Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest — April 2024

Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newsletter Banner_03.gif
Adobe Premiere Pro Community Digest — April 2024

Welcome to the April edition of the Adobe Premiere Pro Community Digest, where we look back at what happened in the community in April and the beginning of May 2024. We've got a lot of exciting things for you here to check out. 

The latest version of Premiere Pro (24.4.1) was released. Let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to have you join the Adobe Premiere Pro Community!

Featured Content

Check out the most recent blog posts written by Team Adobe members.

Cage_01.jpgBehind the scenes with the Editor of "Arcadian."

UI_01.jpgAdobe After Effects (beta) introduces new 3D workflows and user-requested features in time for NAB 2...

PPro_UI_01.jpgBringing generative AI to video editing workflows in Adobe Premiere Pro

Blob_01.jpgUnlocking creative capability & motion workflows with Substance 3D, After Effects, and Cinema 4D

NAB_01.jpgAdobe Fellows at NAB 2024: opening doors to diverse voices for rich content creation

Adobe Digital Video and Audio News for April and May 2024

Looking back to April and early May 2024, a few exciting events happened that you may want to know about.

NAB Booth.pngAdobe at NAB

Adobe attended the NAB conference from April 14 to 17, 2024. Were you there? Let us know what you saw at the conference and what you liked.

At NAB, Adobe announced its commitment to democratizing AI with recent innovations that deliver powerful generative AI wherever content creators need it. These include significant releases in Adobe Premiere Pro, Frame.io, Adobe Express, and other Adobe applications.

Adobe previewed breakthrough generative AI innovations in Adobe Premiere Pro, revolutionizing video creation and production workflows. Adobe also introduced the next generation of Frame.io, offering a flexible, fast, and intuitive collaboration platform that simplifies content creation workflows. More info on that is below!

These new features are just a sampling of today's releases. Team Adobe is continually reinventing workflows and innovating faster than ever, from new generative AI models to performance enhancements. Adobe is excited for you to explore these updates as they are released in the wild. We can't wait to see what you create!

Adobe Introduces Next Generation of Frame.io
At NAB 2024, Adobe announced its next version of Frame.io, which aims to accelerate content workflow and collaboration for every creative project. Version 4 has numerous new features, including:

• New collaboration workflows:
  • Support for creative disciplines in video
  • Enable collaboration across the content supply chain: Creative Cloud, Workfront, and GenStudio

To learn more about other innovations available with Frame.io V4, visit the Frame.io blog here.

Frame.io V4 began rolling out in beta for free and pro customers across the web, iPhone, and iPad during NAB, arriving in stages throughout 2024. It is planned to launch for Team and Enterprise customers later this year.

NAB Content
Here are videos that Adobe and its community released at NAB. Enjoy!

Best of NAB 2024: The Future of Content Creation with AI

By Frame.io

Adobe Systems (Premiere Pro) at the 2024 NAB Show

By Larry Jordan

NAB 2024: Adobe talks about its new AI features

By RedShark News

Generative AI in Premiere Pro powered by Adobe Firefly | Adobe Video

By Adobe Video & Motion

Adobe Talks About the Future of AI in Premiere Pro at NAB 2024

By No Film School

NAB 2024: Adobe Michelle Gallina (Adobe digital video training program)

By postPerspective

Latest Versions of Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro 24.4.1 was released at the end of May. In Premiere Pro 24.4.1 are new interactive fade handles, AI-powered audio tagging and badges, redesigned FX clip badges, new clip colors and waveform design, text-based editing updates, faster plugin loading time, added hardware acceleration for popular formats, and more.

Complete List of New Features in Adobe Premiere Pro 24.4.1

What's Trending

Calling all Premiere Pro community members! In this section, we'll spotlight the most engaging, thought-provoking, and helpful content from your fellow members. Will your post be next? Please share your ideas, report an issue, join the discussions, and help shape the future of our community and Premiere Pro.

New Release Details

Top Discussions

Top Ideas

Top Bugs

Let's get creative!

Community Meetups

NAB Meetup.pngIt's been around a month since Adobe's NAB Video Community Summit occurred during the NAB conference. If you attended, how did you like the event?

I am super happy that everyone in the community could meet up with one another there. Please comment below if you want to share any stories or details about the event.

Are you interested in attending an Adobe Creative Cloud Video & Audio Meetup in the future? Join Adobe for industry mixers like this, joining post-production pros from feature films, TV, news broadcasting, sports, social media, events, ads, and more.

NAB AE.pngJoin peers, see live demos, ask questions, and get answers from Premiere Pro and Ater Effects experts. Community leaders and Team Adobe members will also be on hand. Learn about the latest techniques using Adobe Video and Audio tools in upcoming events. Don't miss out on these inspiring meetups!

Check out the limitless creative possibilities afforded by our Generative AI platform, Firefly. Other features of the gathering include:

-Networking with Peers: Meet professionals from diverse backgrounds and expand your network in post-production.

-Demos and Q&A with Experts: Learn from the masters behind Premiere Pro and After Effects through live demos and real-time Q&A sessions.

-Connect with Leaders: Engage with creativity and community leaders who are making waves in the industry.

-Sips, Snacks, and Inspiring Projects: Enjoy refreshments while exploring captivating projects that showcase post-production excellence.

-Limited Space, Register Now: Register early to secure your spot at Adobe's Industry Mixers. Here are registration links to the upcoming events

Check out the virtual events below if you cannot attend an upcoming mixer.

Upcoming Events

Here are details about upcoming June events in Chicago, as well as, Frankfurt, and Leipzig, Germany. Mark your calendars and sign up today!

Community Meetup - Chicago.pngVideo Community Summit - Chicago
Calling all filmmakers, video editors, motion designers, and content creators in Chicago! Join Adobe for a memorable night in Chicago, Illinois, on June 5, 2024. Join Team Adobe with speakers and networking opportunities. Register here.

Video Meetup - Frankfurt, Germany
A Video Meetup will be held in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 18, 2024. Team Adobe and your editing colleagues look forward to meeting you then. Register here.

Video Meetup - Leipzig, Germany
A Video Meetup will also be held in Leipzig, Germany, on June 25, 2024. It should be a great night networking with Team Adobe and members of the editing community from the Leipzig region. Register here.

• June 5 - Video Community Summit | Chicago, Illinois. Info here.
  • June 18 - Video Meetup | Frankfurt, Germany. Info here.
  • June 25 - Video Meetup | Leipzig, Germany. Info here.
  • Video Community Online. Watch here.

The NEW Premiere Pro Discord Community!
discord-logo-blue.pngHave you joined the Premiere Pro Discord Community yet? Check out this link and participate in what's becoming a great group of Adobe digital video and audio community members. We can't wait to connect with you there. We'd love to hear about what you find there and hear your ideas about what you want to see in this new community.

Adobe Video and Motion

Adobe Video and Motion is a YouTube channel for all your creative video needs. Find content and tutorials from tools such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Premiere Rush, Character Animator, Audition, and more! Adobe Video & Motion tools provide comprehensive video editing, motion design, VFX, sound, & animation for beginners and professionals.

What Are Adjustment Layers in After Effects & Premiere Pro? | Adobe Video x @filmriot

Discover how adjustment layers function as an editable filter in After Effects and Premiere Pro, helping you speed up your editing workflows. Want to apply a color grade across all your clips? Use an adjustment layer. Need to mask a blurring effect? Use an adjustment layer. Plus, learn how to mass apply Transform properties, aspect ratios, and more.

For the last few months, Adobe has been teaming up with video editing pro and master storyteller Ryan Connolly from Film Riot to teach you all you need to know in Premiere Pro and After Effects. More from Ryan Connolly's series here

Adobe Care

Adobe Care is a YouTube channel for troubleshooting and "how-to" questions about Adobe software. Here, you can find content and tutorials for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and more. My colleague, @caroline_edits, is the genius behind these beautiful videos. She has been doing a great job growing the channel with many helpful video tutorials. Please give her a shoutout by responding in a Reply below.

Audio waveform not showing – how to fix in Adobe Premiere Pro.

There are a few potential solutions for when your audio waveforms disappear in Premiere Pro. These solutions are listed in order of severity – easy fixes first, harder fixes at the end of the video. We hope this short tutorial will help you get back on track!

Adobe Live

Join Adobe's vibrant community of creatives for an engaging daily livestream experience tailor-made to elevate your skill set and cultivate new talents. Adobe Live aims to empower individuals to unleash their full creative potential. See this link to the Adobe Live YouTube channel.

Showcase Your Color Grades for Social Media in Premiere Pro with Afoali Ngwakum Akisa

Take your cinematic coloring and showcase your work on social media. Tune in with vertical content creator Afoali Ngwakum Akisa as she creates unique videos that show off your color correction and grading skills that stand out on social media feeds. Learn how you can leverage tools within Premiere Pro to make thumb-stopping content!

In this segment, you will learn how to:
- Color raw footage from your camera in Premiere Pro
- Come up with creative ways to showcase your color grades for social media
- Create custom transitions to show the difference between unedited and edited footage
- Showcase your work that will grab future clients' attention.

Advanced Techniques for Editing 360º Footage in Premiere Pro with Nick Mitzenmacher

Fully use your 360º footage with these advanced editing techniques in Premiere Pro. Tune in with creative director and content creator Nick Mitzenmacher as he shows you how to take 360º mountain biking footage to the next level. Whether it's GoPro or Insta360, this workflow will show you how to edit up a notch and get creative with your videos while only using 1 camera!

In this segment, you will learn:
- Stitching your 360 footage using plugins
- Find transitions and create match cuts in your footage
- Add graphics to your footage from within Premiere Pro
- Create social assets and cutdowns in 9x16 aspect ratio

Tune in to the Adobe Live playlist for audio and video applications here.

New Audio Updates in Adobe Premiere Pro NOW LIVE! | Adobe Video

Explore the newest advancements in Premiere Pro with the latest audio update designed to elevate your workflow. This update brings interactive clip badges, visual fade handles, and a new look inside Premiere Pro. With more visual indicators and fewer clicks, you can get to a final mix faster than before.

Adobe Community Expert of the Month — Paul Murphy
paulmurphy.jpegPaul Murphy is our featured Adobe Community Expert for digital video and audio this month. I asked Paul to tell us some things about himself, and he wrote this:

Hi, I'm Paul Murphy, a film editor and writer based in Melbourne, Australia. I've been editing with Premiere Pro since the early 2000s and was one of the first editors to use it for feature-length films.

I've been lucky to work on some amazing projects over the years. I edited "Red Obsession" (2013), narrated by Russell Crowe, which won Best Documentary at the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards. Another highlight was "Blind Ambition" (2021), which won the Tribeca Audience Award. My latest project, "Secret Mall Apartment" (2024), directed by Jeremy Workman and executive produced by Jesse Eisenberg, premiered at SXSW.

More recently, I wrote and hosted the podcast series "Cover Up: The Conspiracy Tapes," produced by Sony Music Entertainment, diving into the life and influence of 70s conspiracy theorist John Todd.

In addition to my creative work, I'm passionate about education and love sharing my knowledge of Adobe products and post-production techniques with students and professionals alike. I run a YouTube channel @ThePremierePro, where I provide editing tutorials, and I have training courses on LinkedIn Learning, including the Essential Training for Adobe Audition. I've also provided post-production training and consulting for companies like ViacomCBS, Fox News, VICE, HBO, and Bloomberg.

We appreciate your help in the forums throughout the Adobe community, Paul. If Paul's videos or answers on the forum have ever assisted you, please send him a note of thanks. To contact Paul, click here.

Helpful Links

Community Newsletters

Curious about what's going on with our other apps? Check out these newsletters:

Photoshop | Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | InDesign | FireflyAfter Effects

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait to play with new AI in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't wait to have a go with it again later on. 🙂I have this short I made years ago that I'v been wanting to process and show off at Youtube.  I have it saved on the VHS I made in the early 2000's. The original files are saved on CD. I haven't submitted anything new in YouTube for years. So that's why I never bothered to share my channel. 🤷🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super cool add-ons. I can't keep up with all these new technologies. So Overwhelming. I feel like I am falling behind and AI is pushing me into a hole. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tx for the update. Super excited by the new features!

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines