• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Create captions" not working.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

This is a bug report carried over from UserVoice, started July 26, 2021 (I think version 15.4, PR 2021). When posted here on 1/24/23, it had 36 votes. It was one of various bugs in different versions that shared a symptom of captions not being created from a transcript. From more recent comments in this thread, I am not sure what version users are running and which of the various bugs they are experiencing.

I could not replicate the original bug, but I believe that it was fixed in the PR 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello @Michael Garretson,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for not seeing a resolution here yet. A product team member has responded but has not yet followed up. Are you still having this issue?

If so, the team might need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

Likely, this was fixed in v.22, so I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your inform

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously considering canceling my subscription because its always SOMETHING. We pay too much money to Adobe for these type of inconsistencies to always happen --- Ive been trying to create captions for like 3 hours for a ******* 30 second video -- ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug report carried over from UserVoice, started July 26, 2021 (I think version 15.4, PR 2021). When posted here on 1/24/23, it had 36 votes. It was one of various bugs in different versions that shared a symptom of captions not being created from a transcript. From more recent comments in this thread, I am not sure what version users are running and which of the various bugs they are experiencing.

I could not replicate the original bug, but I believe that it was fixed in the PR 2022 version.

If you comment in this thread, would you please indicate the version of PR you are using? And what particular symptom you get?

Screenshots are not carrying over from UserVoice (or at least did not so far). To see any screenshots, here is the link to UserVoice for this bug:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43854591--create-captions-n...

Edit: 5/2/23 The UserVoice posts are no longer available.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Michael Garretson,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for not seeing a resolution here yet. A product team member has responded but has not yet followed up. Are you still having this issue?

If so, the team might need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

Likely, this was fixed in v.22, so I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

For others on the thread who are still experiencing a similar issue, make a new post. Unfortunately, this one has become a catch-all for generic transcription issues.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines