• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is not a bug, it's as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, wo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 169 Replies 169
169 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahoy there!
I have the same issue. I would like to keep two cations (in 2 languages) active at a time. How can I do that? Is there any solution to this?
Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to the comments below,
here's a solution to adding&enabling multiple subtitles to the video:

https://youtu.be/ImcWwcrmGd8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav the same request and I have to burn in two languages at the same time in terms of accessibility. to solve it for now I exported and imported and exported again. But that does not feel to be the good soution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need the possibility to burn multiple caption tracks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys sure you are listening ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in Turkey, we always need both Turkish and English subtitle which, I cannot do it with Premiere now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damnnnnn. its been more than half year now and obviously you are REALLY NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need two tracks visible at the same time, I would like the ability to add a second caption track so that I could add Spanish subtitles on one track, and English translations on the other. That way, depending on who I need to export the cut for, I can enable either of those caption tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions speak louder than words, as they say... and in both words (or lack thereof) and actions, Adobe is making it clear as a bell that they don't care about their users.

The update we got in October is a testament to how they set and follow their own agenda, oblivious to user requests for solutions to far more pressing issues.

What's the point of this website if it's met by clear and irrefutable apathy by the Pr team?
I've been one of the world's biggest Pr advocates and feedback providers. Sadly, my hope to see the Pr team leave their egos aside and actually demonstrate they care about their users is drawing thin. 😞

Will it take a mass exodus to Davinci Resolve for the Pr team to finally listen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also agree, this is needed. Language accessibility decisions shouldn't be made by people who don't understand real-world (non-anglophone) use-cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abode shows us again and again they think their users are children and need to have training wheels on their professional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know english isn't the only language right that needs subtitles right?
another basic functionality that is forgotten ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are regions where movie theaters always show two languages in the subtitle, for example Switzerland with germand and french. This doesn't only apply for movie theaters but is also used online etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely make it an option 'allow multiple caption tracks to be displayed' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we need options for burning in bilingual subtitles!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is designed to make us less convenient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say for myself, i record my microphone and my friends talking on two separate tracks so that i can adjust easily when i need to if one is louder than the other. But this means that sometimes we talk over each other. When i transcribe these, i do them separately for accuracy. But now i can't have both texts on screen at the same time if we do happen to talk over one another.
Even if i merged them into one track, it doesn't seem like i am able to have two speakers up at once. One always takes precedence over the other and removes the previous bit of dialogue.

I may have missed this as an option, but I can't even seem to be able to copy this CC text into the sequence as a regular text to modify and overlap like normal typed out text.

Maybe give us a warning dialogue when adding multiple tracks of subtitles instead of just removing that option entirely? It kinda hinders the ones who are doing it purposefully because some are doing it accidentally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions Francis. The Multiple Speaker color option could be useful for me as long as I have the option to change the colors to meet ADA standards and branding style guides.

Multiple languages are a high priority for the work I do. Being able to have both visible at the same time and to burn them at the same time is important. I can understand the reason for not being able to export multiple SRT files, but to not be able to see multiple captioning layers feels a step too far.

This is just own experience and opinion and would continue to encourage my fellow posters on this thread to continue to share their insight on your questions.

Thank you for listening, Francis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been waiting for this to be fixed as I have the same issue @Jp Avila. I was hoping they would release the fix for the 2022 version but have not. Huge bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really needs to be fixed as there is no other ways to applly different styles on different speakers.
I don't know why the seperate speakers function exist in auto transcript.
At least we need some ways to convert caption track into video track without rendering whole video length. I think the whole caption track function is still in beta testing stage. Lacking too much basic functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely necessary to have multiple subtitle tracks visible at the same time. This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple speakers:
If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

This would be perfect for a lot of projects that i do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also really hope that this issue will be fixed. I was really useful especially for multiple languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks" If we accidentally do it , we will correct it. Let us have the choice and stop patternizing us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

billingual burnt in subtitles is a very common deliverable requirement..... especially in movie theatres in countries where there is more than just 1 main language. which is like most places!!

Votes

Translate

Translate