Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win10 PC freezes when exporting video [was: Export problem]

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since last Wednesday, I all of a sudden have problems exporting video's in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. I can work on them without any problem, but when I want to export, the programs jam immidiately. I tried everything I could: restarting my computer, tried exporting in Premier/After Effects itself as well as via Media Encoder, I've reinstalled Premiere on my computer, cleared the cache and overall memory,...

It seems that the problems only occur with Adobe Programs. I was able to render an 3D animation on Cinema 4D without any trouble (which it's way more demanding I imagine). 

Is there anyone who has an idea what the cause could be? Or does anyone have an solution? 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to say without more information.

• What is your OS?
  • Which product versions?
  • Have you upgraded or installed anything lately?
  • Do the programs actually crash or just become unresponsive?
  • If crashing, what do your computer crash logs say is causing it?
  • How much free hard disk space and RAM do you have?
  • Have you run any computer diagnostics to rule out a hardware problem?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thanks for the response! Here are my answers:

- OS is Windows 10.

- I use the 2020 versions of all Adobe programs.

- I changed some graphic settings to be able to capture my screen on OBS, but I don't see how that would be the problem. 

Now I think about it, I deleted everything in my download folder this week. I would find it strange if that's it because I still can use Premiere untill I want to export. I'm not really an expert though.

- The programs become unresponsive.

- I still got 83 GB free on my hard disc and 16 GB RAM.

- I haven't ran computer diagnostics. I don't know anything about that I'm afraid...

Any clearer now?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to Premier Pro forum where the concerned experts will see it.

Meanwhile, please see this related discussion.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/computer-freezes-when-exporting/td-p/9906363?page=1

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since last Wednesday, I all of a sudden have problems exporting video's in Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. I can work on them without any problem, but when I want to export, the programs jam immidiately. I tried everything I could: restarting my computer, tried exporting in Premier/After Effects itself as well as via Media Encoder, I've reinstalled Premiere on my computer, cleared the cache and overall memory,...

It seems that the problems only occur with Adobe Programs. I was able to render an 3D animation on Cinema 4D without any trouble (which it's way more demanding I imagine). 

Is there anyone who has an idea what the cause could be? Or does anyone have an solution? 

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid that isn't it. I always used H.264 in the past, but all of a sudden, I can't get to the export window. The programs freeze from the the moment I click on File > Export > Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it! Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines