• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse,

JesseSchluntz wrote:

Okay Kevin Monahan , So you've confirmed that you are in fact in a box over there and can only do so much. I understand. Can you please point us toward someone who can work outside of that box and proactively address this issue?

I'm the support product manager for digital video products here at Adobe. I am the one that addresses issues like this. I've alerted the product team on this issue many times and they say no new bugs have been written since OS X 10.9.4 was released. If I got anyone else at Adobe from above my pay grade on this thread, I'm certain they'd say the same thing. So. Can those folks on this thread still having this issue submit those bugs?

Other than that, there's not much I or anyone else at Adobe can do to address the issue.

Also, my OS never had anything to do with fixing my issue. I had this issue on every Mac OS I've used since getting the new Mac Pro. It was only major hardware replacement that temporarily fixed the problem. I've pointed this out a few times.

I think your case might be unique, as the OS X 10.9.4 update solved the issue for most everyone else having the issue. My personal feeling is that those still having issues after OS X 10.9.4 really need to have their hardware looked at by a certified Apple repair facility.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh...the lines...we had them since day one...turn GPU on ...get em - turn Software Render on - machine is slow but no lines.

Thanks to everyone in here- for all the update ideas, all the permission ideas, etc., all which we tired none of which worked.

However what DID work - was one of two things - both of which Apple had to do - 1. they replaced both graphics boards. 2. they re seated the RAM which they said was not seated perfectly.

It took two months and many good people at Apple and patience on our part but - there a problem, and if you have lines that get burned in -withGPU rendering on - you have it.

It is my belief that something Adobe is calling in the GPU api is not correct  ( or not expected) - but also that Apple changed something in the GPU architecture to fix some4thing, and it worked.

So ...2 months and 5 days later we have no lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

walkerbuzzbell wrote:

Ahh...the lines...we had them since day one...turn GPU on ...get em - turn Software Render on - machine is slow but no lines.

Thanks to everyone in here- for all the update ideas, all the permission ideas, etc., all which we tired none of which worked.

However what DID work - was one of two things - both of which Apple had to do - 1. they replaced both graphics boards. 2. they re seated the RAM which they said was not seated perfectly.

Thanks very much for the report. I'm very glad that this issue is solved for you.

So ...2 months and 5 days later we have no lines.

Awesome!

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After over a month of flawless renders, the lines are back. Freaking ridiculous.

Kevin Monahan , I am sitting on a tower that is currently manifesting the mystery problem this entire forum is about. After 10 months of this issue (with nearly all my major hardware replaced at this point), I'm requesting that you contact apple to arrange transfer of my mac pro to either you or them so you guys can finally work together and figure out this issue once and for all.

... or we can write 506 more lines of useless recommendations to each other

lines again.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

Did you update any of your drivers or OS? Have you updated or installed any new applications or extensions?
Is the issue extensive or a one off?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did every update you asked me to do over the past 10 months Kevin. Software changes never fixed the issue. Nothing suggested by you or other users fixed the render lines issue.

I'm currently on OS 10.9.5 because I refuse to update my OS to Yosemite with Premiere's track record of instability. I'm also using Premiere 8.0 and refuse to upgrade until I have to because of the crazy issues I had with version 8.1.

I've been stable for almost two months and am in the middle of a season of online TV shows. So upgrading anything right now would be a seriously dumb move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Kevin I'm on a crazy deadline and did not take the time to read your post properly. Hasty reply on my end. Let me get my head above water, see how renders go today, and get back to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm new to this issue. MacPro6,1 with dual FirePro D700s running Premiere Pro CC on 10.10.1 (current Yosemite.) No problems working on ProRes only projects for the last 6 months (since I bought the new MacPro and switched to Premiere) but now on my first Premiere project using R3D footage and all of a sudden all my h264 renders are full of these colored lines - whether I go to Media Encoder or Export direct  (it's even happened within a sequence render.) Was outputting ProRes and then converting the ProRes output to H264 with some success but now am getting lines in my ProRes outputs sometimes as well. Only solution so far has been turning off OpenCL in Media Encoder (which is not a sustainable practice for my workflow.)

Please help?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with RED media on Premiere CC, but am running OS 10.9.5. Horizontal lines show up even in my un-rendered sequences sometimes and then disappear if I hold on a frame for a second. When I export media (h264, same-as-source, high bitrate) different horizontal lines then show up in different frames. Very, very frustrating. Should I go to Apple and ask for new graphics cards? No problems with h264 renders in FCP7 or using Compressor. Hard to believe there are this many faulty FirePro cards... Any solutions out there that are working for multiple people (besides disabling the graphics cards)?

-DZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DZ,

sweeteyedz wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue with RED media on Premiere CC, but am running OS 10.9.5.

Did this ever work correctly? Or have you always had the problem?

sweeteyedz wrote:

Should I go to Apple and ask for new graphics cards? No problems with h264 renders in FCP7 or using Compressor. Hard to believe there are this many faulty FirePro cards.

It might not be a bad idea to have your hardware tested by them so you can rule out faulty components.

sweeteyedz wrote:

Any solutions out there that are working for multiple people (besides disabling the graphics cards)?

Not that I know of. The bug was largely fixed with OS X 10.9.4. Relatively few people have the issue, currently.
Which version of Premiere Pro are you running?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan wrote:

Relatively few people have the issue, currently.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

I know it seems like few people still have this problem, because of this thread being stagnate for a bit....or is it because people are just fed up and using software only for renders? I for one have seen the issue remain on my system, but realize that I just have to render out software only for true trustworthy line free renders. Otherwise if I'm in a hurry to get a file to a client, I will use the Open CL option and render out 2,3,4 or however many versions and stitch together the renders where the file is line free. I then use software only render to render out that.....It's a big pain in the butt. So to say that few people have the problem, is that a guess on your part? I'm betting that most people are just doing work arounds. Do you have proof that people have the issues solved? If so, please share. Or are you just saying that because of the lesser comments on this thread? I'm not trying to call you out, I just want to know what the percentage is and what made the issue go away for MOST people....is it just the OS? I think a few people here claim that the issue is only in Adobe, not FCP or other software renders.

Thanks,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I really apologize that this issue is continuing to plague your workflow.

EditorPete wrote:

I know it seems like few people still have this problem, because of this thread being stagnate for a bit....or is it because people are just fed up and using software only for renders?

We know from our internal reporting tools that the bug is not occurring and has not occurred since OS X 10.9.4 was released. In all other cases, I recommend having your hardware tested by the manufacturer. I will update the bug with comments from these threads that the issue is still occurring for some of you. That way it will remain on our radar.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I have one of the first series of new MacPros - a late 2013 3.5 Ghz - 6 core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB of ram from apple and AMD FireProD700s running OS 10.9.5 and I'm using a Apple thunderbolt display and I still have white lines in my sequence windows and in my renders using software rendering or the hardware accelerated open CL render.

If I do multiple renders as I edit it becomes worse and if I clear all the render files sometimes it will work great but most of the time there are a few in the most prominent places - in black - this is before outputting to an H.264 or any other reformat including ProRes or just straight quicktime. Is there a bug fix I could try - my old8 core mac is doing all the render at this time and it takes 2 to 3 hours to render a 5 minute piece in 1080p - it would be nice to use the power of the new mac to do renders. Is there something I can try to further the process of elimination. Thanks - peace.

tim ivy

two rivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

editing247 wrote:

Is there something I can try to further the process of elimination. Thanks - peace.

You might want to consider having a hardware test done at an Apple Service Center.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to join in... I took a chance on Premiere Pro over a year ago for broadcast work and I've now just about had it with this software - the lines in my exports are back, after being dormant for about 3 months. Then a few weeks ago I had a few red frames in my exports(wtf!) - deleting the media cache folders fixed that - but tonight my 52min broadcast master .mxf has the thin line glitches for the last 2 minutes of the file. Now I have to re-export (software only this time - about 3.5 hours) and re-watch it through like a hawk - again. It's late and I want to go to bed. Adobe, please fix exports from Premiere Pro CC on the 2013 MacPro. I never had issues like this back on FCP7. I don't care about fancy features, I want fast, rock-solid export of files from the timeline. For non deadline stuff these glitches means less time with the kids - but for deadline stuff it's death. I'm going to have to look for other options.

MacPro 2013, D700, 32GB RAM, 512GB, Pegasus2 R6 raid - Mac OS 10.9.4 - latest Pr Pro CC

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHCHK Mike - any solution for you? Is this still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WD Vid - Haven't seen the issue for a while... have only been exporting shorter projects lately. Will test in a week or so on a longer edit. I have been getting red frames as well as lines in exports. Like Kevin says, maybe heat is the issue as the times I've seen it are on projects over 20 or so minutes. It's a weird one though - I had a good patch of 3 or so months before the last update where I was issue free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CHCHK,

I have been getting red frames as well as lines in exports.

An off topic comment here:

If you are still seeing red frames, I would recommend transcoding the footage so you don't need to deal with that issue. Then, when the new version comes out, see if you are red frame free. We are working on this problem. The problems is that as soon as we think we've fixed everything, we see new reports of these red frames. Feel free to create a new post if you wish to discuss this issue further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, good to know you guys are working on a fix for this as well as the lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan

I work at a company that has 7 MacPros all of them at sometime or another export those lines. I say at sometime or another because they are not consistently happening between all 7. We export with AME CC2014 using multiple codecs-- h.264, match source- high bitrate, and prores. We then use the AME CC to covert those match source files to .fv4 for our LCMS. The lines show up randomly between all machines and there seems to be no reason for any of them.

I've tried clearing all caches and preview render files that could be associated with the project as well as restarting our computers. The only thing that is guaranteed to work is turning off OpenCL. All our computers are running on either Yosemite or Mavericks (some upgraded and saw the lines, so we stopped upgrading). We are all running on PP CC 2014 the most up to date versions. My computer is running 10.10.1, MacPro late 2013, 3.5 Ghz 6 core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB of ram, AMD FirePro D500.

We like many of the other people on this thread work on deadlines. These lines aren't going away, lots of people are having this problem, and your idea to have Apple check my hardware is a bit insane as I'd have to take 7 MacPros to the service center and stop work on all our projects-- about 200 videos.

I have been following this thread and trying every thing that's been mentioned and finally decided to chime in to say that 7 MacPros are all having the same problem so it's not just a few people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OP,

OPENPediatrics wrote:

All our computers are running on either Yosemite or Mavericks (some upgraded and saw the lines, so we stopped upgrading).

Is it safe to say that you're all on OS X 10.9.5, or later?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin Monahan,

All our computers are running on OS X 10.9.5 or later but my current computer doesn't export any lines with the AMD FirePro D500 card. All the others are exporting lines with the AMD FirePro D700.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.9.4 build 13E19. That's a beta Version of 10.9.5 and rendering works on D700s. Heureka. Since installing this beta i only updated the adobe CC apps.
Rendering is fine, fast and i'm happy.
BUT Finder is crashing one time a day, WLAN doesn't run smooth, external HDs fail to mount after sleep-mode. All beta related stuff, but rendering works.
I've been waiting since August/September 2014 with updating to 10.9.5 or EVEN Yosemite, because i wanted to be sure that D700 graphic cards, openGL and Adobe software is compatible.
What i see right here on adobe forum the last 6-8 months is a shame. Shame on you Adobe Service! JesseSchluntz offered perfect solutions to fix the issue and you just denied to do anything.

I would be happy to get any new info about full compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm another user experiencing issues using OpenCL on the 2013 MP.

I'm currently on the Latest version of Yosemite; I've also tested Premiere CC and 2014 (all versions) in both Mavericks and Yosemite and I get the same issues.

I also have a rMPB using Nvidia/CUDA which doens't have any problems at all.

I am only experiencing this using ADOBE software; no other video applications are giving me GPU/OpenCL errors I've also taken my 2013 MP to Apple and had them run diagnostics which showed nothing was problematic.

Here's the Console message when launching Premiere and AME on my 2013 MP:

1/31/15 7:30:23.749 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.2 instead of 10.10.2. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f193d9b ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff86d08c13 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff86d08b26 dispatch_once_f + 117

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 3   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f13c3ca _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 987

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff8f13bfb7 Gestalt + 144

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 5   GPUFoundation                       0x000000010121c423 _ZN2GF10InitializeEbbbPvS0_ + 771

1/31/15 7:30:23.751 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: 6   DisplaySurface                      0x0000000100017b2d _ZN2DS14GPUSnifferMainERSoj + 317

1/31/15 7:30:23.772 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

1/31/15 7:30:23.772 PM GPUSniffer[1871]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomorrow marks the 1-year anniversary of me beginning this thread. I've had 3 major hardware replacements, many suggestions from Adobe, but am still getting the occasional render looking like this:

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.22.01 PM.png

Guys, seriously? A full year, 534 posts, and still no fix? This is beyond insane...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines