• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the app, and restarting my computer.  No luck.  I get the error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." when I open the program from the windows start bar.  When I try to launch the app from the creative cloud app (3.41.181) nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 desktop computer 64 bit OS

8 Gb of ram

ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with lastest drivers (15.11.1) from AMD

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Premier Pro worked just fine yesterday, although I was no longer able to select the accelerate with GPU option when I started a new project.

Other Adobe apps like Lightroom and Audition open just fine.

What should my next course of action be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi Travis A,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

What should my next course of action be?

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 182 Replies 182
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I hope this helps you: Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite opening the link (in Opera/Firefox/Chrome) with no special protections, I am unable to download the 9_LS20 installer. It appears that I have the same problem with the latest version of PP, but Windows only provides the arcane hex code error message. I don't have any process or coprocessor drivers that can be rolled back on this, and have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud. I'm still stuck with an unusable editing system. If this is on AMD at this point, is there a ticket that we can follow with them for updates? I'm completely dead in the water at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kev,

I also had same error (0xc0000142) and the downgrade to the previous version worked great! I resently updated CC last week around Dec 1st and started giving me the error. Thanks for the tip!

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very helpfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To roll back to the version before last, make sure the newest version is still installed (ie. if you uninstalled it and went back to cc2014, this won't work).  Then go down on the app list until you see Find Additional Apps.  Click on Filters & Versions, and then click View Preview Version (see attached picture).  From here you can choose the last CC2015 version... the latest version before today's update.  This worked for me, so I hope this helps.adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rogerlngram.  This worked.  I will work with the previous version of Premiere for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH RogerIngram - The screenshot and instructions really helped.  Man.... was down for a few days and have projects to complete. Back up and running.

Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger,

I am using cs6 on an FX6300 with 8gb's of ram.

I am experiencing a similar issue, premiere will start the exe, give the splash screen but now change, no indication of activity until you get the standard windows "This program is not responding" crap. Every other program from my CS6 Master collection operates normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger thanks for the workaround... it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with CC 2015.1 crash.

I downgraded to the previous release, following your instructions, and it works!

Hope Adobe will fix this bug.

Thanx again

KK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look for previous versions, the only thing showing is Adobe Bridge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

When I look for previous versions, the only thing showing is Adobe Bridge...

This article should help you if you wish to revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank the techs at Adobe for assisting me with installing earlier versions of PP and AE. Everything is back and running and I will walk softly until there is a fix announced for the AMD processor issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too have had to talk to the Online Support about the "Application error 0xc000142", and they suggested the roll-back to Premiere V9.02 also.
Imagine the uproar if it had been Intel based issues, omg. These forums would have melted down into goo.

Still not happy that the Adobe programmers "forgot" that there are 100's if not thousands of customers who still use AMD based architecture PC's and that it's not realistic to ask people to go and buy brand new PC's just to use the only 2 programs that don't work.

All they need to do is that quick little check at app startup to see what architecture is available, and hey presto, only use appropriate codecs etc.

Rolling back and then waiting for the fix.

Of course, can always use a competitor's program to get the job done if they don't fix it. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, was able to open the program, however, nothing can be imported, says there's no audio or anything else. Or tells me the file is damaged or not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RogerIngram, you made my day. Great to get back to CC 2015 one version before the last update. Now I can sit back and relax and let the Adobe/AMD Guys do their job. - The better have an idea soon. And don´t tell me I have to buy a new Computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankb96100566 wrote:

Thanks RogerIngram, you made my day. Great to get back to CC 2015 one version before the last update. Now I can sit back and relax and let the Adobe/AMD Guys do their job. - The better have an idea soon. And don´t tell me I have to buy a new Computer

Its all on Adobe, not AMD, this not a new CPU and Adobe Premiere and After Effects worked perfect before the updated. instead of spending so many resources on many worthless mobiles app, they should spend a little more in testing. I don't mind Adobe trying to expand their products portfolio but please can you take care of the programs that professional actually use and the reason why we are paying a monthly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RogerIngram wrote:

To roll back to the version before last, make sure the newest version is still installed (ie. if you uninstalled it and went back to cc2014, this won't work).  Then go down on the app list until you see Find Additional Apps.  Click on Filters & Versions, and then click View Preview Version (see attached picture).  From here you can choose the last CC2015 version... the latest version before today's update.  This worked for me, so I hope this helps.adobe.PNG

Rolling back to Premiere Pro CC 2015 version 9.0 worked for me and I am able to work on my project for now.  Thank you for this tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, amd phenom II x6... Doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. AMD X4, Windows 10

How soon do you think this'll get fixed? I've got deadlines that this totally just screwed. Anyway to revert? I tried installing an older version via CC app, but now my project file is incompatible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is dealt with quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. AMD Phenom II X6 processor. Same crash error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the same processor. Affects Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder, the last opens but crashes after a minute.

Hope Adobe gets a solution soon... For now, i´m back to previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here AMD Phenom II X6 processor, I have to go back to 9.0.2 for Pr and 13.5.1 for Ae

All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines