• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make keyframe handles pin horisontally upon holding Shift

Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys. The porblem I've suffered for ages seems to bother no one but me since I've found no such posts here in the Community.

There are keyframes in Premiere Pro and they have handles. In After effects if you hold the Shift key on your keyboard, the handles pin to the horisontal or diagonal position so in case of moving the Scale keyframe to interpolate it more gradually - that is ease in\out more - you don't go above or below the current value. 

In Premiere Pro the shift key does not work and whilest the position key is pinned to the lower part of the keyframe region and cannot be moved below it, the scale keyframes float as if not attached, see the video below.

Sequence 01_1.mp4_20231124_133725.047.jpg

The handle goes up and down from its starting point once you move it to the left to make the ease "easier". And if you want it have the sa,me value you keyframed it you either have to use a magnifying glass and a ruler or somehow bring it to the same level visually.

Isn't there a chance Adobe will introdice some kond of fix for this, so when you hold shift the handle remains on the same horizontal line and does not change its value, when you move the keyframe handle?

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this ... I would also love splines for all keyframed controls ... sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been frustrated with this for years, too.

I can't believe Adobe can't get this to work the same as in After Effects.

I frequently just jump into AE to create quick graphics that I might otherwise create in Premiere, just to avoid this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gets my vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a handy thing if it existed, I hate easing in Premiere Pro, especially that scale keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an amazing feature... I sometimes wonder why some effects have a baseline while others do not, then I figured many of the effects without baselines could give that poppy effect.. but in a real sense, the shift to snap horizontally would be just amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2024 Sep 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2024 Sep 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a convention in so many other apps, and it should be one in this case as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes no sense to not have this! And it is literally such a simple implementation. Please get it done Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, this makes simple scale animations very cumbersome. Forces me to use AE for a simple animation that should have been doable in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate