Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest — December 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_14_Digest.jpg

Premiere Pro Community Digest - December 2022

Welcome to the Premiere Pro Community Digest for December 2022. Let's get started with the community news, and then we can get down to our monthly features. I'll also tell you about some new things happening with Premiere Pro Beta and the brand-new version of Premiere Pro!

Latest News

Small SQ GIF_13.gifHappy Holidays, Premiere Pro community!

As the year comes to a close, I want to express my gratitude for all the help and support you have given the community throughout 2022. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this community, and I hope you have also enjoyed the year.

With the holiday season finishing up, I send my warmest greetings. I hope you had some time to relax and enjoy the company of your loved ones.

I look forward to continuing to work with you all in the new year and seeing what amazing things we can come up with in the Premiere Pro community in 2023.

Adobe Video Meetup on YouTube for December: Animate from Audio

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.29.25 PM.pngWelcome to the Adobe Video Meetup on YouTube for December! We are excited to present Adobe Express: Animation for ALL In a Few Easy Steps this month.

The guest speaker for this presentation was Dave Werner, Lead Designer for the Emmy award-winning Character Animator team at Adobe. Dave has years of experience working with Adobe software and is here to share his insights and tips with our community.

In this session, Dave demonstrates the new Adobe Express Video Quick Action: Animate from audio. This tool allows you to easily create animations using audio input, making it perfect for solopreneurs and small business owners looking to create compelling social media content.

Dave shows off the Character Animator Starter mode, perfect for those just starting with character animation. He will also be demonstrating the Puppet Maker and the new Motion Library, which can help you get your characters dancing and bring your content to life.

Whether you are a beginner looking to learn more about character animation, or an experienced animator looking to brush up on your skills, this presentation has something for everyone. So check out this YouTube live stream and prepare to take your animation skills to the next level with Adobe Express: Animation for ALL In a Few Easy Steps.

News and Blog Posts

Premiere Pro Team News
Check out the documentation for the latest release here. See also these other docs, which should provide additional info for you.

Premiere Pro Bug Reports and Feature Requests are now in Adobe Forums

AdobeStock_314829742.jpegIt's been a month since the User Voice migration began, and it's going well. All new bugs and ideas are starting to fill in the forums. The full migration of legacy User Voice posts has not yet been completed. Please allow a few more weeks for the team to finish the prep work.

We ask your patience as we migrate those posts to the new locations. Check out this article for more information about the migration: FAQ: Migration of User Voice to Support Community.

For Bugs, you can now file here.
For Ideas, you can now file here.

Premiere Pro Team Blog Posts

No new blog posts this month. Sorry. You can, however, view the latest blog posts. For all the latest Adobe tech news, including Adobe Video and Audio teams, place this link on your regular list of places to visit.

Premiere Pro Team Blog Posts

Here are the latest blog posts.

What's new?

Small SQ GIF_08.gifPremiere Pro Beta

Check out the latest Beta to discover what's next for Premiere Pro. More info here

Premiere Pro Beta has new features under review this month. Preview the details in these posts. 

View these recent discussions. You can also stop by to upvote features or file bugs with a new feature in the Premiere Pro Beta forum. Let me know what you think of these community features.

Premiere Pro Beta documentation is here

Troubleshooting

Small SQ GIF_12.gifTop troubleshooting articles

Issues with any of your projects? First, update to the latest version of Premiere Pro, which might have a fix for those issues. Next, check our list of known issues.

• Non-English characters causing export failure: See this post by Premiere Pro Product Management.
  • Next and Previous Marker navigation failure: See this bug report.
  • NVIDIA drivers Causing Instability: The latest NVIDIA drivers are causing stability and performance issues with some computers. The workaround is to roll back to version 527.xx. If that is not working for you, try 517.xx.
  • Premiere Pro Freezing after opening the Preferences Menu: See this bug report.

Adobe Community Expert Highlight

Featured Adobe Community Expert - Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie

pierre.jpegPresenting our featured Adobe Community Expert for the month, Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie. Pierre-Etienne has been a community member for over 17 years, written over 13,542 posts with many "Likes," and accepted solutions from users like you. Pierre-Etienne and I chatted, and he told me he was featured in the DI community previously. He gave me that article to share with you.

"Hi, I'm Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie, also known as PECourtejoie, or even sPECtre online. One can describe me as a Photoshopaholic unanimous from Belgium! Since I grew up in the 80's, personal computing was difficult to avoid. I played video games at my grandfather's shop, but I had an Amiga at home, which led me to learn English by myself to understand the Amiga magazines from England. I joined a Fine Arts school, where Amiga and Deluxe Paint IV were used, but in the corner of one of the classrooms, I saw a Mac with Photoshop 2.5 installed... Unfortunately just for teachers to dabble with! Through friends, I discovered a school that used Ps 3.0 (with LAYERS!), taught silkscreen printing, basic 3D, drawing, photography, and desktop publishing… So, during the summer, I worked many hours at a student job to save and custom-build a PC on which I could install Photoshop! After completing school in late '99, I upgraded my PC (64 MB RAM, incredible!), got internet, and searched for tutorials about filters to create all kinds of textures and effects. Most of the sites had forums, which I immediately joined, and the Adobe Forums, where Adobe engineers hung around! I read everything I could, asked questions, read answers, and quickly started answering them, thanks to what I had read elsewhere. I noticed that one learns faster by answering.

On the Adobe User forums, I compiled the first Camera Raw FAQ, which led me to moderation rights there and opened the door to prerelease programs. I was also prolific on Community Help, where we would correct, add, and supplement content. That's how I was invited to become an Adobe Community Professional. When our kids were born, I had to redistribute my time between all my loves...

Nowadays, one of my growing interests is type design, and there are even Photoshop and Illustrator plug-ins dedicated to it! Also, the versatility of After Effects' filters or the Substance procedural textures creation tool seems like what we hoped to get years ago... Mmh, do we need that many hours of sleep? A very long tirade, I hope some souvenirs will resonate for the, ahem, veteran users out there; but especially that it might spark an interest for others to pay it forward, join the forums, help others, and discover that it does also make you grow along the way! Happy pixel pushing!"

We appreciate your professional expertise and presence here on the forums, Pierre-Etienne. The Premiere Pro community thanks you for all your talents and community spirit. Have you ever been helped by Pierre-Etienne? If so, drop him a note if you have time.

To find out more about our Adobe Community Experts, click here.

Learn Something New

Small SQ GIF_09.gifRecommended how-to content

Here are some great "How To" technique threads, videos, and other tidbits you might find compelling. Please let me know if you have a handy tutorial or technique to share with the community.

Finally! Premiere Pro updates we’ve been waiting for… (v23.1)
Channel: Premiere Gal

Learn the First 15 Moves I use in Premiere Pro
Channel: Javier Mercedes

Auto Save in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2022
Channel: Chin Fat

Quickly select all the same clips in Adobe Premiere Pro
By Video Revealed

Featured Content

In researching articles written in December that might interest Premiere Pro editors, I found the following: 

Premiere Pro Best Practices Guide for TV and Episodic Post-Production 

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 8.03.01 PM.pngPremiere Pro Best Practices Guide for TV and Episodic Post-Production can be downloaded here. I can't express how important this guide is for those wishing to succeed in long-form and collaborative efforts in video post-production and Adobe Premiere Pro.

Resources for Remote Video Editing

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 2.07.58 PM.pngIn 2020, I wrote this post about Resources for Remote Video Editing. It was about collaboration using Adobe tools. Since then, we have added Frame.io to the toolset, adding another collaboration layer for editors. If you have a moment, comment on your Adobe collaborative tools experience.

How to Put Video Inside Text in Adobe Premiere Pro 2023

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 6.52.21 PM.pngAdobe Masters strikes again with another helpful tutorial about a "how-to" question we frequently see in the community: How to place video in text. See the article here.

How to Reduce Echo in Premiere Pro: Step-by-Step Guide

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 7.57.14 PM.pngI'm loving the articles that content producer Crumplepop has been putting out lately. Here's a step-by-step guide on reducing echo in Adobe Premiere Pro. This one is by JG McQuarrie. Read the guide here.

Thanks for reading the month's digest; we'll see you in early February for January's retrospective.

Handy Links

Small SQ GIF_11.gifComplete documentation for Premiere Pro 23.1 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Past Digests

Small SQ GIF_14.gifPast Digests

See the Premiere Pro Community Digest Home Page to read past digests from earlier last year, 2021, and 2020.

Newsletters for Other Adobe Applications

After EffectsPhotoshop | Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | InDesign

Premiere Pro Community Digest — December 2022

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who's that guy ? Thank you, @Kevin-Monahan @for the nod!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines