• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow Audio Nesting

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently audio will not nest. According to forums this is not a feature. Please enable audio nesting.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple audio tracks have nested for years.

It just looks like they don't. If you nest several clips, then go into the created sequence, all the audio clips are there. For some reason, though, Premiere doesn't create the nested sequence audio track when it does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please please allow us to nest audio! I have 4 cameras with 24 tracks of audio and have to keep all of the audio. Cut this sequences is insane. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround. I duplicated my sequence, called it audio nest, them deleted all the video from that and placed the audio in the video sequence timeline. Essentially a cumbersome form of nesting.

People have used the term "unprofessional" about Adobe's priorities and I've been saying that for years. The CS package you get for the annul fee is amazing, but the support and product, in many ways, is not Pro level and that's too bad.

How can we not have a true garbage matte effect with spline-able keyframes? Ballistics, soft edges or keyframes on wipes? Dissolves that go fro 0 to 100 rather than 20 to 80 then jump? To name just a few.

All these things have been standard in other editing packages for decades and repeatedly requested. Adobe has failed to address them so far. C'mon Adobe. Listen to the community. These would make the day to day use much more editor friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a musician and videographer, this feature is absolutely essential. It's unbelievable to me that it's still not implemented as I would consider this basic functionality for a video editing suite. Similarly, video clips with multiple associated audio tracks should all be able to nest as one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the workarounds suggested here don't work for me. I am using Premiere Pro 2022 (version 22.3.1). The created nested sequence if you open it, does contain the audio files as epxected but the original sequence will NOT display a single nested audio sequence as it does for the video tracks.

The workaround doesn't work for me as in if I go into the created Nested sequence that contains the audio, delete the video, so now I have a single nested sequence that just contains the audio clips. When I drag the nested sequence back onto the original sequence the original stack of audio clips displays on the original sequence, not a single nested clip containing the nested audio.

Lastly nested Video clips don't play in my program monitor, so I can't even play back the video files without audio. I think nesting in general needs a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier pro version 23.3.0 allows Only Audio Nesting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it's very annoying, I currently group everything when I want to apply effects to all elements together and it works

Votes

Translate

Translate