after another. I appreciate your help but you are not offering much… I am currently working with 2 laptops, my new one with external speakers plugged in - just in case - and my old slow one to make audio edits... trasfering files back and forth... so while you’re giving vauge updates, I’m working for an hour to get something that should take 3 clicks and 5 minutes.

I’m guessing you are not allowed to blame Apple publicly - wink if it’s Apple - if its thier fault then the people here who are as frustrated as I am can shift our focus on Apple...

Please help! I bought an expensive computer that was newer and faster so I can work quicker and get things done not transfer files between computers and publish to forums.

I‘m paying attention and waiting and to see an actual software update from Adobe and/or Apple - a vauge update is almost more frustrating than non.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... the speakers of my macbook pro 15 2016 are completly HS, the sound that comes out now, is really bad with glitch....

I pay 60€ per month as a professional editor to use ADOBE software.... There we have a HUGE PROBLEM and really very dangerous for our computers.... Hurry up and fix it! and get organized to take care of your users' repairs!!!!

Create a web page so that we can testify and list all the people who have problems, and help them!!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!! Come on Adobe !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already stated my specs but here's a screenshot.  Consumer outrage is also entirely appropriate and helpful here.  The condescension I got from support reps on the phone back in November was beyond anything posted by users here... "we don't know what your talking about, there are some sounds you can't play out of your computer, user error".  We pay them more and more and they QC less and less.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 12.24.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're unaware,  the Pr engineers are mostly Mac folks first, though quite capable in PCs also. Their own personal gear is frequently Mac, and if you see them with a laptop at NAB or MAX or anywhere, it's undoubtedly a Macbook.

So between whatever beta system they have and their own gear let alone the Adobe owned rigs they work on, there's a fair number of Mac rigs involved.

And it seems none of the rigs they use were "early" responders to the T2 chip debacle, for whatever reason. So ... are you expecting omniscience or something?

It's apparently not every rig with a T2, just some subset of them. Why? What actually puts a T2 Macbook into this mess? Is it totally hardware issues, hardware coupled with X and Y but only if Z is set to Q?

What?

As this caught both Apple and the Adobe digital video app folks by surprise it would seem doubtful that it is an obvious common set of circumstances.

And of course for anyone hit with this it's an atrocious mess. Period.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen​: respect, but seriously, if you don't know, speculation (or worse, posturing) doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No posturing and as far as what was in the post above, no real speculating. I've talked with enough Adobe engineers in person, and have seen what they use personally ... they're mostly Mac folk by primary and personal tools. And ... they nearly all are editors in their own right. So there's no real speculation there at all ... if they're caught by surprise, and are asking for data from users (as the engineers have in this thread) it's because probably can't replicate in-house or on their own rigs.​

And clearly not every rig with a T2 is having the issue, but apparently everything having the issue has a T2.

I don't know what other speculation you're concerned with. Basic trouble-shooting 101.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before I think they should definitely compensate the folks who are affected by this mess. It's costing us a lot of time and money because of their Bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a terrible experience with customer service at Adobe last night. I was on a two hour chat on the website because it was taking so long for them to respond. And then I called in only to be told that they had no idea what I was talking about. They then definitively said that there is no way it is a software issue, and blamed it on the hardware.

Why not just own it?? Say "We know that there is an issue and our engineers are looking into it." Don't flat out make statements you cant actually back with facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say customer chat/phone help from Adobe isn't among the industry leaders. As you may have noted. Wow, the tales ... ah well. Kevin Monahan, the long experienced editor/former FCP teacher back in the halcyon days of FCP3-4 or so, and current Product Support Manager for these forums always recommends as SOON as you get a live person in phone or chat support, ask for the Video Queue ... because otherwise you get generalists working on a sheet or computer screen. From the comments of many who've posted here, the information those generalists have in front of them may not even be particularly current.

And if you actually read through all the posts of this thread, yea, the engineers have been on here 1) acknowledging they're trying to run this down and 2) asking for data and contacting some users directly for information. Which indicates they're working on fixing this. I don't know if they will be able to by themselves without Apple assistance in firmware or something, nor of course when any fix they might come up with is to be made available.

But it ​has​ been acknowledged by the engineering team for Pr.

And lastly ... if there's an issue with ​some​ gear, but ​only​ those bits of gear all of which use a particular bit of hardware ... and it can happen with several different sofware programs on that gear  ... then logic does indicate a large possibility that there is a hardware/firmware issue as at least part of the trouble. And/or the manufacturer of the hardware left out some important bits when communicating with potential vendors of software for their gear.

As ... again ... this isn't an Adobe-wide issue, or even an Adobe-specific issue, but an issue completely contained within a subset of Mac rigs with T2 chips. And I completely sympathize with those suffering from this, as it's a completely unacceptable problem.

I hope the Adobe guys & gals can get something out to the users to get around this ... if they can. And that right fast. And for those affected, I hope the manufacturer of the gear you're using stands behind their gear. Period.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines