Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, with Resolve, you can't really change the workspaces ... so that fixes that problem!

Oh, you can't change the mappings of any control surfaces either ... like my Tangent Elements panel. Which is half-unused at all times in Resolve. As are all other outside kit, as their model is to provide the software cheap and get you to buy their hardware.

Which is fine ... it tends to be good kit, for instance I love my BMPCC4K ... it's just a different model. The user has far fewer options. Now ... the color control options, as that started as a color correction app ... are wondrous.

But I don't like the UI nor the editing process there. Some good friends totally love both. To each their own, naturally.

These apps are all fancy hammers. Just tools. Use whatever gets the job done.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same problem. The project window jumping to another workspace group, leaving it's saved spot from the previous day. I've noticed this since about 2018. I'm finally making an effort to sort it out. It's 2022. I'm currently using 15.4.0 (Build 47) and it has followed me through many builds.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines