• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Labels

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe! I have an idea for organizing when it relates to Labels & Bins. The way I do my workflow is I label a file based on purpose, so, for example, Video is always "Iris" but Music is always "Rose", I do the same for dialogue audio, sound effects audio, pictures, dynamic link, graphics, etc... you get the point right? I also put all of these categories into their own bins and label the bin's colors to their purpose to keep them neat, not only in my timeline but also in my project tab (So for example the music bin would also be labeled "Rose" becuase music files are always "Rose"). My issue is that every time I drag a new file into a defined and prelabeled bin, I then have to manually click and re-label that file to my desired label... Doesn't sound that bad but over time it adds up! And I know there is already the "label defaults" option but that only works when Premiere can recognize the type of file it is... so I always know video is "iris" and always know sequences are always "Forrest"... but "Defult labels" can't tell the difference between Dialogue Audio, Sound Effects Audio, and Music Audio. Or sometimes I consider a video file to be worthy of the graphics label, with the system I have I would have to manually change that video file from "Iris" to "Blue" because that's my graphics label color. Or if I want to bring up an even more specific example sometimes I separate footage based on the type of footage, for example, when I film my wedding ceremony is always "iris" and the reception is always "yellow". Their no way for "default labels" to tell the difference between my ceremony footage and reception footage. And that's where my idea comes in... what if you introduced an option to label files based on the bin they are placed in? For example, my sound effects bin is "mango", then every time I drag an audio file into that bin it will automatically label the audio file as "mango" because the sound effects bin I dragged it into is labeled as "mango". Or another example is every time I drag a video file in my wedding reception bin, the video file is automatically labeled as "yellow" because I labeled my wedding reception bin as "yellow". Do you see what I mean? I think this would be super helpful as an option. Screenshot 2023-05-25 013002.jpg

Idea No status
TOPICS
Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?