Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest — October 2021

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Community Digest - October 2021

AdobeStock_338298629_sm.jpgWhat's new Premiere Pro Community? Community Digest time for the month of October. Halloween is ahead of us, and it's the traditional "Autumn," the 4th quarter. All the best to all of you in the Fall Season that is here.

Premiere Pro Community: A look back at September and ahead to the rest of October 2021

In the Premiere Pro Community, we began last month with a 2-part online meetup focused on podcasting. (Part 1| Part 2) —please take a look! We finished up the month with the meetups focusing on Lumetri Color. Exciting times are ahead with Adobe MAX on the horizon. There were some informative blog posts that I've highlighted. Special thanks to all that participated in community discussions, as well. Without you, there would be no community.

AdobeStock_345378856_sm.jpgPremiere Pro Team Blog Posts

Back in September, there were some Premiere Pro Team blog posts that were published. These are links to the articles related to Adobe Premiere Pro and some stories from the Premiere Pro filmmaking community. Just a few Team Blog posts overall this month, but worthy of your attention.

Community Meetups

Here's a recap of the 2-part Adobe Video Community Meetup entitled, "LUTs to LOVE about LUMETRI" held on September 29 and October 5. Another 2-parter!

In Part 1, hosted by Adobe Digital Video and Audio Product Marketing Manager, Nakiesha Koss, we had members of the Premiere Pro Team featuring Product Manager, Francis Crossman and Matt Christensen, Quality Engineer. There was also Adobe Creative Resident, Hallease Narvaez lending advice. The special guest was Shawn Craig, Director and Cinematographer, who shared his own techniques with color. Part 2 also featured Francis and Hallease "gettin' geeky" with color. Feel free to watch the replay here and here for Part 2. The next one coming up is tentatively on November 3rd, so mark your calendars now.

LUTs to LOVE about LUMETRI (Part 1)

LUTs to LOVE about LUMETRI (Part 2)

Adobe MAX is coming up soon!
I encourage you to sign up for MAX and begin forming your schedule now. We can discuss this more and help you with links here. MAX is coming, have you signed up yet? Sign up here! Need ideas on courses to sign up for? See this blog post: Video Track Features Sessions at Adobe MAX

Current version: Premiere Pro 2021, version 15.4.1

The August release of Premiere Pro (version 15.4.1) is still the most current one. This release includes bug fixes, like: A fix for an issue where using edit tools on clips can produce flickering in the Program Monitor.  For the update, click the Update button for Premiere Pro to 15.4.1. 

AdobeStock_317225095_sm.jpgLatest Features: Adobe Premiere Pro (15.4.1)

Full documentation on the latest features is here.

Premiere Pro Beta

Have you stopped by the Premiere Pro Beta forum to see what's happening with new features that may have come out. See these recent discussions. Have you used the beta version of Premiere Pro yet? It's very simple to get, Simply download the application from the Creative Cloud application.

AdobeStock_204374929_sm.jpgBeta Features: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

New features are really pouring into Premiere Pro Beta lately. Please download it and discuss the fetures on the Premeiere Pro Beta forum.

Here are the newer discussions begun by the Premiere Pro engineering team.

Discuss: Automatically shut down the computer when the AME render queue is complete 

Discuss: Change Multi-Cam thumbnails and a shortcut to change poster frames now in Beta

Discuss: Resizable RGB Curves in the Lumetri panel

Discuss: Improved Lumetri Video Scopes

Discuss: Log color spaces now available in interpret footage
Discuss: Color Management improvements – H264, HEVC, XAVC-L and XAVC Slog
Discuss: Bars and tone generator with HDR color spaces 

Discuss more here.

AdobeStock_193131761_sm.jpgTop Troubleshooting threads

Issues with 15.4.1? We'll leave the current issues up as all are still with us. Check them out. 

ACP of the Month - gerickpACP of the Month - gerickpFeatured Premiere Pro Community ACP - gerickp

This month's Featured Premiere Pro ACP is gerickp. I wanted to thank him for his assistance to the Premiere Pro community since 2015. 

I asked Gerick to share a bit of his background. He said, "I grew up in Nebraska, and while in High School, I became interested in photography and multimedia production. In college, I learned how to edit 3/4 inch videotape with an Sony RM-450 editing controller. I graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a Journalism degree and focused on my still photography. 

For the next 17 years, I worked for several newspapers in Nebraska and Missouri as a photojournalist and photo editor. While working for newspapers around 2008, I began teaching myself Adobe Premiere Pro. I've been using it ever since.

In 2011, I shifted to the non-profit world, working for a church as Visual Communications Director. There, I'm a photographer, filmmaker, video editor, and motion graphics artist. I also direct multi-camera productions for live streaming. When not spending time with my family, I enjoy photography, collecting antique cameras, and photo books. I also love watching movies, in particular documentary films."

We appreciate you taking the time to help out on the forums and community and for letting us know more about yourself, Gerick. If you have a moment, send a message to Gerick to give him kudos. We are so lucky to have you aboard as one of our top Premiere Pro ACPs!

AdobeStock_266540993_sm.jpgCool New How-to Content

Here are some great new "How To" technique threads, videos, and other stuff you may find interesting. If you have a cool tutorial or technique to share with the community, please drop me a message.

Speech To Text: Search footage fast!
By Emmett Short
Custom Blur Transitions in Premiere Pro
By Video School

Masking for beginners
By Mary Betsy

Easy PowerPoint slides to Premiere Pro
By Video Revealed

That's about it for the Premiere Pro Community Digest for October 2021. Thanks for stopping by and we'll see you next month.

Past Digests

Premiere Pro September 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro August 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro July 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro June 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro May 2021 Community Digest 

Premiere Pro April 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro March 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro January-February 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro Community Digest — October 2021

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great round up Kevin 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines