• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 Playback Delay after pressing the Play button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous version of Premiere when i Press Space it starts immediately playng.

In CC 2018 it starts after nearly 1 second with MERCURY ON and immediately if disabled.

Z620 32GB K4000 

CPU: DUAL 2640

iNSTALLED VARIOUS VERSION OF GRAPHIC CARD DRIVERS.

INSTALLED ON A FRESH INSTALLED WINDOWS AND AGAIN THE SAME THING.

IT DOES THIS WITH ANY FILE FORMAT OR SEQUENCE TEMPLATE.

PLEASE!

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This issue is now fixed on my system with the 12.0.1 update to Premiere. Thanks Trent Happel​ and team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cache files aren't an issue as this occurs even if you right click in your project, Black video, add that to a new sequence. Playback is delayed on black video. That's not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting cache did not resolve here either. Seems to be isolated to CUDA as

MPE.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 12:55 PM jeffb94256237 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an issue with playback using GPU (CUDA, OpenCL, Metal) renderers that has been resolved in 12.0.1, that is now available.

Additional information on new features in 12.0.1: New features summary for the January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trent. I’ll check it out tomorrow morning. It would be great to see

a log of fixed issues as well. Does that exist?

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 12:43 AM Trent Happel <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go: Fixed issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome, thanks Trent!

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM Trent Happel <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 12.0.1 version, but still having the same issues. The video takes 1-2 seconds to start, then the audio drops out after another 2-10 seconds (seems random). Sometimes I get weird clicks, fuzz, or pops in the audio during playback as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have version 12.0.1 and am still having the same issue.  I'm not sure what this tells us but I've noticed that if I Disable the Audio attached to my video everything acts normal: playback is instant, I can scrub though no problem.  But the moment I enable it everything starts lagging again in my Timeline.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.51.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FInally! Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is now fixed on my system with the 12.0.1 update to Premiere. Thanks Trent Happel​ and team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news to hear! Thanks for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version, the problem is STILL occuring, but at less of a frequency. Originally, there would always a be a delay, but after the update, the audio delay appears to happen about one out of every two times. Usually it will happen the first time, but then when I try to preview it a second time, it will work. This makes it a gigantic pain to edit. I don't really see why Adobe isn't making this fix the number one priority on their radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. And Dynamic Link with AE is lagging and crashing all the time. Thinking seriously about leaving this platform. Adobe does not do homework and every update gets worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed as fixed here also. Who would have ever guessed such a small problem could create such a huge mess? I'm glad they resolved it though, as I'm sure many others are as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, thank you for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is definitely not fixed. I just upgraded to 2020 and it's still happening. 

This wasn't happening like a week ago on 2019. My machine is geared out to the teeth yet premiere pro still underperforms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this but also while editing I have to mostly tap my command like spacebar, TWICE, before it registers!  Its as if there is a delay in the response to the keyboard commands.... Did not experience this in 2017 but with the new update it started happening....

Sick and tired of paying to be Adobe's guinea pig for their Beta versions. We are professionals, gives us professional tools.  Also, as a side note,  why does your programs run better only after I kill all the tons of your unnecessary background processes related to creative cloud, eating up all my memory....??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is supposedly fixed in the latest update. Have you installed the 12.0.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, updated .   Still bloody persisting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start a brand new project, create a new Bars and Tone, create a new sequence from that, does the issue manifest itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having these issues even with the upgrade 12.0.01 version. Every single time something plays the audio begins immediately and the video starts about a second later. It's incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out the issue! My bluetooth headphones! Once I unlinked from Bluetooth it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Nope. Bluetooth is off, but play/pause lag came back.

Thanks so much for your post chrisb99204549! I was having the play/pause lag even with 12.0.1 (Build 69).  Turned off my bluetooth in the menubar, and play/pause works as it has in the past. Though my bluetooth mouse, of course, is now a paperweight.

MacPro5,1

OS 10.12.6

96 GB RAM

2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a bluetooth device to test this, but if you turn bluetooth back on and check the following settings, make sure all of your Audio input/output settings are not bluetooth connected. See if that makes a difference.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 3.05.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff... Good thought, but no bluetooth audio over here.Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.19.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines