Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Essential Graphics templates created in AE

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Latest licensed Premiere and After Effects is installed

When attempting to use an Essential Graphics template I create in AE, in Premiere I get the following error message:

I am able to use the built-in templates in Premiere without issue.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

I think I figured it out.  It appears that you are using the root directory of a drive for Media Cache, which is not supported by AE.  It's possible to get into this state because PR and AE share the same cache directory.  And if you migrated your AE preferences when updating to 14.2, AE will use the root directory settings from the older AE preferences.  That is the actual problem, which results in the failure to use the (.mogrts) in PR.

We'll look into changing that behavior.  In the mean time,

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to burst the bubble of this is solved but this is still not working for me...

I created an assest in after effects saved it out opened it in PP and it still comes up with the original error.

I changed the location of my cache files to a new folder in my documents. What am i doing wrong?

THankyou you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have only one drive, I would suggest making an "Adobe" folder on the drive, then a subfolder for say "Cache Files" and then another sub of that for telling the Adobe programs (PrPro, Ae, Audition etc) where to put your cache/cache database/pek files.

If you've got two local drives, I'd still leave them there.

If you've got three local drives, with one a newer SSD, I might put your cache drives on a drive other than your OS drive, BUT ... in a folder arrangement as above. Makes them easy to manage.

If you're in a group environment, where cache files need to travel, then they need to be in a Cache folder tree on the drive that has your projects/media that travels.

My 2 US cents ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the disk cache as stated on Adobe forum. And the problem persists.  Can you do a tutorial on how to change the cache in the right way so that we can use the file? When I change the cache for premiere it also CHANGES IT for After effects!! 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys using CC2018? I used to have the same issue with CC2017 - all good now with CC2018.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I got one word for ADOBE - can you say (boondoggle)

Ive spent over an hour today and yesterday just screwing around with this issue.

Then to have someone at the end of the thread say its all good with CC2018

?? Where the heck is cc2018
I tried setting the adobe after effects to a spare ssd drive that i not on my os see pic

what makes all this laughable and tragic is we are in the 21st century and this bug error seems so 20th century especially when its been happening since may of last year.

Also all the MOGRTs that Im using are coming from the adobe stock page! Even more tragic.

Someone at adobe either needs to loose there job and or someone needs to do there job.

Sorry but this is ridiculous.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.53.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.49.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 is the latest version for AE, PPro, Audition etc etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe in your country or with a business account. Its not showing up for teachers and or students. I only see 2017 in adobe creative cloud application. So not sure why there is no 2018 offering for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEE WHAT I MEAN>>>>>
Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 8.56.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's rather common for the CC Desktop app to get muddled. Using the User Controls/Preferences section (upper right icons of the CC App header bar) sign out of your CC account, reboot the computer, and sign back in. That often fixes the problem.

If that doesn't, download the CC Cleaner Tool from the link provided, use that to uninstall & cleanup the CC app, then reboot, then download/install a fresh CC Desktop app. It should get your 2018 options showing.

Neil

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should get in touch with your Adobe Sales Representative or contact Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here, none of my cache folders are in non-root directories. Has this been solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the newest version premiere pro cc 2019 and i face same problem. i installed trial version of ae but it didn't help.

any ideas how can this be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve this issue by removing third-party plug-ins. In Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0. As a backup, make a copy of the MediaCore folder in this same directory (just name it MediaCore_backup or similar). Delete all files from the MediaCore directory. Restart Premiere.

You can then copy plug-ins from the backup directory to MediCore one-by-one to try and determine which one is causing the issue.

One other thing you might want to try... with the most recent version, I noticed that some of the default panels in Premiere didn't work quite the way I thought they should (specifically Graphics). Creating new panels with the same stuff as the originals seems to have taken care of that.

Good luck!!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I managed to solve this issue;) In my case the problem wasn't in third party plug-ins but in old version of Adobe CS. I delated all traces of CS5 and things started working me. You suggestion kind of pushed me in this direction. Thank you;))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else still stuck on this issue. Took about 30 minutes of googling before I found a random video with the solution. 

Make a copy of the .mogrt file, then change the extension to .zip. Unzip file and you'll get an AE file called project.aegraphic. Change the extension again to .zip, extract, and you will have the original AE file. I was then able to open it in AE and then save it out as a motion graphics template for using in Premiere. This saved me a lot of drama, and from installing a newer version of Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sonjah,

I purchased 8 .mogrt files yesterday and I've encountered the problem on this thread.

When I try your method, it just tells me that the file type is not supported in After Effects.

Could you possibly provide screenshots of the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winstan,

Where are your Premiere and Ae cache files located? As noted in the original post, if in a folder directly on the root of a drive that can be problematic, having them a second folder 'down' in a folder-tree can fix that issue.

Second ... who did you purchase the mogrts from? And which number-dot-number versions of Premiere and Ae do you have? As in Premiere Pro 14.0.4 and Ae 17.0.5 ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might as well be a different language.  Can you provide a step-by-step solution?  I've tried googling phrases in your answer and am coming up short.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem apears after I updated the OS system and Adobe programs

I have the latest version of Premier 22.1.2 and AE 22.1.1 and have this problem with just one .mgrt file (others work without this problem). (and worked properly before updates) I even tryed to export it form AE as a .mgrt file and problem still there.
What can I do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share that via a CC Library for others to test?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Question about the Premier PRO program. The question is that when adding downloaded or created texts through essential graphics. The program freezes at 15% and nothing can be done about it. Standard presets work but they are very poor and not beautiful. I tried to put different versions from 18 to 22. everywhere the same error. Updated the driver, removed all previous versions of the program. I'm attaching the screenshot. I downloaded the drivers from the AMD website. Rebooted, tried a few more times and options. Everything is the same, it freezes when adding any file from essential graphics to the timeline except for the native preset. At what the program freezes and does not close. Only reboot via ctrl+alt+del. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. Any other thoughts on how to beat this?

(PP 22.2.0)  (AE22.2.1)

http://joxi.ru/Rmz8Wj3tVVvL4A  

http://joxi.ru/KAgQpRjfOO5Dvm

284.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines