• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

make audio gain adjustment an effect

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the "audio gain" workflow cumbersome.  If it was an effect, you could save it with a set of parameters, copy and paste effect, etc.  Also, if you're outputting an omf or whatever to send to a sound designer, you lose the gain adjustment anyway...      Does this make sense to anyone else?    Thanks as always.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PaulMurphy has the best help for that sort of fast & reliable workflow audio stuff. So hopefully he'll opine here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you describe how you're using Audio Gain in your workflow and what specifically feels cumbersome about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the 'Amplify effect.

ampli.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul (and thanks to Neil for including you in the conversation).    Generally I just use the audio level controls in Premiere but if there is not sufficient ability to make the audio loud enough I use the "add gain" feature...  I try and add sufficient gain so that I can tweak the levels with the audio level controls.  If it was an effect, I could copy and paste to multiple clips easily...  not to mention deleting the gain for multiple clips using the remove attributes...  It's possible I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time).    

Richard, thanks for your suggestion.  Will this work as well as the audio gain dialog...  

I'm working on a 2 person conversation 3 camera shoot now (I wasn't on the shoot unfortunately) and there was a problem with the lav on one of the people so I have to consistently apply a gain to one of the people.  Fortunately, he doesn't talk alot...  I can make the audio gain workflow work, just not as simple as it should be. 

I've seen tutorials where people actually use the audio gain to match levels rather than adjusting audio levels.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me... But again, maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks as always to everyone here and the Adobe team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are a few ways you can adjust audio gain more efficiently:

1. You can apply gain adjustments directly in the Project panel, so you don't have to keep adjusting them in the Timeline each time.
  2. You can also select multiple clips in either the Project panel or Timeline and set the gain for all of them at once.
  3. The Normalize option in the Audio Gain window allows you to raise all the clips to a specific peak level, rather than adjusting them all by a set amount.
  4. My recommended workflow is to use Auto Match in the Essential Sound panel, which will match all selected clips to a standard "loudness." Loudness is more accurate than peak levels as it averages peaks over time, and these adjustments will automatically apply to the gain. Here’s more information.
  5. I reserve Volume for minor tweaks and keyframing, such as raising the levels by 3-6 dB within a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate