• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derjis  wrote

HawkMM   wrote

Adobe has the WORST quality control of any software company I have ever experienced. EVERY software update you have released in the past year has had MAJOR issues causing countless hours of customer frustrations. Thanks again for killing our productivity.

I've been curious about this for years; @Kevin-Monahan, do you guys do, like, any QA testing at all before you push these updates...? The feature where you permanently deleted users' media when they had their media cache saved next to originals was bad enough, but a widespread bug where users can't even launch the app? How on earth does that get through QA........?

I'm sure we could do this literally all day, but you're forgetting a few golden gems:

Lightroom 6.2 fiasco

Let's re-write our software to call SSE 4.1, but not actually test the CPUs listed on our requiremen...

Honestly not surprised at all.  We don't update now for at least 6 months...sucks if you have clients that force the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, but this is not true. try to focus and narrow down the

causes that are the main reason for your problems. It is normal that all companies

create their first updates as 'beta'... wait a bit before hitting that update button,

otherwise, hitting update means you are ready to embrace the risks. Premiere Pro

is now a huge software with so many capabilities, sound, motion graphics, team workflows,

and all those strenuous parameters into the platform unlike any other NLE that focus on few things.

Adobe wants to deliver the most for their clients, that is why these forums were created, to help

Adobe in their really huge efforts that will take them maybe thousands of years without the

comments from clients and the discussions between professionals on the forums.

There is one issue that really bothers me now ... the libraries still not 100% active inside premiere pro !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carlosz13485882  wrote

I understand your frustration, but this is not true. try to focus and narrow down the

causes that are the main reason for your problems. It is normal that all companies

create their first updates as 'beta'... wait a bit before hitting that update button,

otherwise, hitting update means you are ready to embrace the risks. Premiere Pro

is now a huge software with so many capabilities, sound, motion graphics, team workflows,

and all those strenuous parameters into the platform unlike any other NLE that focus on few things.

Adobe wants to deliver the most for their clients, that is why these forums were created, to help

Adobe in their really huge efforts that will take them maybe thousands of years without the

comments from clients and the discussions between professionals on the forums.

There is one issue that really bothers me now ... the libraries still not 100% active inside premiere pro !

We're talking about a seemingly widespread bug where the program in question won't even launch, though. Like, I can understand glitches involving obscure codecs and unusual use-cases -- they can't test for every eventuality -- but, I mean, did Adobe QA not even bother trying to launch the app before pushing the update.....? I just... I... I can't even wrap my head around that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An X.1 update is NOT be a "beta" version of the software. I might understand if this were a completely new version, but this is only supposed to be small additions and updates, along with bug fixes to the X.0 version.

In addition, users expect a major, experienced company like Adobe to make sure that they don't release severely buggy updates that break even the most basic functions that have existed for years - especially mature apps like Premiere Pro (which I've been using since version 5.5).

Also, we should get what we pay for - which is quite a lot of money per month! At the very least, Adobe should test its software before releasing it to its purchasers. Or at the very least, make sure that the app starts when you try to open it up!

The Creative Cloud bundle is not some version 1 freeware downloaded from C|Net - it's a mature software bundle that should work when I need it to. I - and others here on this forum - don't have the time to fix Adobe's bugs for them. And I don't need a lecture on how I shouldn't feel "frustration" when a simple update makes an app that worked just fine the day before now crashes at startup. My clients wouldn't accept that excuse, and I don't either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems in the latest update, that means there is nothing wrong with the update.

Check your systems, your GPUs, duno, there is something wrong with people experiencing problems.

The only problem I faced with the latest update is that it did not appear in my ACC app, until I uninstalled

both premiere and after effects cc 2018 and 2017.1.2 as well. Then I was able to see the download button

again, I downloaded and all apps are working fine and starting normally without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, talk about idiotic statements. "It works on my machine, so it must be everyone else's fault." You definitely win the a-hole prize of the day. You don't even say what operating system you're using. I'm guessing it's Windows 10, though, because the update works fine on my Windows 10 machine. However, my work issued Windows 7 64-bit  laptop is like all of the other posts, it's generally Mac and Windows 7 experiencing the same failure to even effing launch. It's not our fault that Adobe didn't test launching the update on different platforms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HawkMM  wrote

Wow, talk about idiotic statements. "It works on my machine, so it must be everyone else's fault." You definitely win the a-hole prize of the day. You don't even say what operating system you're using. I'm guessing it's Windows 10, though, because the update works fine on my Windows 10 machine. However, my work issued Windows 7 64-bit  laptop is like all of the other posts, it's generally Mac and Windows 7 experiencing the same failure to even effing launch. It's not our fault that Adobe didn't test launching the update on different platforms!

My favorite part is when he claims that he had "no problems" with the update, then, two sentences later, talks about how he had to completely remove both Pr and Ae 2018 and 2017.1.2 in order to get the latest update to even install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and the one called HawkMM, first of all, I am not here posting to ridicule anyone or show off or any of your kids' style thinking !!! This is too bad that you both talk this way. I am here on this forum to help, and I have been replying and helping so many people facing this exact same problem 'after update nothing works'. I did not say about you both or anyone here that they are idiots, so please be respectful to others. Actually I have 2 personal machines and 15 machines in the television broadcast station I work for, all of those did not experience any problems at all after the latest update, and all of them running Windows 7 with service pack and latest GPU driver updates I won't give all details. The machine I needed to uninstall ACC and then reinstall is my Macbook Pro but everything works fine now, it might be something with my ACC app. Sorry I am not ready to loose more time with disrespectful people like you trying to explain this and that, but just for clarification. Did you help the person asking his question here ? at least i told the person that I am experiencing no problems with the latest update so that they know there is nothing wrong with the update itself, what's wrong is the communication of some systems with the latest update, some are experiencing problems and those users think the update is the only trouble, which is wrong.

I have been using Premiere since version 5 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If some people are facing problems, and the majority are not, then it’s idiotic to assume that it’s adobe’s fault and that adobe needs to take action. I don’t see your logic here, but i know that with that level of disrespect you do not belong on adobe forums and I will see tgat this issue will be rectified.

now back to the issue, what might cause the launch to crash? Since I faced that countless times in the past and the problem was always narrowed to:

1- pirated version or updating on a pirated version

2- the existence of outdated plugins or pirated plugins.

how do I know that? I briefly worked in a country where adobe was not available and pirated versions was all they had (or so they told me), so maybe you wanted to go cheap on a plugin or something and it’s preventing your launch. It’s very common in preventing launches.

you need to clean deeper. Both your system and ethics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and the one called Derjis, first of all, I am not here posting to ridicule anyone or show off or any of your kids' style thinking !!! This is too bad that you both talk this way. I am here on this forum to help, and I have been replying and helping so many people facing this exact same problem 'after update nothing works'. I did not say about you both or anyone here that they are idiots, so please be respectful to others. Actually I have 2 personal machines and 15 machines in the television broadcast station I work for, all of those did not experience any problems at all after the latest update, and all of them running Windows 7 with service pack and latest GPU driver updates I won't give all details. The machine I needed to uninstall ACC and then reinstall is my Macbook Pro but everything works fine now, it might be something with my ACC app. Sorry I am not ready to loose more time with disrespectful people like you trying to explain this and that, but just for clarification. Did you help the person asking his question here ? at least i told the person that I am experiencing no problems with the latest update so that they know there is nothing wrong with the update itself, what's wrong is the communication of some systems with the latest update, some are experiencing problems and those users think the update is the only trouble, which is wrong.

I have been using Premiere since version 5 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highway Zero, yeah i misused the word 'beta' what i really meant is for users to finish their projects at hand to deliver before deadline and hit that update button later when they do not have waiting clients, because new updates are always prone to meet trouble not because of the updates themselves but because of other system issues that might be related to other updates or other issues ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!!!!!! Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different problem but trying those solutions anyway as the new update is a mess in windows. really slow.  workspaces move all over.  key commands not working unless i first mouse back time.  rolling back now.  naturally im on a deadline and should have known better to let it upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great - now I cant even roll back because I did work and saved in the new version and the old version wont open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Great news, fortunately, someone has created a site dedicated to down converting premiere pro projects, just upload your current project into link below, it will convert your file to open with any past premiere versions. Then proceed to open the newly created file with your older working version of Premiere Pro (it'll ask you to upgrade the project file which is normal). Works great.

Premiere Project Downgrader - Free prproj Version Convert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to help. Premiere and Encoder won't open after deleting the folders. Lost a days worth of work waiting for adobe tech support. Adobe, you are killing me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat! I can't launch Adobe and I have a dead line. I've done all of the steps indicated, I'm running on a Mac btw. Adobe come on!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same problem, after 12.1 update of PP, apply don't load on windows 7 64bits.

Downgrading in progress.

Fabrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Le,

Please go to Device Manager>Display Adapters and check if you have multiple GPU's like Intel and NVidia or Intel and AMD.

If yes, then disable the intel one by right clicking on it in Device Manager and then try to launch the latest version 12.1 of Premiere Pro.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i've two device, but why could'nt work whith it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still working on it to find more but my best guess is that Intel card may be underpowered to be a primary device for GPU acceleration.

I will keep you posted.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact issue destroyed my edit day, costing me a client. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the users who say nothing worked for them, try running CC Cleaner, restart your system, then re-install the latest Premiere Pro and ME

if you are uninstalling then installing back, don't forget to remove preferences with the uninstall

if it doesn't work, last option to uninstall, then run cc cleaner to remove everything, and install everything from the start including CC app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran CC Cleaner. Restarted. No solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try removing previous versions as well, then install them back again with the new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines